• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 17, 2021

    Factorio Finally a good use for the ship

    Factorio Finally a good use for the ship


    Finally a good use for the ship

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:37 AM PDT

    I set up a train to deliver limestone to a factory, forgot it was produced rather close by though

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    That feeling when there is no space for power poles

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:08 AM PDT

    Inserter Accident (Factorio [Fanmade] Comic Strip # 23)

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    Plastic for late game, 11.300, 22.600 and 45.200 per/min

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 04:34 AM PDT

    Plastic for late game, 11.300, 22.600 and 45.200 per/min

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIhlGC73a2o

    https://preview.redd.it/ypulrlblzpt61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=92c716cadb40b1f6acc808d1b197179f3e8247b3

    This is a plastic bar blueprint i made for late game which is also scalable between 11.300 per/min, 22.600 per/min and 45.200 plastic per/min or 4+, 8+ and 16+ blue belts of plastic. I tried to make it aesthetically pleasing as well and it takes a somewhat rhombus shape when it is fully deployed. Hope you like it, below is a blueprint:

    https://factorioprints.com/view/-MYUYIYUcJMgwOr42cGW

    submitted by /u/linktothepast83
    [link] [comments]

    Island map seed

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 09:46 AM PDT

    What's the easiest way to link up a train if you remove a car in the middle?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:38 AM PDT

    I am lugging too much iron ore around and need to get rid of one of my cargo wagons. I removed the car from the middle, then backed the train up manually expecting the cars to link up, but nothing happened.

    I can remove the engine and all of the other cargo cars and rebuild the train, but that's a bit of a pain to do and I want to be lazy about it. Can the two segments be linked up somehow?

    submitted by /u/TheQuarantinian
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for more players to play with

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 04:51 AM PDT

    Title says it all. I don't know anyone personally or online that likes this game aside from this sub and other forums.

    I'm a discord-having, 420 friendly adult looking for Friendtorio.

    submitted by /u/DathTV
    [link] [comments]

    Semi-island map seed, only three natual land bridges that should be easy to block off and control at will :)

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    My oil processing setup

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 08:09 PM PDT

    Please help me

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:14 AM PDT

    I play factorio, i get to green science, and then i lose interest, I dont know why, it seems that i dont get addicted to the game, and i, on multiplayer, got all the way to purple science, with my friend, but then he lost interest, how can i play without losing interest in the game, since i dont have many friends that want to play factorio to me so im asking for singleplayer

    submitted by /u/stefan200810
    [link] [comments]

    My first adventures in a mega/trainbase

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:21 PM PDT

    This is a story is about rejecting the question "Why" in favor of "Why Not", played out over the course of [redacted] game hours, with a big mess but even bigger plans as the result. (Next time will be different, he said for the fifth time.)

    I began my first play-through of Krastorio 2 a while ago, initially starting with a spaghetti base in a small, easily defensible area before converting to a bus in a much larger area once I was able to clear it out. In my vanilla playthroughs I never went past bus and my use of trains was mostly to shuffle resources into my main smelting/whatever centers. Once I had the very basics of Krastorio figured out I decided I should treat this playthrough as more than just a harder version of vanilla and try to make something really grand. So I decided to try this megabase thing those folks on r/factorio are always talking about.

    My basic strategy plan had three main prongs:

    • Big city blocks made of six roboports
    • Widget train stations for both pickup & dropoff
    • Centralization of resource hoarding to enable better regulation of train schedules

    City Blocks

    Here's my basic city block. The top left traffic circle is where I put the "extras" - an advanced radar and a pollution filter. I'm a little proud of the pollution filter system, which was my first attempt at using circuits with trains. The station only turns on if the crate (which is set to size 1) has fewer than 50 clean filters in it (stack size of filters is 100 so this is a strong buffer). I have one little worker train that keeps my air pretty clean!

    One big error was the preponderance o traffic signals. For some reason I designed these to be one car apart, causing traffic jams.

    Widgets

    The widgets idea (1) (2 & 3) mostly works with some modifications off my initial design. Particularly on the top (because of the pollution filter dropoff station) it's difficult to get both a two-car & four-car dropoff both situated there. I've had success connecting entries & exits directly traffic circles rather than forcing a preceding merge with the main lane. Those dang traffic signals were a problem in designing widgets. Because there's so many of them it's very difficult to hem in the various pieces that need to go right next to the rail.

    Resource Centralization

    Resource centralization was my big idea, and I still think it works in theory, but the practice... woo boy, the practice. Basically the idea here is that all my iron ore mines can send their products to one city block where they're built up and stored in a series of typical train loading stations. The advantage is that I can disconnect the number of iron ore distribution sites from the number of iron ore mining trains.

    So the concept makes sense. But then I thought, why don't I add different types of resources to the distribution center? I can control entry via circuit condition, and keep all my ores in one place. The most simple version of this, my iron plate/copper plate/steel plate depot, actually works pretty well (with the small caveat that I'm still perfecting the logic to control which mining train enters, e.g. here I need). Wide view with all entries & exits, Close-up of loading.

    Once I proved that concept I decided to try it on a "two-train" materials depot. I had two big errors here: first, I added way too many item types to a single block's distribution plan, and second, the logic of inserter speeds really did not translate once I switched from a 4>4 car model to a 4>2 car model.

    That second point may seem obvious but to explain a little, I knew I would need the same number of inserters for the dropoff (four-car) and pickup (two-car) stations. My same-number-of-inserters model actually worked great on the 4>4 depot (where I had inserters on both sides with a tunnel connecting opposing inserters). But as it turns out, the exact distances between items on a belt matters a_lot, and even when I had the same number of inserters, the necessity of a different unloading inserter pattern caused a very different spacing pattern, meaning all kinds of items slipped past the loading inserters. Unfortunately I don't have a screenshot of the original, but just imagine twelve lanes each fed by two adjacent inserters snaking out from the unloading train into twelve inserter lanes, each with inserters separated by a tunnel connecting opposite sides of a train.

    The pattern I settled on tends to get nearly everything but also overloads the front crates. But it worked!

    Soon however I ran into two more problems. First, I simply wasn't able to send out copper wire distribution trains nearly often enough, chiefly because of unloading speeds at the distribution center. Second, and you may have seen this coming, putting different station types in sequence with expected long wait times and no exit was... not so good. To be fair to myself it's not as bad as it could be; I control entry to this distribution center by circuit and only send a train in if there's enough items in the distribution system to get that thing filled up and on its way. But I'm still producing deadlocks like this.

    My next plan is to handle both problems by (a) changing the unloader back to a 48-inserter model, but feeding the resulting 24 lanes into two different (identically programmed) two-car trains simultaneously, and (b) having each lane be populated by the same type of station, with further-back stations only activating if the front one is populated. (I'd probably switch to only 2-3 stations per line as well and add a "standing in reserve" station in the extra space.)

    Conclusion

    I'm rapidly running out of resources and desperately need to conquer a very rich stretch of land just north of me. But first I need to just tweak one more little thing...

    Thanks if you read this far! I guess I think about this so much that the words just flowed out when I started writing.

    submitted by /u/lucasj
    [link] [comments]

    Saw a bunch of people posting their island seed... this uses the “Island Start” mod and has a mainland off to the right! Was a blast to play, sorry I don’t have a clean image

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 05:23 AM PDT

    I made a factory generator. First working prototype. ^^

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    Refreshing the needed components when building things personally (not in a manufacturing plant)

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 07:25 AM PDT

    I started to build a bunch of power substations, not in a manufacturing plant but by myself (whatever the term for that is). It said I needed to first build 50 circuit cards and started to produce them.

    I took 50 circuit cards out of chest so I had them in inventory, but the personal production queue doesn't recognize that I had them and contined to craft them. If I delete the substation from the production queue and then add it again it recognizes that I have the cards on hand and doesn't add them to the production queue.

    Is there a way that I can pick up items out of a chest or some other source and then refresh the personal production queue to reflect what I now have on-hand without having to remove the final desired product and re-add?

    submitted by /u/TheQuarantinian
    [link] [comments]

    Tileable high-length beaconed smelters w/ productivity modules

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 04:25 PM PDT

    My first Bus base!

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 12:06 AM PDT

    My first Bus base!

    I've started a new game and i was thinking: "what if i try to make a bus base" (i've used spaghetti before) and my base looks like this:

    Any tips/tricks into comments!

    submitted by /u/Meow_Meow_man
    [link] [comments]

    Finally figured out how to do cool train stuff! I know the unloading isn't the most efficient, but it's a pretty solid throughput when I've got a few trains in queue.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 10:41 AM PDT

    Is there a way to increase the map size after you stated the game.

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 04:39 PM PDT

    A few friends and I started a new map today and spent 7 hours in it already, but we most likely messed the settings up, since the edges are all reachable within like two minutes with a car.

    Is there a way to change this in a config file or something? or maybe with a mod?

    submitted by /u/BlueberryNeko_
    [link] [comments]

    Yellow science, circuits included

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 03:27 PM PDT

    [Space Exploration]My stupid silly spaceship with a train in it with less than 2k integrity

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:05 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment