• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 8, 2021

    Factorio Unlimited _*THROUGHPUT*_. Ore in belts is a thing of the past.

    Factorio Unlimited _*THROUGHPUT*_. Ore in belts is a thing of the past.


    Unlimited _*THROUGHPUT*_. Ore in belts is a thing of the past.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 03:54 PM PDT

    Opinions on my blue chip design? I'm lowkey proud

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:15 AM PDT

    Safe railway crossing. Never watch your steps again! The signal reads the state of the gate, trains will stop if the engineer is near the crossing.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    META: Pastebin blueprints should be banned from this sub as they expire too quickly

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 09:15 PM PDT

    As above, it's very frustrating to find a thread with the blueprints you wanted from 12 months ago, only to find that the blueprints were deleted from Pastebin for being >12 months old.

    I propose that all blueprints should be posted in a nested comment, yes it's messy looking but every Reddit app (and the website) lets you easily collapse the threads with a single click. and people clicking on threads about blueprints are unlikely to be annoyed at seeing a code block.

    submitted by /u/banned-again-69
    [link] [comments]

    My factory is built upon a grid of roboports. Rails are built in each grid square. Today I figured out how to snap the blueprints to the grid!

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 08:47 PM PDT

    "Hmm there should be more green circuits getting through than that..."

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 04:08 AM PDT

    250 hours in. Replacing my main belts with trains. This is going to take a while.

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 02:50 AM PDT

    This is what happens when you mess up your logistics, cargo rocket circuit network, or just don't cap machines with an active provider output...

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 04:24 AM PDT

    This is what happens when you mess up your logistics, cargo rocket circuit network, or just don't cap machines with an active provider output...

    https://preview.redd.it/2eejpirz64g71.jpg?width=1366&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d617bdd5d779af283039867c1b4d17022ac50564

    (Space Exploration mod)

    Those bio-cultures have a stack size of 5. O.o

    Anyone want 77,000 chemical plants?

    I also kept having storage on a remote planet fill up. Turns out (among other things) I was sending rockets meant for another planet to it. "Oh, you need rocket sections and fuel? Let me send them to this COMPLETELY DIFFERENT PLANET." :)

    Almost 400 hours in, finally got the initial six space resources mostly automated. Working on the tier 2 space packs. Only my second factory (first one launched rocket after about 86 hours xD), and the first one with a semi-proper rail system, so that's part of the reason it's taken so long. I purposely don't use other's blueprints, only copied a rotary junction, timer, and 1/3 of an automated rocket circuit system. I liked to play on 1.3x-1.8x speed back when my computer could handle it. :P

    https://preview.redd.it/ruu2h1d894g71.jpg?width=1366&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=637a75012b284741c92fc91e07cbdd76f8df1641

    The initial base and bus is the top left portion, MSI forces your first rocket in a fixed location about 30 chunks out (on default settings), so the large eastern portion started as just that, but eventually turned into my main factory. My core miners are one of the only things still active on the NW base.

    I eventually turned biter expansion off (so annoying), installed the air purifier mod, and got the mod that makes destroyed bases decrease evolution. Basically short of just deleting the biters. Also playing MSI 1 (still playable but there's a couple console tricks to make it fully compatible with Space Exploration), theres a boss that makes the sun go out so I played a couple dozen hours in the dark because I wasn't strong enough to kill him... on the upside, it forced me to finally play with nuclear. :P

    About 300 hours in I added the infinite resources depletion mod, since expanding for the same old resources got extremely old. Resources will still deplete to a trickle, but at least not completely.

    https://preview.redd.it/hsg0cfyqi4g71.jpg?width=1366&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d6e0d89d501b5703d60ffc167b172006e3f00ed9

    My Growing Space Base

    submitted by /u/johnmyster
    [link] [comments]

    What do you guys think about my friend and my universal unloading station?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 10:50 PM PDT

    2x5 inline recycling/providing

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 07:05 AM PDT

    Enjoying the Tasty Potions of Science! ⚙ ��

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    The power struggle. 4200 bots trying to please their master.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 08:22 PM PDT

    One more (not so little) mall

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    One more (not so little) mall

    Several people have shared designs for malls recently, and I thought you all might get a chuckle or at least a smile out of my mall zone. So come on in, grab a coffee, and I'll take you for a tour...

    https://preview.redd.it/fj5my7a865g71.png?width=636&format=png&auto=webp&s=edebef1803a5fcf5242ef959c9bbcaa8dbf154b8

    My mall zone grew out of the second or maybe third rework of my base, when I moved to a train-based city block design. Everything you see is all only for the mall - to build, power, fuel, and defend the research zones. Most of what you see is pretty self-explanatory. Don't be fooled by the grid, you are actually looking at large scale Pasta con Amarula, with blocks added in any which way when I realized I needed them...

    I am standing in the Burial ground, where my hard-working deconstruction bots and trains have dumped the remains from complete deconstruction of the entire rest of my base. Rather than deconstruct all the trains, I decided to just park them... next time, I will just decon them as well, no matter how many storage chests it takes for all the fuel...

    To my right is the original Mall, that still makes belts, inserters, power poles, factories, and all the other stuff you need... except for bots, so I added the Robots zone that makes roboports, and all the different logistic chests, oh and re-uses steel chests from deconstruction.

    The Kovarex zone processes raw uranium, with one centrifuge to turn excess U238 into U235, to support fuel cell production for my reactors (you can see a few of them in the picture, there are 24 total), and one no two no four centrifuges recycling used fuel cells (at full power 24x12 reactors produce a lot of used fuel!). Extra U238 and U235 are exported for weapons production. At one point, this also supported nuclear fuel for the train fleet, but with over 1000 trains, the Nuclear Fuel sector is now supported by 20 centrifuges at Mega kovarex.

    The Nuclear construction sector makes reactors, centrifuges, heat exchangers, turbines, heat pipes, regular pipes, pumps, and storage tanks, everything needed to set up another reactor sector.

    PPE, or Personal Protective Equipment, produces all kinds of armour and everything you can put in armour, from portable reactors and personal roboports, to shields and exoskeletons. As you need all that for Spidertron, this is also the spider nursery. And a touch more spaghetti, rocket silos are made here because why not... actually because this is where my rocket silo was for my first rocket launch :)

    Thanks for dropping by, hope you enjoyed the tour... well time to get back to work - the Factory Must Grow!

    submitted by /u/Amarula007
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player and holy hell, am I just amazed by the game.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:31 PM PDT

    I used to play back in 0.18 days, and was playing it modded as well. At the time I was in the countryside, and without internet. I played with Bob's and some other QOL mods, and got my first rocket then, but it was all done without any blueprints. I soon dropped the game and only now came back to it to discover...

    This.

    This is the Most Informative Community I have ever seen for a game.

    The subreddit which ACTUALLY makes an impact onto the game (as i'm aware, any issues published here get fixed REALLY quickly. Kovarex, you're a legend); The blueprint enthusiasts who constantly publish their masterpieces, planning every detail and calculating all throughput; The noobs to contrast those: community so untoxic that anyone who shares their new base can get feedback, no matter the complexity; The occasional, but dedicated fanart, and memes as well (r/Factoriohno is lovely)

    I can go on and on, but I think now I get why this game has the best reviews on steam out of all.

    The factory must grow. (C) someone, sometime in the past

    submitted by /u/ShyMess
    [link] [comments]

    Made a post the other day about this being my first factory. Made some improvements based on what people said. Thoughts?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    Red+Green Science - Industrial Revolution 2

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 12:23 AM PDT

    Is this like a halfway decent balancer? At least for one belt.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    Steel or electric furnaces?

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 11:06 PM PDT

    I prefer steel for the main base and electric for the mining outposts, but i dont know about you guys

    submitted by /u/Megax60
    [link] [comments]

    After 100 hours of playing and failing, planned my first megabase! TIPS are appreciated

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 04:16 PM PDT

    After not playing this game for about 7 years i decided to ce back to it. Any tips to improve my factory in the future are welcome.

    Posted: 07 Aug 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    Space Exploration: How do you calculate rocket fuel?

    Posted: 08 Aug 2021 01:45 AM PDT

    Space Exploration: How do you calculate rocket fuel?

    Hi everyone!

    I'm in my first playthrough of Space Exploration (without K2 or any other significant mods) and I'm having trouble calculating the required fuel for cargo rockets.

    When you already have a landing pad and rocket silo set up, you can see how much fuel it takes to reach any destination. However, this is not possible when establishing a new colony in another planet.

    You can find the Δv between any two locations using the Universe Explorer, but I found experimentally that Δv does not correlate with needed fuel:

    Liquid fuel per delta v for 3 different destinations

    Is there any other way to know beforehand how much fuel a trip will take?

    Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/juakofz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment