• Breaking News

    Thursday, September 17, 2020

    Factorio Looks like we got a speed runner

    Factorio Looks like we got a speed runner


    Looks like we got a speed runner

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    To y'all with your over-complicated combinator nonsense designs /s

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 01:22 PM PDT

    Im new to factorio, and im proud to say I just automatizated red science! (very messy) (criticism appreciated)

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 07:45 PM PDT

    Just launched my second ever rocket and someone said that they like to see these kind of posts so here's my base. I actually don't want to just abandon the base and start a new one so what should i do next?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 08:52 PM PDT

    I'm a new player, I absolutely love this game, here's what my base's currently looking like!

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    You are awesome.

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 12:35 AM PDT

    Remember when I postet about suffering from loneliness in my factory (as well as in real life…)? Well not only did many people react to my Post, we also got together a gang and we are rocking the server.

    I said:

    There have to be some nice people out there.

    And I was right. There are awesome people in this community. I didn't dream such a divers and funny group of people.

    So if there is something I want to say it is: "Thank you." Not only for finding, replying and taking my post serious but for actually being a decent, kind and awesome community.

    If I didn't reply to your posts or requests, please let me know. The server i set up only takes 10 at a time but the factory must grow. So let me know if I overlooked you.

    You know what? Im gonna say it. You made my day. You really did.

    submitted by /u/Truft
    [link] [comments]

    That last achievement...

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    I heard you like peninsula, here's my current map

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    On the Origin of Biters: A theory

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 07:11 AM PDT

    It's my theory that the biters are some kind of biological weapon.

    They only seem to exist to expand, that's the only thing they do without stimuli from the player.

    Exaggerated predatory features. Even the small biters, the only ones that exist before evolution kicks in, have relatively thick chitinous plating and powerful evicerating jaws. What, I ask you, are they eating? What are they needing to defend themselves from?

    They are hardwired to attack military buildings. Even completely depowered, lacking ammo, and static, a biter will instinctively go for a turret before anything else, even if the player hasn't engaged a single biter even once in a playthrough and it has no reason to fear turrets over the actual pollution producing buildings.

    Inability to enter water. A big portion of the planet you reside on is covered in water, yet the biters are unable to enter it. Evolutionarily speaking it seems unlikely that a native creature would be able to live there without some kind of aquatic adaptation.

    Incredibly fast evolution, occurring without any kind of natural selection. Any Warhammer 40k nerd will be able to draw the parallels between Biters and tyranids, and tell you why evolution, or adaption to changing circumstances, is key for a military force. The way biter attacks occur, there shouldn't be any evolution happening. They send a group, the group gets mulched, the ones that were slightly stronger or faster can't pass those more successful genes on.

    Biters just don't operate like normal animals. The concept of "live to fight another day" doesn't apply, nor does the concept of "defend whatever lays the eggs," beyond a symbiotic relationship with those worm things. All they know is attack, expand. And when evolution starts getting higher, what do you see a more dramatic increase in? You would expect to see more defenses, as that would actually make survival sense. But no, the groundings they send to get pulverized time and time again are the most "improved on."

    They act more like either a virus, or some kind of bioweapon. Imagine some shadowy company inventing these things, the pitch meeting. Drop a single egg in the middle of a barren desert. They grow and expand and evolve as they start to get any whiff of pollution. Wait a few days... and poof! No more people on that planet, providing pesky "output" to drive competition so YOU need to lower your prices in interstellar trading.

    submitted by /u/Defragmented-Defect
    [link] [comments]

    "No Spoon" (rocket < 8h) with a tiny factory!

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    I thought I was clever designing a tile-able fluid system, but soon after realized there's no way to mirror outputs for the upward-facing refineries...

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 11:23 AM PDT

    New Speed run WR 1H 38M 58S

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    Uneven loading even using a balancer, where am I going wrong?

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Trying to make "Simple" circuits with these modpacks got me like

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 01:20 AM PDT

    So you wanna see simple Kovarex designs? (description in comments)

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    How to get started with a mall/hub design

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 07:59 AM PDT

    Hey,
    I'm currently doing a play through with Space Exploration as well as AAI Industries (as recommended on the Space Exploration mod page). I have a red/green science starter base but now want to build "the real base" and therefore also include a mall/hub into the design. I'm currently scratching my head though on how to design one.

    What I want is ideally not just one endless stretch of assemblers in some kind of order, but rather logical blocks with items that share similar resources. I admit the idea came to me when looking at Nilaus' Production Hub Blueprints from his Master Class series. Let me give you an example:

    In SE / AAI a Electric Mining Drill consists of three components: Iron gear wheel, electric motor and Burnder mining drill. These consist of other things, the gear wheel simply of iron, the electric motor is made from a regular motor and copper cable. The motor is made from ...

    My base resources in this are copper plates, iron plates and stone bricks. Base resources mean these are items that being produced in a furnace. Logically I would put the Electric Mining Drill assembler together with other items that only require these three ingredients (e.g. Gun Turrets), or to make it short things that don't require circuits, as such things would be another tier. Burner Labs on the other hand I would not build in this segment, as these again are an ingredient for normal labs, which I want to produce fairly quickly, but these require green circuits.

    My issue is how can I get an overview of the different products in order to be able to actually plan the different tiers or sections of the hub? Like one section with e.g. red and green but not blue circuits. One w/o circuits (maybe). One with blue circuits, one for military (maybe), etc. Mods like Factory Planner and FNEI help here, but I don't want to work through these w/o a concept. Should I view it based on the item I produce (like the Electric Mining Drill above) or should I view it from ingredient perspective (e.g. what can I build out of stone bricks? That would be 20+ things in my modpack).

    Thanks a ton!

    submitted by /u/Sono-Gomorrha
    [link] [comments]

    Finally completed my 4.8 GW nuclear power plant

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    Loops are Great

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 02:48 AM PDT

    This looks like literally nothing in comparison to some of the posts here, but as someone who's never had any clue how to make stuff look nice in this game, having pretty wiring/conveyors is a huge achievement for me!

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    Don't need combinator nonsense to have an overly-complicated Kovarex setup

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 01:48 AM PDT

    Heres my little contribution to the recent influx of Kovarex blueprints. Green wires deactivate the requester inserters after 50 units of U-235 are present in the provider so there is always enough to restart the cycle, enough to output to my nuclear cell assemblers and prevent overuse of U-238

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    so everyone is sharing their Kovarex prints so i wanted to share mine, is quite simple tbh, i modifed some youtube prints and came up with this, code in the coments and the img are explanatory

    Posted: 16 Sep 2020 09:34 PM PDT

    Did logistics robots ever get rebalanced after FFF #224 and #225?

    Posted: 17 Sep 2020 07:33 AM PDT

    https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-224

    https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-225

    It looks like there was a lot of discussion about nerfing them in some way, but it's hard for me to tell from the changelogs whether that ever happened. What was the end result by the time we got to 1.0? Did the UPS optimizations for belts have any impact on the viability of belts in megabases?

    submitted by /u/oconnor663
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment