• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 17, 2021

    Factorio 450 hours in, and I'm addicted...

    Factorio 450 hours in, and I'm addicted...


    450 hours in, and I'm addicted...

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 05:05 AM PST

    May be not so effective train station, but maaaan, I love it

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 05:37 AM PST

    Somebody asked me how I'm still not bored of "this weird game" after thousands of hours. (Enable sound)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 11:04 AM PST

    DJ S & the Synthespiders - Mini Tape Deck (Enable Sound)

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 07:22 AM PST

    Why is my menu simulation broken? Rather than a cool background of different scenes from the game, I get a cool error message instead.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 12:29 AM PST

    [SE] First reorganization of space science into train fed, expandable hubs

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 06:36 AM PST

    Is there any guide about how to use the LTN combinator?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 06:43 AM PST

    Functorio (teaching functional programming with Factorio)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 01:32 PM PST

    Two mod requests: Increased speaker sound board & variable belt speeds

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 02:07 AM PST

    Hi there,

    So I had an incredible amount of fun with DJ Spidertron (and the Synthespiders, the band she picked up along the way). I already have tons of new ideas how you could improve the thing, have more parallel tracks that can be turned on and off for live mixing, all that.

    (Side note: maybe I miss concerts.)

    So the only issue is that I'm kind of limited to 85 BPM at the moment due to the fixed speed of blue belts. Yellow and red are just too slow. Ideally I'd like to have "tuneable" belts to actually adjust the speed as needed. Also, I'm not sure whether speakers reading belt contents still work okay with modded, faster belts. Has anyone had problems with modded belts & circuit magic?

    The other thing that's bugging me is the very limited sound board. I've already manually replaced the bass sound files in my Factorio installation (the YouTube version of the song has my own bass sound) but it's annoying to manually change pitch, save it under a new name, change it again, rinse, repeat. 45 times or so per instrument. Also, as it is I'm limited to the like 15 instruments available to the speakers by default. I'm guessing it shouldn't be too complicated to add more to that? Is there maybe even a mod that does that?

    This is so much fun and I'd love to be able to make some actual music with it! :)

    submitted by /u/Drogiwan_Cannobi
    [link] [comments]

    I’m stuck!

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 12:35 AM PST

    I am totally stuck. There, I said it.

    Can anyone give me some guidance or a sense of direction?

    I have quite a sprawling base and recently thought that I'd start to build robots, so I built a bunch of construction robots but I currently have them sitting in my inventory as I don't have a clue how to deploy them. Then I thought I'd use trains, but in reality my base whilst large isn't big enough to need to move huge amounts of stuff at high speed across long distances...I think. So I'm really not sure what direction to take at the moment... Part of me says to start again and try something new but I don't want to lose all of the progress I've made... Vanilla player by the way...

    submitted by /u/Boredfatman
    [link] [comments]

    Blog post about Factorio and functional programming..

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 12:44 PM PST

    Production tab is not showing the correct science consumed when using loader.

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 04:53 AM PST

    Production tab is not showing the correct science consumed when using loader.

    https://preview.redd.it/tb2pr1cmc1i61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=9a3c12e14f928e46ade51b5a58529d54eee3d496

    It's fairly inconsequential because the research is working as expected, but I can't seem to figure out why it's doing this. For some reason the recorded amount seem to fit with the actual amount divided by 1.4 which suggest some connection to productivity, but there doesn't seem to be any visible reason for it to factor this in somehow.

    The spike where it goes up to 78-79 consumed per minute is where I clocked an inserter to see if it actually consumed to correct amount. So apparently it only shows too little when I'm using the loader to load the tech cards. The plateau around the spike is after I added a few beacons to the lab, so the actual reading of the current consumption is 56 cards per minute.

    Edit: I should add that I'm using Krastorio2 with nothing else having major influence on game play.
    2.Edit: It seems I failed posting with the image.

    submitted by /u/Kahnugo
    [link] [comments]

    Compact, tileable, beaconed late game smelter

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 02:58 PM PST

    bob's mod, train upgrade?

    Posted: 17 Feb 2021 02:25 AM PST

    Is there anyway to upgrade trains in bob's mod without putting down the new train, copying the previous train's orders, deleting the train and backing it up and connecting it to the wagon? please say there is...

    submitted by /u/IHaveTeaForDinner
    [link] [comments]

    I Call This Death Lane, Very Heavy Train Traffic Here. I've Died Once and Destroyed 4 Cars Here.

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 05:32 PM PST

    how do i make the light green spidertron's follow the dark green one?

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 02:42 PM PST

    Finally got to the modules. Designed this beauty from scratch. Not sure if it's optimal but it's quite symmetric and balanced

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 02:17 PM PST

    You merely dismissed the spaghett, I was born in it, moulded by It. (New player here)

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 01:59 PM PST

    Just took a super high resolution screenshot (49152 x 49152) of my mid-game Seablock base

    Posted: 16 Feb 2021 08:40 PM PST

    Here's the link (it's 900MB):

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xmufayTVFZrxpXyyQ0qLdKwjojb94slQ/view?usp=sharing

    Any idea if it's possible to upload and view something like this in a browser?

    submitted by /u/Wonderful-Ad1843
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment