• Breaking News

    Saturday, August 7, 2021

    Factorio Car Science sushi belt

    Factorio Car Science sushi belt


    Car Science sushi belt

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    driving around my base in both a manual car and AAI self-driving car (1st and 2nd clip) both of them racing against each other (3rd clip)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:48 AM PDT

    Oval Quad Core Nuclear Power Plant (480MW)

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 06:48 AM PDT

    I just found the greatest Factorio factory of all time on FactorioMaps.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:58 PM PDT

    https://factorio.twilightguild.se/#1/nauvis/15/-891/302/0/591

    I don't know if this has been posted before, hopefully not, but this base is just incredible and I needed to share it. It's a huge megabase, incredibly dense and compact, while also taking up more area than any base I've ever seen before. And to make things better, it's completely spaghetti, this isn't a structured base, it's just a beautiful sprawling mass of rails, belts, and machines that seems to go on forever. I could spend hours clicking and dragging through it. This base, to me, is what I imagined in my head when I first found out about the game and saw the trailer. Absolutely beautiful.

    submitted by /u/Josh9251
    [link] [comments]

    Can I set up one fluid cargo accept only water and another one only oil?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 06:35 AM PDT

    How much of a difference does a bus really make? I've been trying to relearn the game after 3 years off and so far I've been embracing the spaghetti.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:37 PM PDT

    Made it to the iron outpost with 12k left on the starting deposit. Factory basically going into full shut down. Had to make the train loader boxes out of wood. Time to restart the research. .89 evolution..... Time to build lasers.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:32 PM PDT

    Are sushi belts still cool?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    I really needed that uranium ore

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    Chunk of Utility Sci (2700/m)

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:46 PM PDT

    Iron woes, in four frames.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:36 PM PDT

    How to cancel destroy action on the place?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    Train an AI to play factorio

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 10:38 PM PDT

    Did anyone ever tried something like that? With reinforced AI or something similar. Do you think it could be possible??

    submitted by /u/Nassiel
    [link] [comments]

    To tear down or not to...

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:15 PM PDT

    Has anyone ever just completely torn down their factories and rebuilt them from the ground up? I feel like mine is starting to feel like it needs that treatment.

    submitted by /u/runningriot115
    [link] [comments]

    A PSA to experienced players and a video request

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    So I have about 800 hours in this game, and desperately want to be able to play with friends/family. I thought my brother might like it so I bought it for him and immediately jumped into a multiplayer game with him where I then proceeded to totally ruin any potential interest in Factorio.

    Instead of going his pace to get him into it, I gave a brief intro and then just started assigning him what I thought were simple tasks while I started speedrunning a bus. After maybe 30 minutes of this he quit, and told me that the game isn't for him. Sucks, but I know this game isn't for everyone so I didn't read into into it. This was a couple months ago.

    I didn't understand what I'd done until yesterday I saw a discussion on here about how that's exactly how you ruin the game for new players. So when I asked my brother what's stopping him from playing again, he told me "i never learned it on my own and you just took over everything where i just watched you play"

    Damn. Lesson learned.

    But he did also tell me that if he could watch "some vids" to regrow his interest, he'd consider giving it a second chance. What videos should I show him? Any good let's plays, reviews, or overview videos?

    submitted by /u/SteadyBender
    [link] [comments]

    Minifying the science bus

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 11:30 PM PDT

    Outposting.... Finally made it to the stone. I love the smell of Napalm in the morning.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    Forgot to leave enough space for all the inputs as usual, but this time I had an ace up my sleeve

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 09:31 PM PDT

    My first proper station and unloader

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:36 AM PDT

    Nice Landing: I finally achieved 1kspm with my "linear factory" design

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:49 PM PDT

    Nice Landing: I finally achieved 1kspm with my "linear factory" design

    I posted some pics of this factory a month or so back. It's now "finished" in that, after years of playing this game, I've hit my target of 1kspm. I can at last claim to have built a mega-base.

    The whole thing

    The starting point of the design was to avoid rail congestion by having no crossings of any kind. And it has worked like a charm. Each city block has southbound lines on its left side, northbound lines on its right side, and a set of four parallel lines above and below, the upper set all westbound, the lower set all eastbound. In effect each city block is a giant roundabout.

    Several city blocks

    All material is delivered by 1-4 trains using a more or less standard station design. Anything needed in bulk (plates, circuits, low density structures, etc.) is manufactured in bespoke factory hubs. Red conveyor belts are used throughout the factory.

    The science facilities are designed for 500spm each, so two are required to hit 1kspm.

    500spm unit

    Lift off

    https://i.redd.it/8t8v4isbfuf71.gif

    Each block is fully beaconed and close to balanced per Kirk McDonald's excellent planning tool.

    36 blue circuits per second!

    Rivers of red circuits

    Production monitor

    Even the power station is linear

    7.7 jiggawatts of power!

    Mining outposts are reached by perpendicular lines to the main base.

    Mining outposts

    The whole base is built around a regular roboport grid. Defence is a perimeter of flame thrower and laser turrets behind walls designed to make the biters run the gauntlet. Large groups of biters do manage a small amount of damage before perishing; the robots fix things up in short order.

    https://i.redd.it/nk2x4o3vfuf71.gif

    The neighbours popping round for a barbecue

    This has been fun, but I think my next base is going to be much smaller: I'm going back to spaghetti land, just building for the fun of it rather than for throughput or elegance!

    submitted by /u/ralphbecket
    [link] [comments]

    Automation of batch size production

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    A tutorial in automation with factorio: 4 videos: basic > advanced > professional > industrial-solution

    produce a specific number of green circuids

    Desciption in my blog: https://martins-wahre-logistik.blogspot.com/2021/08/automation-of-lot-size-production.html. The laguage ist German, but automated google translate ist good.

    submitted by /u/the-true-logistican
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment