• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 16, 2021

    Factorio New Updated "BobAAAces Base Book v4.52" with 341 Blueprints for Early, Mid, and Late Game

    Factorio New Updated "BobAAAces Base Book v4.52" with 341 Blueprints for Early, Mid, and Late Game


    New Updated "BobAAAces Base Book v4.52" with 341 Blueprints for Early, Mid, and Late Game

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 12:47 AM PST

    protecting the last iron ore

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 01:33 AM PST

    my friend messed with the config of a train mod

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 02:19 AM PST

    Safe Waterfill

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 11:08 AM PST

    Version 1.1.24

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 02:13 AM PST

    Bugfixes

    • Fixed a crash related to building instant blueprints in editor. more
    • Fixed a visual in blueprint building preview when building walls over walls. more

    Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

    submitted by /u/FactorioTeam
    [link] [comments]

    Version 1.1.23

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 11:13 PM PST

    Bugfixes

    • Fixed a crash that could happen when certain sound effects would play. more

    Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

    submitted by /u/FactorioTeam
    [link] [comments]

    The Wube devs are without a doubt the best in the world

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 06:04 AM PST

    I've played over 2,600 hours in this bloody game, starting at 0.18. I love it, it takes me away from the real world. My latest run is on the Krastorio 2 mod, which is a wonderful addition. Last night, I got my first tank built, so I went out to clear some biter bases.

    As I got near the first base, just driving along and shooting, the game crashed hard. In all the time I've spent, I don't think I ever had a crash, this game is so stable. No worries, I had a save. So I try to drive up to a base again, and crash. Fine, it must be Krastorio. No worries, skip the tank, get some artillery. I load up some shells, they start to fire, and 1,2,3,4 Crash. Keep trying stuff. Crashity, crash, crash. Then it crashed when I was just walking around. Dammit, my game is toast, and I'm just getting trains running!

    So, early this morning, like an addict, I start up the game, and lo and behold, there's been a single patch, having to do with certain sounds crashing the system. And the game is running again!!! I'm just a random dude, the dev team doesn't know who I am. So, could it be just a wild coincidence? Or are the Wube devs simply the best in the world?

    submitted by /u/mjconver
    [link] [comments]

    It's not much, but a couple hours into my first factory. Went YOLO and enabled marathon mode and decided not to use any wikis.

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 03:08 PM PST

    Kirkmcdonald's Factorio calculator is ported as an offline Android and IOS application

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 10:42 AM PST

    Kirkmcdonald's Factorio calculator is ported as an offline Android and IOS application

    Hi everyone!

    I believe a lot of Factorio players are familiar with one of the best Factorio calculators: https://kirkmcdonald.github.io/

    I am happy to announce that the calculator was recently ported into offline Android and IOS application which could be installed on the phone or a tablet and used offline while playing the game. The application implements almost the entire feature set of the original calculator:

    • Works offline.
    • Supports the latest Factorio version.
    • Very easy to use, but contains a range variety of settings if required.
    • Proper handling of oil products. Obtaining numbers for these recipes can be tricky, as several of the items involved may be produced from multiple recipes.
    • Supports the breakdown of the production rates.
    • Support for the mining productivity bonus
    • Support for "expensive" mode.
    • Arbitrary numerical precision. Calculations are performed using large scale rationals, so errors from floating-point calculations should not be an issue.
    • May display rates per second, minute, or hour.
    • Support for modules, including beacons.
    • Support for multiple simultaneous outputs.

    I am the application developer and I am planning to add expand and exclude features soon. I also welcome any feedback, suggestions, and bug reports from the Reddit community.

    The application is free and available for download on the Google Play Market and the App Store.

    https://preview.redd.it/p433f2dqtoh61.png?width=249&format=png&auto=webp&s=6227975fb57008715d7bcf0b95a1d5ca3bcc966d

    https://preview.redd.it/jd8au2dqtoh61.png?width=249&format=png&auto=webp&s=8bd394d1c1f5220ef83c62265e20ff771a17096b

    https://preview.redd.it/yfd5zfdqtoh61.png?width=249&format=png&auto=webp&s=b94c5bd208ce914f1ecfe68003e68c6eafaaa4f3

    https://preview.redd.it/5zzlt1dqtoh61.png?width=547&format=png&auto=webp&s=a7d3a8e7e9db9c2890cce85c76b37521e04afd55

    https://preview.redd.it/nvz7w1dqtoh61.png?width=547&format=png&auto=webp&s=876eb1a501c49fea87ceb8ac015c988decb6ac31

    https://preview.redd.it/7c9i07dqtoh61.png?width=547&format=png&auto=webp&s=2ef3932010752a2a1b2672732c695c0197f5b1f2

    submitted by /u/grekon007
    [link] [comments]

    Good Death World Seed: 2338624140

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 08:45 PM PST

    Version 1.1.22

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 01:25 PM PST

    Optimizations

    • Improved performance when building blueprints in multiplayer. more

    Bugfixes

    • Fixed Artillery wagon and turret showing wrong tooltip title in deconstruction planner. more
    • Fixed control setting buttons wouldn't have a tooltip when they started without a set value. more
    • Possible fix for multiplayer server crashing when a client tries to connect. more
    • Fixed a crash in multiplayer when upgrading or deconstructing. more
    • Removed and tweaked some hidden locale to hopefully make 100% possible. more
    • Added explicit values to the circuit network range specification in the tips and tricks. more
    • Fixed that the copy and paste tips and tricks simulation wasn't working properly. more
    • Fixed that LuaFlowStatistics::get_flow_count didn't work correctly. more
    • Fixed that instant blueprint building in the map editor didn't work with undo. more
    • Fixed missing status for wall controlling gate by circuit network. more
    • Fixed a crash when saving when using LuaItemStack::create_grid() on stacks with a count > 1. more
    • Fixed that enter to confirm a logistic request count didn't work. more
    • Fixed pole dragging corner case. more
    • Fixed padding in the sync mods with save window when scroll is activated.
    • Fixed invalid "Can't reach" message when using ghost cursor to build rails in the latency state.
    • Fixed wrong status of rail signal next to rail with wrong direction.
    • Fixed that manual rotation of entity with rotation upgrade order didn't clear that order. more
    • Fixed in calculation of required modules when combining real and requested modules during blueprint creation. more
    • Fixed that blueprint containing only entities placeable off grid was built off grid even with snap to grid specified. more
    • Fixed crash caused by scrolling blueprint book in a blueprint shelf that is not yet synchronised. more
    • Fixed that tips & tricks simulation sounds were continuing to play when switched to a tutorial. more
    • Fixed that player could get stuck by entities created in the tutorials. more
    • Fixed some unnecessary error sounds in a special cases when building power poles. more
    • Fixed that exiting high speed moving train could result in a player being stuck. more
    • Fixed mod dependency tooltips in some cases. more
    • Fixed that the upper 1/3 part of the color picker button in the train stop gui didn't work. more
    • Fixed walls would not be buildable on valid positions in some cases. more
    • Fixed crash related to modded underground pipe ghosts with multiple connections with different lengths. more
    • Fixed that it was sometimes possible for an entity to attack an entity on a different surface. more
    • Fixed inaccurate range indicator in spidertron. more
    • Fixed that some sounds that were audible when viewing a certain part of the map in map view wouldn't stop when closing the map view. more

    Changes

    • Added shortcut info tooltips to to all of the relevant confirm buttons and close buttons.
    • Lowered editor surface changing shortcut to not be in the way if Control + <number> is used for something. more
    • Changed personal logistic requests for ammo so they don't get delivered to the spidertron you're driving. more

    Scripting

    • Added move_stuck_players bool parameter (false by default) to the create_entity method.

    Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

    submitted by /u/FactorioTeam
    [link] [comments]

    Logistics - Space Exploration

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 07:01 AM PST

    I am struggling to set up logistics using delivery cannons, how do I send logistic signals from the space platform to Nauvis so I can have the cannons shoot up resources I'm short on?

    submitted by /u/Theodin-cat-lord
    [link] [comments]

    Bot-bases possible/unpopular, smelting on site or not

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 06:06 AM PST

    hey,

    tldr: can a base work with a big grid of 12 beacons with only supply by bots for 1kspm.

    recently I finaly did my lazy bastard game. I Like my base and would like to expand to bigger targets. Thinking about city grid, but I dont really like it. But I want to have trains for everything. My only 1kspm base wasnt really difficult settings. I mined, smelted and produced everything on site (green chips e.g., copper and iron was done on site and belts delivered the stuff to the assembling machines) and a train brought everything to my bus, where I was producing the science. dont want to do the same again, so I plan to do mining, smelting on different places, but I dont really see an advantage for ofsite smelting. why should I drive my iron around, when i can smelt on site. The outposts are pritty dense, so woun't deplete fast, what would be the only reason to do in diffrent places.

    the other question is, why are bot bases so unpopular. Most of the "I show you my base" show great belt based bases. But why not using bots for everything?

    mining into provider chests - carried by bots to the train station. only problem could be, how I balance which chests the bots deliver/take from. With loading a double or tripple row of steel chests might be enough. but unloading?Smelting-with botsassembling with bots.

    I mean, I only would need a big train station where I deliver the material (Iron & Copper plates, and fluids, nothing else) and next to the station I build a big column of 12 beacon squares. I dont need belts nothing. Only thing would be fluids, which I need to deliver by pipes to the assembling machines.Only requesterchests and providerchest. Is this to much, are bots limited for a specific amount of calculations per tick.Sounds so mega easy. I mean for 1kspm its about 400 assembling machines. thats 20x20 squares of 9x9 (baucase each beacon row is used several times) that 9x20+3 = 183 tiles x 183 tiles.

    of course I need to finde places for roboports, so it gets wider as I would need to fill some squares with roboports. and I maybe also would need to have 4 train stations with all material around, that it gets delivered from all sides. so 22x22 maybe what would be 201x201 tiles. supply are of a robobort is 50x50. Every 6 row could be a row full of roboports, or I inlued them next to the assembling machines. (then assembling machine coulndt be centered. or I leave on space in my beacons but that would make the ting much bigger.

    so what do you think, can this work with tons of bots flying around tons of stuff? are the asembler to fast that the bots can deliver fast enough (the usual shift left click wont work I guess). Can so many chest in one botnetwork properly be filled? is it UPS unfriendly.

    hopefully it isn't to bad english and you understand what I want to tell.

    raidi

    Kirk calculation of how many assembling machines I need

    submitted by /u/raidi87
    [link] [comments]

    My first REAL playthrough with a friend.. First base where it's not 100% spaghetti mess, and blueprint free! (Except cheat sheet. Cheat sheet is too good to give up.)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 04:06 AM PST

    Made a 2x2 reactor, my first "planned" blueprint/build

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 01:45 PM PST

    My second base

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 01:30 AM PST

    My first 1k SPM base

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 09:05 PM PST

    Max stack size in tooltip

    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 05:29 PM PST

    Max stack size in tooltip

    Add another property in the tooltip of an item, that says it's max stack size.

    Tooltip Example

    Would be a very nice QoL feature.

    submitted by /u/EpicPuppyRawrr
    [link] [comments]

    Show me your water barreling

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 06:17 AM PST

    I love the fluid barreling mechanics but I rarely see fit to do it. I'm curious to see how people tackle barreling liquids and why they chose barrels

    submitted by /u/DryMathematician89
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have the blueprint string for this reactor?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 06:16 AM PST

    The pastebin link has expired, so it's not there any more, but I really like this one. I had it, but lost all my blueprints when I stupidly assumed they were in the game folder when I reinstalled Windows (spoiler: they are not).

    https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/6dd7de/2x2_480mw_nowaste_nuclear_reactor/

    submitted by /u/EOverM
    [link] [comments]

    Train station

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 02:57 AM PST

    hello, if someone has a large unloading station for the bus

    submitted by /u/DominikBba
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment