• Breaking News

    Monday, April 27, 2020

    Factorio You can filter out "a minimum kit" of items that you always having in your inventory at the bottom, to better see what other items you have, beyond the minimal kit, at the top

    Factorio You can filter out "a minimum kit" of items that you always having in your inventory at the bottom, to better see what other items you have, beyond the minimal kit, at the top


    You can filter out "a minimum kit" of items that you always having in your inventory at the bottom, to better see what other items you have, beyond the minimal kit, at the top

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:16 AM PDT

    Finished drawing rocket.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 05:45 AM PDT

    Tank Bocci

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:40 AM PDT

    Factorio 0.18 Tool-Assisted Speedrun WR 1:21:20

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:13 AM PDT

    My first 1,000 SPM base, with the added challenge of using a Land-o-Lakes map with minimal landfill

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Opinion for newer players: everyone should attempt a lazy bastard run, and here’s how/why:

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Before I explain why I think the lazy bastard achievement is important for every factorio player to have, let me explain how to get it. 111 crafts is just enough to get your first assembly machine, as long as you don't do anything else. Once you get to this point, type /permissions in the console and uncheck the box that says crafting. This will make it impossible to fail the challenge, and I don't know how anyone could get this achievement without doing this first. Then, just play the game. So now for why I think it's so important: The first time I launched a rocket, I handcrafted absolutely everything. I even did afk sessions to let all my handcrafting finish. This is a terrible habit, and doing a lazy bastard run completely crushed this bad tendency of mine. The first hour of play was challenging of course, but by the time I had red and green science done, I had built a mini-mall and it started to feel like any other play through. It even ended up being just as long as any other play through! Now, I'd say that my lazy bastard factory is my most impressive factory by far, in both efficiency and organization. Doing a lazy bastard run gave me the necessary skills to stop being a massive noob, and I used my acquired knowledge from that run in order to get the achievement There Is No Spoon. Such a worthwhile experience, highly recommend.

    submitted by /u/Nightfireball
    [link] [comments]

    So I’m running my iron down and I spot some bricks on my belt..... now I gotta find that one damn miner that’s overlapping some stone. Is there an easy way to go about this or do I just have to suffer for a bit

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:41 PM PDT

    I'm using this organisation to have just-in-time production and automatically stop factory production when the production is no more required. What do you think of it ?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    Best Factorio City Block Sizes? Is 10x10 too large?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    TL;DR: What's the "Best" Factorio City Block size for a rail world?

    My previous City Block size wasn't defined by the grid. It wasn't even a square. As you'd expect this was workable, but led to some problems. It was my first rail world.

    I'd like my next city block size to be grid-aligned, and symmetric. Also, I felt my previous one was "just big enough" for my 1K SPM base, but I could have used a bit more space for many of my Quads.

    I searched for past posts on the subject, and there is a bit of discussion.

    My Question: Is there a consensus on this? Or even opinions, for that matter?

    I'm considering a 10x10 grid City Block. It's huge, true. But it should have enough space for what I want.

    Have YOU tried 10x10? Did you like it? Was it "too big"? Is there a size that YOU settled on that worked better?

    I'd also consider 8x8... but this is Factorio and real estate is cheap, so I figure why not go large?

    submitted by /u/ZavodZ
    [link] [comments]

    Automated military science design

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Infinite ores for 5Dim mod?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    Today I started a 5Dim run and I would like to know if there is a way to make all the ores infinite.

    I found an old post talking about changing the lua but I don't even know where that is.

    submitted by /u/Pythonz
    [link] [comments]

    Experimenting with electrical satisfaction

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 09:48 PM PDT

    I'm a huge fan of using sirens to alert me to potential problems in my factory, like when a cargo train is nearly empty without a replacement coming in or when my factory is ordering copper faster than it's being mined. I was curious whether the circuit network could also detect when my factory doesn't have enough power.

    You can measure a few things when it comes to solar, like the minimum overnight accumulator change or how long it takes to recharge after dawn. I was also curious whether you could measure satisfiability directly. This was simple in theory - Set up an isolated power system with a simple 1 tick counter for X and connect it to another 1 tick counter for Y powered by the "test" power system. Because low power combinators skip frames, in theory the "test" combinator would count less than the fully powered combinator - which it does.

    I rigged up a system that uses 7 combinators to sample 100 ticks, store the result and reset both counters. I tested it with a water barrel filler/unfiller and a single solar panel. It looks like this hovers around 10% satisfaction. However, I measured 22 counts in 100 ticks. Further testing revealed my detector consistently measures twice as many ticks as the satisfaction, with anything over 50% measuring at 100.

    I also checked the water barrel packing/unpacking process and discovered that it seems to run at the same speed between 50% and 100% satisfaction, so I'm still not sure what's going on here. It could be that:

    1. I discovered an interesting quirk with how electrical satisfaction works that can be abused to build half the power plants I normally do
    2. Combinators get special treatment because of how problematic it can be for them to skip even one frame
    3. My initial hypothesis is wrong regarding how combinators behave under a brownout and there's another way to detect one with the circuit network

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/charredutensil
    [link] [comments]

    I made alphabet blueprints for "writing" text on the map

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    No Spoon: How much science, how much smelting?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    I'm in the planning stages of a No-spoon run, and I'm trying to figure out the balance between building speed and research speed. My current plan/guestimate is to do 45 SPM (5/6/12/7/7 with Blue), and build the smelting to what the calculator says

    Is this a good science target? Too much? Not enough? And for the mining, should I try to hit the calculator's goals? Or build less, because it will be at 'full speed' for such a small amount of time? And what about the main bus, keep it max size, or smaller? How many labs?

    submitted by /u/AkronSnape
    [link] [comments]

    Engineer #260759 Reporting.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Aluminium Plates are a nightmare in bob's

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    Can anyone supply me with a setup for around 3-4 blue belts of aluminium plates a second. Currently i make 4.2k/m but no matter how much i upgrade the setup we always seem to need more for low density structures. Arghhh!

    submitted by /u/Adamsmob
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: Having recipes as a circuit network signals?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    I would want to have recipes as signals; this way e.g. we could enable parts of the factory depending on signal "cracking light oil to petroleum>0". Currently I do this two ways:

    • Use one of fluid signals e.g. "light oil" means "crack light oil to petroleum". Obviously this is confusing since "light oil" signal may come from tanks, wagons etc that count how much of this fluid you have.

    • Use a special signal. e.g. "L=5" means "crack light to petr". This is fine and what I do most of the time. However, you need to note these somewhere (i.e. out of game notebook) otherwise they become spagetti, even then if you have many of these signals, it's hard.

    Is it reasonable how recipes as signals as well?

    submitted by /u/unsolved-problems
    [link] [comments]

    I would like it if this signal wouldn't flicker, and I don't know why it does.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    [Request] High-resolution texture.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 02:36 AM PDT

    Can anybody make a high-resolution (512x512) texture of the green electronic circuits?

    It would be really appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Beeschamelsoose
    [link] [comments]

    Finally, got "On the right track" achievement: organization is key

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 06:19 AM PDT

    Noob question: How advances should I be to use blueprints?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm new to the at Factorio. I found it entertaining but after some time it become boring to build same things again and again. I found blueprints but as I understood i need some advanced research to build robots who can use these blueprints. Can I automate building without it? I.e. my main character build it himself? How long does it take to build this auto-robot from the beginning of the game? I only passed tutorial so far and it took me like 9 hours to get enough green research packs to finish it. So I'm looking for way to automate it.

    thanks

    submitted by /u/realcryptopenguin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment