• Breaking News

    Tuesday, September 15, 2020

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread


    Weekly Question Thread

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Ask any questions you might have.

    Post your bug reports on the Official Forums


    Previous Threads


    Subreddit rules

    Discord server (and IRC)

    Find more in the sidebar ---->

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    So i built a kovarex enrichment process setup that i wanted to share. This is my first post in this subreddit so please be kind.

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    Drunktorio a.k.a "Ya, I can shove a rail system in here"

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    Wood powered factory: Launched a rocket only using wood for energy (no mods)

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    They massacred my boys.

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 04:29 AM PDT

    Factorio guy is cruel.

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    He can literally terra form an alien planet single handedly. He can start from scratch and build a rocket using his knowledge on his own. His wits range from nuclear fission to intricate handcraft.

    Yet. He obliterates the natives without even making an attempt of communicating with them.

    submitted by /u/HorizonSkip
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me figure out my railway crossing? Have never worked with signals before. The trains are double-headed, so go in both directions

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Being productive in multy with friends

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 04:07 PM PDT

    Intersection on a main bus.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 11:33 AM PDT

    Made the logo out of pearls in class

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    This is the first time I played this game, and I just started making a spidertron from my inventory. It will take three whole hours...

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    It turns out I had a hole in my defenses for around 20-30 hours that went completely unnoticed until I started building closer to the aliens...

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    Traffic light merger! Gives higher throughput! Updated to be way more UPS friendly

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    TIL build hitboxes are the same as character movement ones. Makes sense I guess.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 05:52 PM PDT

    Are there any good, semi-recent playthroughs of Factorio that launch a rocket without a main bus system?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    I really would like to learn the basic ideas and foundations that go into making compact, organic/spaghetti bases--to learn how to build like this. However, basically every major YouTube channel utilizes the main bus to launch a rocket. I'm quickly finding myself falling into the mindset and conventions of the main bus system, and I don't want to be "stuck" playing the game in this way. I've only ever been able to find two series that vaguely fit the bill. There's this series by Soelless, but it's heavily modded, and they started with pre-placed infrastructure. And there's this series by DanGio, but it's a deathworld which lends itself to much different priorities and overall base planning. Does anyone have any other relatively-recent playthroughs they could recommend that would match what I'm looking for? I want to be creative, but still efficient; I just need some inspiration.

    submitted by /u/epsdude
    [link] [comments]

    First ribbon world, streaming it, and yes i know ratios are off I don't care

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    Does Factorio run on MacOS Catalina?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 03:50 AM PDT

    I'm thinking about buying the game but ill be running it on a MacBook pro with Catalina, alternatively, at the end of the year ill probably be getting a proper gaming laptop, so should I hold off buying it until then?

    submitted by /u/DeerstopTheMighty
    [link] [comments]

    A very small and compact rocket silo designed to be used with a main bus

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    Any good survival based scenarios?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    I've had hours of fun in Factorio (3363 hours according to steam, but let's be honest, a few of them was idling in seablock). However a few of my friends are not hardcore factorio players that enjoy endless combinations and complexity.

    With them, I've had a lot of luck with some more survival based scenarios, like Wave Defense, Mountian Fortress and Crashsite, Crashsite for sure, they loved that and so did I.

    What else is out there? Any scenarios or combination of survival mods (not just make biter harder) you can recommend? So I can trick my friends to play a bit more factorio with me?

    submitted by /u/nielsrobin
    [link] [comments]

    Is this design good for smelting Iron? Or should I go with a different one?

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    How do I disable this annoying debug tooltip?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    Couldn't figure out how to do Circuit Networks, so I used a Burner Inserter that's on a nuclear battery instead. I named it Bernie.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 02:15 PM PDT

    Placing a lot of concrete. Bots place it in mesmerizing pattern. Kinda neat.

    Posted: 14 Sep 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment