• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 26, 2020

    Factorio Big blue biter boi made of oil clay by me

    Factorio Big blue biter boi made of oil clay by me


    Big blue biter boi made of oil clay by me

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 03:38 PM PDT

    Finally. After about 246 hours logged in-game. Spoonn’t.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    Illegal method of getting resources in Krastorio 2

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    I'm so excited to have created my first mod: Request from Blueprint

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    I couldn't find what I wanted, so I did it myself. I wanted to be able to request the stuff to build a blueprint without having to set the requests manually. I'm not a great coder, and I have no idea what I was doing, but between tutorials on the wiki and YouTube, I managed to figure it out. It has a modified requester chest and settings. I know it's not much, but it's honest work, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. It's available on the mod portal: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/RequestFromBlueprint

    submitted by /u/mandydax
    [link] [comments]

    Just fully automated the red and green research packs!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 01:58 PM PDT

    Oh god this game has consumed my life. Has this gone too far? I’m a lucid dreamer and I’ve had 4 this past week in which I was base designing.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    BLUECHIP v5 - Did I solve the Processing Unit puzzle? 45 PU/m, 36x35 tile with input balancing, splitting and mixing.

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    The hunger is real

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    So for the first time I have launched a rocket into orbit. Yeyyy (I, guess)!

    But I have to tell you something about my factory. Not only is it spagetti, I didnt use ratios or anything else. So I have allways build a big complex for everything produced. Now I have the silo, and the rockets are so damm hungry. First, I ran out of energy. Because you know, when all of your 500 assemblers 3s mainly idle and come go life, it takes energy. Like... A lot. A whole new reactor plant. Oh and I forgot the miners, who now all started to produce on 100% cause I actually needed the ores.

    But then came the empty belts. Where is my iron? Where is my copper? And why the fuck is my tanker ship even unloading 250k of oil when a minute later, it is all gone?

    I could not imagine how much stuff I needed to mass produce rockets. But it is a LOT of stuff.

    submitted by /u/DisabledToaster1
    [link] [comments]

    Do you ever build things because of procrastination? I built this but will never use it...

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    One of my friends just got the game and asked if this was the entire game

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 03:33 PM PDT

    Trains playing Leap Frog with First in-first out logic gates

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 09:36 PM PDT

    How to overcome intimidation?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I really enjoy this game so far. I've launched once and have around 70 hours put into the game on multiple saves... but I have only launched once because I get intimidated by the early game. The initial start up, the spacing out and planning of the main bus, the concern that I may have to do it all over again before I get robots if I mess it up somehow. I will either load up a save game (still in the early game) and look around before getting overwhelmed by what I could/should do OR I will start a new game, get a decent way into the early game and then get overwhelmed again.

    Normally, it is around getting my iron & copper production up, starting a main bus. Having red science packs and starting to create a mini-mall of belts, splitters, inserters, etc.

    Any tips and/or help on how to overcome this fear of the early game?

    submitted by /u/MrMacGyver1
    [link] [comments]

    Overcoming Factorio Anxiety

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 05:33 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm curious if any of you get anxiety when playing or trying to play Factorio, and what you do about it. I love the idea of the game, and actually launched a rocket back in 0.15, but I'm really struggling to get back into it. I always feel like the biters are going to get me if I'm not fast enough, or that my factory isn't good enough because it's not perfect, or that the amount of things I still have to do is just overwhelming. I love watching successful people on YouTube and seeing the cool factories posted here, and I really want to make my own.

    Do you have similar experiences? How do you deal with them?

    submitted by /u/Curdflappers
    [link] [comments]

    Me and my friends first time completing Factorio after a 62 hour playthrough :)

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    Calculate the optimal train configuration (python script)

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    After 700 hours i decided to finally get all the achievements!

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 10:21 AM PDT

    Must be that 3 eyed fish from Simpsons

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    Finally beat krastorio2 - slowest win ever (120hrs)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:28 AM PDT

    I really enjoyed krastorio2. I particularly prefer krastorio2 biters over vanilla as you do not spend all of your time fighting them.

    I won an award for beating finishing the game without using anti-matter reactors. I forgot to research them as I was too busy beefing up my artillery so that I could have a nice buffer between my base and the bad guys. Building rings of air purifiers around parts of your base also makes for a quiet game :-).

    submitted by /u/davejohncole
    [link] [comments]

    I'm an idiot smh

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    So I thought I updated to 0.18 when it came out... guess I didn't. Normally I restart when they do an update, should I for 0.18? It doesn't seem like they added anything game changing like new Tec.

    submitted by /u/bgreagori
    [link] [comments]

    On Train Length/Capacity vs Speed/Frequency: A Dissertation On Finding Compromise

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    On Train Length/Capacity vs Speed/Frequency: A Dissertation On Finding Compromise

    I see the debate often: is it better to use a massive train to haul everything at once, or smaller trains that move quicker, making multiple trips.

    Truly, both side have valid arguments. And perhaps it comes down entirely to preference.

    But... perhaps we can still find compromise. What if we could find the best of both - capacity and frequency?

    Enter the symbol that will be the harbinger of peace; the settlement of the debate: the Ouroboros.

    \"derp\"

    I can hear it now: "What does that have to do with..." But bear with me - this guy is just the inspiration. He gave birth to the amazing prototype: the OREBOROS MK I.

    The OREBOROS MK I

    The OREBOROS fulfills both goals by taking a total of 4 seconds to introduce the next set of wagons for loading/unloading.... which occurs simultaneously at distant points on the map.

    Loading as the opposite end unloads

    And there we have it. Both capacity and frequency.

    Ok, a lot of that was tongue in cheek, for those that couldn't tell. This prototype actually works simultaneously wonderfully, and terribly.

    Curves make doing this extremely difficult and cause the wagons to change alignment as it moves.

    Setting it up is also a pain, having to change the track, add wagons to see if they align, pick them up, change the track, add wagons... etc.

    Not being able to add stations on curves means some wagons end up not stopping at the stations.

    Throughput-wise, it's a bit limited in that when the wagons don't quite line up, or when a station can't be placed due to a curve, the wagons can end up unused or some of the inserters may not line up. But at the same time.... how cool is this idea???

    But overall, it works. And if it works, it ain't stupid.

    submitted by /u/RubeusEsclair
    [link] [comments]

    One full blue belt of red circuits. Blueprint included.

    Posted: 25 Apr 2020 07:43 PM PDT

    How do you deal with needing liquids at different parts of the factories?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    Playing on railworld, I have trains bringing in iron copper stone and coal. I've just started making red science and bots and I put them right next to my oil processing area as I'm not sure how else to easily get the liquids I need to the areas I need them.

    How do you guys handle getting fluids to where you need them on big bases where you can't easily put everything next to the oil processing areas? Do you put things in barrels and then use bots to move them? If so so do you deal with returning the barrels? Is using bots useful for this?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bw22npRws99DW2
    [link] [comments]

    wallowing in self-pity u/ManOfCream

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 05:59 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment