• Breaking News

    Wednesday, September 16, 2020

    Factorio Anyone interested in this seed?

    Factorio Anyone interested in this seed?


    Anyone interested in this seed?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    Finally finished this base. I'm proud of this one.

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    Just figured this out. I can use the circuit network to only switch on my backup steam generators when my Solar fields can't handle it. Switches on the belt when the Accumulator is below 5% charge. So Cool!

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    Where is my iron?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    A mate and I worked towards this, first Factory we started Factorio with all the way to the end.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 03:43 AM PDT

    Messing with cars and assembling machines leads me to this green circuit design

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Do you want to help me?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 03:08 AM PDT

    All of you probably discovered some wholesome posts on reddit. I feel like this community is especially helpful and friendly when it comes to questions and blueprints. My Question however might be a bit different. I suffer from mental issues. I have a hard time recently. Factorio helped me in a lot of ways. Figuring stuff out, learning and realizing that I am in fact capable of concentrating and achieving things.

    The first thing I want to say is thank you. Its a great game. Its a great sub. Its nice to look at all those nice and helpful posts.

    The problem is that it gets a bit lonely on this planet. I'd really like to get in touch with people to start playing together. The thing is that I have Autism. Not like you would imagine but I find it really difficult to get in touch with others and find people whom wich I get along with.

    I always imagine how cool it would be to have a server on wich I know the people and can join anytime for a session. It also might be cool if they all knew about my difficulties and don't overthink my reactions sometimes.

    The problems I face with autism is, that i sometimes need OCD-like organization. I have a hard time finding people that understand how i work. (I do myself actually) But I'm willing to learn.

    There have to be some nice people out there. Maybe someone has a sister or a brother with autism and knows how its like. Anyway. I know its a unusual way to find some friends to play with but I'm not willing to suffer from loneliness while I am playing. I really want to get in touch and start a huge factory together but anxiety is a… well.

    So if you want to help someone out who is a good dude but a bit off, or different sometimes then reach out to me. I know there are some nice people out there. I just need to find them to get out of this loneliness.

    Thank you all and please feel free to contact me.

    (Im fluent in English but I'm german FYI)

    (Also: I never joined any clans or something like that but how cool would that be?)

    submitted by /u/Truft
    [link] [comments]

    My very first reddit post: an entirely useless but very pretty-looking 8-belt splitter!

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 05:04 PM PDT

    Sorry guys, those microbes on Venus were actually just me.

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 09:59 AM PDT

    I don't know good peeps.. I keep getting these maps just by opening the editor now.. ( 2139961705 ) & ( 3884570997 ) respectively.. have fun!

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    The factory DID grow.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    A couple of weeks ago I postet my first mainbus base:

    Old post

    After "some" "dozen" hours more my first megabase is now up and running
    and i'm quite fond of it. No mods were used and no map settings were changed.
    Only yellow belts were used. That kinda just happend.
    I'm old and red and blue belts are too antsy.

    Here some impressions.

    submitted by /u/FabrikFabrikFabrik
    [link] [comments]

    Logistic Robot Speed Research Calculations

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 02:31 AM PDT

    Logistic Robot Speed Research Calculations

    I'm not much of a bot guy but I decided to do some quick calculations.

    https://preview.redd.it/ncploj5yxhn51.png?width=360&format=png&auto=webp&s=4154fce85bc3c5861c503425c4f0f90f3d3a7c3f

    Simple Enough. Increase in worker speed linearly increases speed. But max distance before it tries to charge has diminishing returns. Note max distance above is until when bots start seeking a roboport to charge. There's still 20% energy left of full speed where the direction the bot travels to charge may or may not be in the same direction as its destination.

    https://preview.redd.it/6sd3bnbyxhn51.png?width=612&format=png&auto=webp&s=78930819feecaff89c6589b411cf43febed008d8

    Note: Performance, Item/s, takes charge time into account. Statistics are used with cargo size 4.

    Now for a travel distance of one chunk (32 tiles). As research level goes up, there's diminishing returns in the energy consumption savings to travel the 1 chunk distance. This also translates to minimal returns in max bot support for two roboports (one on each side of 32 tile distance). However, there's good linear performance returns as research goes up for one bot. The throughput from maxed out bot count goes up also.

    https://preview.redd.it/96rgbdnyxhn51.png?width=912&format=png&auto=webp&s=5cc1eb91f8020f50e81e769a90181d044a81760f

    Now comparing bot performance as travel distance increases for one roboport on each side. There's approx a 4 fold decrease in throughput capacity from 1 chunk to 2 chunks. Not only is travel distance doubled, but the energy consumed is greater which results in larger charge times lowering throughput along with halving max bot support. Similar results also for 2 to 5 chunks.

    Conclusion

    Data was using a simple A to B small network scenario so it doesn't translate directly to real world case scenarios. For example, in a real case 1 chunk scenario, there's a roughly 5% perf loss compared to theoretical as not always the closest bot is chosen with penalty growing as distance and network complexity increases. Also, slightly over the max bot count is beneficial for performance as the numbers above doesn't account for time bot spends entering and leaving roboport. But a few takeaways that most people already know is bot count is limited by robo count, research doesn't help max distance much, and throughput drops quickly with larger distances. If you're seeing a lot of bots charging, it means you're robo count is low and/or your network is too large.

    submitted by /u/Blandbl
    [link] [comments]

    So we are tossing around Kovarex enrichment process setups aren't we? Okay, okay, hold my uranium!

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 03:11 AM PDT

    Are Dragons teeth still a viable defense in 1.0?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    I normally play biter-free, or with railworld settings so I do not need to worry about biter expansion. For a change I thought I would try a deathworld game, and I have been thinking about my defenses.

    A few years ago dragons teeth were all the rage as they seriously slowed down the biters and messed with the pathing, so they took longer to make it to the walls they wanted to attack. With the new pathing in recent updates, do dragons teeth still have any effect? or do the biters just swarm through them?

    I have been trying defenses with 3 rows of teeth in front, but it doesn't seem to affect the biters much, but I am not sure if this is because I am not used to fighting biters, or if dragons teeth are no longer as effective as they used to be.

    submitted by /u/frugal10191
    [link] [comments]

    A small bunch of questions for some of the veterans here

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 05:43 AM PDT

    I've been playing quite a while by now, got a few games where I've gotten off rockets (both single and multi player), both in completely biter-empty worlds as well as deathworlds. There's still a few questions though, that I haven't had answered just from playing or reading tutorials or watching youtube videos.

    1. I use trains quite a bit, but I always stick to single-item train stations. Each station inputs or outputs only one ressource. Do people often build multi-item train stations? Has anyone got good setups for multi-item stations that works? My owns tests on multi-item stations tended to end up being spaghetti city.
    2. What's the best ressource for getting into circuits? I've barely scratched using circuits, and even the lengthy youtube tutorials didn't really get me anywhere. Saw a 1½ hour tutorial that never got to the point where you got an actual, practical application for the signal system. It was all theoretical. Usually, to get interested in something, it's good if I have a small yet simple application for a feature, that works. Then it's easier to get interested and expand from there. I just never found any ressources that really gave a good and simple early use for circuits.
    3. What is the experience of people when it comes to having a main bus? My main question is: Do you have better experiences having all of the ressources added in at the start of the bus (like I did the first time), or have a bus that has continual feeds of ressources along its length? After my first bus, I started a second design where I feed in additional ressources along the length of the bus, instead of trying to fill in all ressources needed along the entire length from the start. It prevents the bus from reaching crazy sizes to accommodate that amount of ressources early on. What's peoples experience? All ressources to begin with? Or feed along the way?

    I know that the game can be played in a multitude of ways, but I enjoy seeing and reading what other people have done, at least for inspiration. Hope to hear some good answers!

    submitted by /u/Claygolem79
    [link] [comments]

    Y'all ever use squiggly lines or nah?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    With all these Kovarex enrichment posts going around, I thought I'd share my Kovarex anti-enrichment setup; in case you change your mind.

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    Factario: Satisfaction Incarnate

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 11:44 PM PDT

    I have been playing strategy games since my copy of AOE in my cereal many moons ago. Fast forward to the adoption of 50kbps torrents ane I was no longer restrained by my pocket money or the ps2, the pc started a fire that I would chase and lose hours on for the next few decades. Then out of seemingly nowhere an influx of early access survival strat games flooded the net. Some amazing, still being supported to this day. Others faded away with each update log stating more members leaving the project until finally they couldn't continue themselves.

    Where am I going with this?

    Well, I love mods. I love structural and community yet SP driven gameplay that after too many days pass you have an experience that could fill a few books. But having games that we don't necessarily learn from can be fun, don't hit the g(aming) spot that I like.

    Hitman Blood Money was they first game I spent time learning and exploiting mechanics for a perfect score. Rimworld continued the itch but really is too unstable because you can't play without 300 mods. Oxygen not included continued the frustrating fact that gameplay isn't always there to be exploited, but learnt, then exploited with precision and care.

    And in the background, Steam always recommended this mess of a screenshot, Factorio. I wishlisted it and left it alone until many years later...

    What a gem it turned out to be.

    submitted by /u/Mvlmvl
    [link] [comments]

    MP can become pretty messy pretty quickly, so I search for a mod which can help with the base planning (where which stuff will be produced) do you know something which can help me?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    I want to start a run with Bobs and Angels mods, will i have to rebuild my factory alot?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 04:01 AM PDT

    I'm not a fan of dismantling my entire factory often, I heard somewhere that angels mods require you to uproot alot of your old stuff for new production machines. Is this true? thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/LuigiNulwich
    [link] [comments]

    One of the greatest games of all time

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    I was curious to see if any games had near perfect rating scores on Steam and was shocked when I saw Factorio is the second highest rated game of all time. Second only to Portal 2 (a perfect game in every way). I was surprised, I thought Factorio was just a niche type game that wasn't appealing to everyone. According to Steam, it is appealing to everyone. Congrats Wube!

    submitted by /u/ClockworkAlex81
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring raw ore through the train vs finished plates through the train, is there a reason to pick one over the other? If so what?

    Posted: 15 Sep 2020 10:10 PM PDT

    I'm too dumb to make complex designs, so this is my (simple) Kovarex enrichment process setup

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    Best PC parts for Megabases?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    Ive been playing factorio a lot lately but I keep having to stop when my base gets to a certain size.

    If I theoretically had no budget limitations, what would be the ultimate list of PC parts that would allow me to create giant Megabases in factorio?

    submitted by /u/ArnthBebastien
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment