• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 5, 2020

    Factorio The most well executed bad idea I've ever had...

    Factorio The most well executed bad idea I've ever had...


    The most well executed bad idea I've ever had...

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 12:07 AM PST

    When you "accidentally" fill an iron chest with accumulators

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:10 AM PST

    It's Beautiful.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 08:27 AM PST

    Rate My first Spaghetti Attempt from 0 to Noodle!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 05:05 AM PST

    Space Exploration - getting going with Space Science

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 03:31 AM PST

    I have a Space Exploration factory going, and am on the way into space. Satellite launches are automated; transfer of the first 7 science packs (red ... white) into space with cargo rockets is automated, and I have researched almost anything that is researchable with only white packs, in space.

    I am still getting all resources from Nauvis.

    I have started looking into what would be needed to mine outside of Nauvis (and transport the stuff back to Nauvis Orbit); also I've started planning out what is needed to make the first space science packs (e.g., the "magenta" one which is a requirement for Beacons).

    It seems that both endeavours are *huge*. It seems almost impossible to get an efficient resource transport going at the moment (simply producing and launching a cargo rocket takes stupendous amounts of local resources compared to how many, say, iron plates would be transferred each time). And making space science also seems to involve dozens and dozens of steps.

    So far so good, it's a challenge. Without spoiling too much (hence I'm not watching the streamers who are playing Space Exploration right now) - can you give me a slight hint in which direction to go first? Establish resource mining outposts with automated rockets back to, say, Nauvi Orbit for my upcoming space factory? Or stick with Nauvi resources for the time being, and get rudimentary space science packs going?

    submitted by /u/ThePathIsAnIllusion
    [link] [comments]

    We all know that trees are real enemies but what if...

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 02:39 AM PST

    Coal Liquefaction: How can I ensure that my heavy oil is prioritized for the next batch before being sent up and out of the system?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 05:22 AM PST

    As I was setting this up I thought, "Why doesn't anyone else do it this way?". Then I realized my mistake...

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 11:55 AM PST

    Factorio loading screen in Cyperpunk 2077 Style

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 11:09 AM PST

    My friend finally got hooked to Factorio, here is an image he sent I thought some of you might enjoy :)

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 01:38 PM PST

    The same blueprint works differently in two different games

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 01:08 AM PST

    The same blueprint works differently in two different games

    Hello, I am wondering about this explosives setup of mine I created as a blueprint:

    https://preview.redd.it/lf0991vhktk41.png?width=1088&format=png&auto=webp&s=993cd2a1242c23af4eaee77cb766d14db73fce58

    In my first game, it works as I intended: Inserter Z puts grenades into chest X and (because the cluster grenades and cliff explosives assemblers are not satisfied) the grenades from chest X are taken alternatively by inserter A and inserter B so both assemblers receive the same number of grenades. Great, that's what I intended.

    However, when I used the same blueprint in another game, it works differently: All grenades from chest X are take only by inserter B. Inserter A only starts taking grenades when the bottom assembler (cluster grenades) does not need any more grenades.

    Isn't this a bug? I thought that when I use two inserters to take stuff from somewhere, I am guaranteed that they will operate alternatively.

    Both games have yellow inserter stack size of 3.

    submitted by /u/fuxoft
    [link] [comments]

    ISO a simple explanation of how to make a Power Status Indicator light using Accumulators and Circuit Network.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 05:48 AM PST

    I tried my hand at this last night and think I did it all correctly, but I would love a Circuit Network master to give me a simple explanation of it.

    Steps I did:

    • Create 10 Accumulators
    • Create 10 LED Lamps
    • Create 10 Constant Combinators
    • Hooked red-wire from each Accumulator to each Combinator and then to each LED Lamp
      • So each red-wire follows this path: Accumulator--Combinator--Lamp
    • Had Accumulators all output "P"
    • Had first (0%) lamp read for "P > 0"
      • had second (10%) lamp read for "P > 10"
      • etc etc
      • had second to last (80%) lamp for for "P > 80"
      • had last (99%) lamp read for "P > 99"
    • Put color outputs in the combinators to give color indicators (red for bottom 3rd, then yellow, then green for 70-100%)
    submitted by /u/maylortaylor
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with console commands

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 09:32 AM PST

    I'm trying to use commands to increase my reach distance in factories 18.9 and I can't install mods my brother owns the game and doesn't allow me to install mods

    submitted by /u/basharbobo1
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my fast inserter power usage pulsing?

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 03:49 PM PST

    Accelerating vanilla outpost construction

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 12:07 PM PST

    Accelerating vanilla outpost construction

    TLDR: It's a set of blueprints for streamlining the building process of mining outposts with onsite smelters. Watch the video for a demonstration.

    Build process of the example outpost. The construction train used in the video technically isn't part of this project, but it greatly increases the usability and is a vital part of how I plan to use this new creation.

    After arduously building about thirty of these outposts for my last playthrough, I had enough and decided to streamline the process. The aim was, to create a set of blueprints that allows quick and easy printing of an entire mine+smelter and to cut out as much of the manual belt work as possible while still remaining relatively resource efficient.

    Here is an example of how the finished result looks like:

    example outpost created with the new system

    Notice how the the belts run straight from the miners into the smelter, zero manual labour required. The produced iron plates then exit the smelter on the same side and are routed sideways to the train station. This routing is also not manual, but instead a new blueprint "technique" I came up with. I made this image to explain the concept:

    Each new print is offset one tile to the left. Notice how the previous prints are visible at the bottom of the two images on the right.

    The blueprint is placed at each smelter, starting from the last one and offset by one tile after each print. A part of the print is always blocked by the smelter, while the printed part creates a new belt and continous all previous belts.

    The resulting belts then take a turn into the train stations, also using a premade belt curve. For every 4 belts a new station is created, which enables easy balancing of the resources with the use of the common 4 belt balancer. The system is limited, by the space between drills and smelter, to 12 output belts, but can easily be expanded when more is required.

    The smelter itself is a compact 8 beacon design using 14 electric furnaces. It can be used in three different configurations to allow efficient usage in almost any stage of the game:

    • compressed yellow belt using one row of tier 1 speed modules
    • compressed red belt using tier 2 prod and tier 2 speed modules
    • compressed blue belt using tier 3 prod and tier 3 speed modules + removal of the last 4 beacons

    Three different configurations, three compressed belts.

    The entire system can be converted to yellow belts using an upgrade planner, none of the undergrounds exceed the 4 tile limit.

    Let me know what you think about this and if you have any ideas for further improvements.

    !blueprint https://factorioprints.com/view/-M1b8-2KaVjQyVbqhrId

    submitted by /u/Kano96
    [link] [comments]

    How to make backup power

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 12:23 AM PST

    Hi, I'm new to using circuit network so I don't really know how to do it but here is my question:
    How do I make it so only some power production gets activated if my main power is low/if accumulators charge is low?

    submitted by /u/Drokles21
    [link] [comments]

    Exact material counter. Eventually, output chest part will back calculate finished goods into their materials so when a player takes an item/s out of the box, only the exact amount of materials will be let onto the belt in order to produce the removed item/s

    Posted: 04 Mar 2020 11:28 AM PST

    Rail signal placement rules change?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2020 01:00 AM PST

    Was there a change to how the game shows allowed positions for rail signals? I'm not able to place signals on the ""wrong"" of the track (whatever the game arbitrarily decided is wrong) without shift-clicking. Signal type doesn't matter. See top right in this picture: https://imgur.com/wwxUuhD

    I guess I can just shift-click it even though it's a bit clunky, but I feel like the game hasn't functioned like this before, was it added recently? I can't find a mention and I swear it was normal still last week.

    (In this picture, I'm building a new rail branch, and I want to place signals going both ways on as I go, so I don't have to drive back later just to place a signal I already know is going to be there. Yes, strictly speaking this signal isn't needed but I sometimes place them anyway. When I complete the loop at the end it'd let me place the signal on the return route normally but... at that point I'd be at the other end of the branch.)

    I realize this is a relatively minor thing but it feels a bit jarring so I wanted to ask about it.

    submitted by /u/Hinanawi
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment