• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 13, 2021

    Factorio Fell asleep playing, now my UI is huge and I can't fix it. Please help!

    Factorio Fell asleep playing, now my UI is huge and I can't fix it. Please help!


    Fell asleep playing, now my UI is huge and I can't fix it. Please help!

    Posted: 13 May 2021 03:37 AM PDT

    Setting splitter priority

    Posted: 13 May 2021 01:31 AM PDT

    JOSEF: 16h timelapse & save file

    Posted: 13 May 2021 01:53 AM PDT

    Coming to theatres near you (art my me)

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    After waking my PC from sleep, it woke up in Factorio Limbo. Only shadows are rendered and everything is blue.

    Posted: 13 May 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    I turned the title screen simulations into my wallpaper

    Posted: 12 May 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    Render I put together heavily influenced by Factorio

    Posted: 12 May 2021 06:01 PM PDT

    Where is all the crude oil coming from?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    Where is all the crude oil coming from?

    Hello,

    I'm having my first shot at a megabase and I'm trying to build some pipelines to produce enough rocket fuel for a rocket every minute (not important right now).

    I have this setup where I have 10 refineries each with enough speed modules so their crafting speed is 5. Since the crafting time of adv oil processing this means one cycle is done every second by every refinery. This means I need 1000 crude oil per second. In the bottom of the picture you can see all the connected pumpjacks.

    It's 5 pumpjack with the expected resources:

    127 + 207 + 228 + 114 +127 = 803.

    Even though this is smaller than the required 1000, all my refineries are working at full speed with no interuptions and the crude oil reservoir in the back is in fact filling up (i left it running for like 1 min and it gattered 6k crude oil in it). This is quite beneficial for me as I need to add more of these plants, but I'm curios about why this is happening? What am I missing? My math says this shouldn't work but it seems to work.

    PS: I'm also lowkey proud of the spaghetti piping between the 2 refinery rows :D

    https://preview.redd.it/pjnh4izdivy61.png?width=1396&format=png&auto=webp&s=e09686898bbabbe399e08667bc589072c62886c4

    submitted by /u/tibithegreat
    [link] [comments]

    Which one do you like more?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 04:36 AM PDT

    For me, both are great.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Bimbales
    [link] [comments]

    A few small questions about balancers

    Posted: 13 May 2021 01:20 AM PDT

    Help.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:33 PM PDT

    I'm so happy !!

    Posted: 13 May 2021 03:13 AM PDT

    I'm so happy !!

    I just finish the game ! Yeah ! After ~300hours on steam, I begun my factorio adventure in the end of 2014 (playing on an alpha version) but I never had the courage to finish it. Every new game was an incredible experience for me and now I'm one of those who finished the game... I'm very proud of it.

    Thanks to all of you! I'm running a pretty accurate factory using this reddit sub. It help me a lot.

    Here the finish

    Here my base

    submitted by /u/Hasyame
    [link] [comments]

    Keep losing interest once I get to green science...

    Posted: 12 May 2021 04:05 PM PDT

    Anyone else feel this way or got past it?

    I've been playing for about 12 hours or so now, and have restarted twice

    The game up to the point where I research green science packs is so fun and automation is ramped up slowly and I feel good with it all

    But once green science comes into play and I have to mix like 4-5 different things it just feels like juggling too many things at once and I quickly lose interest

    Maybe the game isn't for me I guess

    submitted by /u/tco30101
    [link] [comments]

    [1.1.33] Belt bug, graphical only it appears

    Posted: 12 May 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    Sushi belt with an equilibrium feature?

    Posted: 13 May 2021 08:14 AM PDT

    Lets say I have sushi belt that at any time can have up to 10 unique items on it. Let's say this sushi belt consists of 50 belt pieces in a simple loop. Am I able to count how many items are of each item on this 50 belt loop? Or do combinators only count what's on a single piece of belt? How would I use circuits to make sure I never have any more than 10 items of each unique item?

    submitted by /u/johnhops44
    [link] [comments]

    Which game of this genre do you think is the easiest/most accessible? Factorio, Satisfactory, or Dyson Sphere?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 10:12 PM PDT

    Just curious what yall's thoughts are on these 3 similar games

    Which one do you think is the easiest to get into in terms of complexity?

    submitted by /u/tco30101
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me figure out why my light oil won't pump out of the wagon?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:51 PM PDT

    How do you go about protecting remote outposts?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 04:13 PM PDT

    I've depleted my starting area and I've set up a fair amount of remote mining outposts to deliver ore back to my base through trains to finish the research tree and finally launch a rocket, but I'm having a hard time protecting it, I keep having to go over and repair/rebuild things every so often. I've considered setting up a roboport at each one with construction robots to repair things after each attack instead of letting them slowly chip away while I'm distracted, but I don't know how I'd set something up to keep the roboports stocked with repair packs that wouldn't leave me with a huge buffer of repair packs. Wondering what solutions you guys have found.

    submitted by /u/MaliciousCucumber
    [link] [comments]

    I failed to realise Solaris was a mid-game achievement... so I did it in the end-game

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    Low power

    Posted: 13 May 2021 03:08 AM PDT

    Hey guys new to the game loving it at the moment, just figuring out some basics. My labs have a low power indicator but my power consumption seems fine, what am I missing?

    submitted by /u/Dexoxo
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to mod in the beacons from Space Exploration without including the whole overhaul mod?

    Posted: 12 May 2021 11:05 PM PDT

    I don't like creating designs around vanilla beacons, so I want to use the SpaceEx beacons where each machine can only be affected by one beacon, which can include many modules.

    submitted by /u/linknmike
    [link] [comments]

    I still (kinda) don't understand the reason for beacons.

    Posted: 12 May 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    From what I've read, beacons are primarily to up output by reducing the number of belts in bigger bases as the CPU can't keep up with all the moving parts and UPS suffers. Either that or to save physical space on the map. I have a mid-tier gaming rig and hold steady at 60 UPS no matter how hard I tray to tax the machine.

    What I don't understand is assuming no issues with UPS and plenty of space, why would someone choose to build a row of beacons instead of another row of assemblers?

    submitted by /u/dyxlesic_fa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment