• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 27, 2021

    Factorio When you're desperate to get more coal

    Factorio When you're desperate to get more coal


    When you're desperate to get more coal

    Posted: 26 May 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    Factorio funnel flamethrower defense wall (Behemoth proof, minimal repairs needed)

    Posted: 27 May 2021 01:49 AM PDT

    2nd Factory / First 1k+ SPM Base ~180 Hours In (Completed SpaceX Mod @160 Hours)

    Posted: 26 May 2021 09:32 PM PDT

    A quiet place for reflection

    Posted: 26 May 2021 02:11 PM PDT

    I made fastest labs in the west :D 12 beaconed labs, fully tileable, belt based.

    Posted: 26 May 2021 09:05 AM PDT

    Who needs dragon teeth when you have these.

    Posted: 27 May 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    Understanding segment-size settings for server

    Posted: 27 May 2021 05:15 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    This week I've started playing factorio with some friends, and while the experience has been mostly positive, we've noticed the lag and stutter can get badly out of hand at times.

    I'm on the same LAN as the dedicated server and it's been stuttery, so I believe my friends when they say things get 'interesting'.

    In trying to debug this, I've done the usual first steps (make sure port forwarding is configured, make sure the firewall and antivirus aren't interfering with the traffic, but to no avail so now I come to the few networking options exposed in the server configuration json and I need some help understanding these options:

    Maximum segment size = 100; minimum segment size = 25; maximum-segment-size peer count = 10; minimum-segment-size peer count = 20

    In searching for more information I keep coming across 'segment-size' used in reference to map segments, and nothing to do with the networking parameter definitions.

    For example, what unit is 'segment size' in within the context of these network settings? byte? kbyte? other?

    Also, I notice that the default options have the maximum-segment-size peer count set LOWER than the minimum-segment-size peer count, which makes me very very nervous :D

    Any information or personal experiences with adjusting these parameters impacting stutter/lag welcomed.

    Any other experiences or information addressing stutter/lag welcomed (keeping in mind I've already eliminated port forwarding, firewall, anti-virus, sufficient RAM, and sufficient CPU as potential factors).

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/mesterflaps
    [link] [comments]

    [question] Space Exploration - Power consumption

    Posted: 27 May 2021 06:23 AM PDT

    Does the Space Exploration mod have significantly decreased power consumption, I'm a quarter way through building a mega base on my homeworld, I've still got my starter base building red/green/blue/purple/yellow/black sciences in limited quantities, I have 15000+ logistics robots sorting the overflow from my LTN trains and yet I'm still only drawing less than 500MW

    In a normal game at this point I would be sucking up the juice, I just wonder if Space Explo changes the power consumption or is it simply the lack of beacons being used?

    submitted by /u/_youlikeicecream_
    [link] [comments]

    Is Factorio really worth it?

    Posted: 26 May 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    A couple of months ago after 1.0 release I accidentally stumbled upon Factorio and decided to check it out, at that time I had no idea about the game and guess what? I was absolutley in LOVE with it! So i decided to watch some videos and play the demo. I was sank in all of those for tens of hours before I realised.

    Now after few months of struggling with myself I decided to finally purchase the game but there's an issue, My budget isimited I can only purchase 1-2 games per year max and I'm still not 100% sure so I decided to ask for some help and advice.

    I know the game is amazing and all but is it really worth it in my situation? Because it's probably going to be my only game this year so after all I'm still kinda sceptical about it. What do you guys think?

    [EDIT] : A big thank you to GenghisZahn for gifting me the game and I appreciate all of you guys for all the advice and suggestions <3 I won't let you down.

    submitted by /u/Ali_03Jz
    [link] [comments]

    Spitter trap

    Posted: 27 May 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    Modular Factories with CargoBus - POC

    Posted: 26 May 2021 11:28 PM PDT

    Hmm, I can still see the map... Need more railyards ASAP.

    Posted: 27 May 2021 12:55 AM PDT

    [K2SE+] Satellite rocket launched - base so far (180+ hours), now to figure out cargo rockets

    Posted: 26 May 2021 10:08 AM PDT

    Backup powersystem

    Posted: 27 May 2021 02:10 AM PDT

    My question is, if a backup powersystem is worth the effort, and how big such a powersystem needs to be, to power a "big" factory (for a 100Hr player) to successfully restart the main powersystem.

    Backgroud: In my second base (modded) the powersystem is connected to the factory and once the power dropped ( consumption was to high) , a downward sprial started and ended in a blackout. Luckely I had a chest prepeared to restard the energy-production and could bring my factoriy (after some powergrid-cuts back online.

    In my next base I plan to use only steam, produced by a nuclear reactor, however fuelrods require a lot of power to produce, and I fear I might not be able to restart this powersystem so "easy" like the last one,

    Ps: If this question was already answered, I did not find the post and would appreciate it, if it would be linked

    submitted by /u/nyx_goddessthefirst
    [link] [comments]

    Factorio Key Question

    Posted: 27 May 2021 08:05 AM PDT

    I'm about to retire the rig I built over 10 years ago now. When I set up my new machine can I use the same key on it, or do I have to buy a new one?

    submitted by /u/cjc080911
    [link] [comments]

    Space exploitation (mod) + K2

    Posted: 27 May 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    I have started a new game of Space exploitation with K2. I just unlock Space chould i go to a mun or stay nauvis ? And what item/fluid chould i put on a bus ( or just a trains base)? Do you have any other advice?

    submitted by /u/petilounet
    [link] [comments]

    My compact oil refining

    Posted: 26 May 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    Endgame Module Factory

    Posted: 27 May 2021 07:03 AM PDT

    In response to u/0ri0ri's tileable lab design: same idea but I managed to cram 7 belts in for maximum length

    Posted: 26 May 2021 07:10 PM PDT

    A thought ��

    Posted: 26 May 2021 09:53 PM PDT

    So scrolling through YouTube and I see another vid about how strong Minecraft Steve is... I'm pretty sure by the same logic of those vids, our engineer must be stronger right? Anyone care to work up the math or link it if it's already been done?

    submitted by /u/Steel_Rev
    [link] [comments]

    First real try at a well automated factory, i havnt looked annything up because i like coming up with ideas :)

    Posted: 26 May 2021 03:11 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment