• Breaking News

    Friday, March 20, 2020

    Factorio Friday Facts #339 - Beacon HR + Redesign process

    Factorio Friday Facts #339 - Beacon HR + Redesign process


    Friday Facts #339 - Beacon HR + Redesign process

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:57 AM PDT

    Found the circle of life, gotta protect it now

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    [Space Exploration] My first Space ship, how is yours?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    When you accidentally connect (via solar farm) your mining outpost to rest of base x_x

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    Watching my newly installed Nuclear Power Plant pumping its capacity up is somewhat satisfying.

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 07:02 PM PDT

    After taking a few days to really think about the direction of the factory I came back to it in force. 500 chem science a minute atm.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:57 AM PDT

    How often are ore patches perfectly rectangular/how are they generated?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:56 AM PDT

    Here is my pre-mega base. In order to grow, I need a solid rail system, but I always mess that part up. What are some good patterns for rail networks. Number of cars, station configurations, etc?

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    Constructive criticism about the new logistics system UI

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 03:31 PM PDT

    I'm trying out the new personal logistics system, and I'm finding it more tedious to set requests than it was before. My thoughts:

    -In general the request numbers are information overload. There's just simply too many of them, they cover the item image and it's not obvious what each number represents. Color-coding may help here.

    -The double-headed sliders are nice, but can be cumbersome. If I want exactly a certain item (such as 50 of a stack), I have to drag the right-slider exactly to the 50 position or else I'll mess up the left slider. It should stop at the left slider. Possibly even implement it so that when the two sliders are set to the same value, dragging the left slider left should move both sliders, and moving the right slider right should move sliders.

    -Having to click the checkmark to close the Set Request dialog is irritating. I'm used to hitting escape or E to leave the dialog, and if I accidently do this, the request I took time setting up is lost. At the minimum confirmation dialog would be helpful. As far as I can tell there's no hotkey to hit the checkbox as well.

    I am a huge fan of the Character tab and the personal logistics toggle though! :)

    submitted by /u/skraaaaa
    [link] [comments]

    Tip: Always come prepared when crafting a nuclear reactor. Or you will be crafting the reactor for over 1 hour.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 06:14 AM PDT

    Cosy oil outpost.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:36 AM PDT

    7 Hours in, absolutely loving it!

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 01:33 PM PDT

    Day 79

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    Objective: Colonize the Island

    Mission Log: I have successfully eradicated dealt with most of the native inhabitants. However, they have proven to be a bit difficult to completely get rid of. Rockets, piercing ammunition, and turret crawl operations will not suffice anymore. Current observations suggest that a number of them have evolved a harder exterior to absorb more damage, and the acidic slime they spew now slow me down when hit. Newer technologies will have to be researched in order to completely decimate clear out the species.

    I've successfully put up a line of defense. A line that separates The Factory from "them". Reinforced walls guarded by both gun and flame thrower turrets. This has bought me a good amount time. I just hope its enough to get my hands on new tech.

    PS: Included is the data from the radars. No sign of uranium patches so far, so I'll have to make due with what's available. data

    THE FACTORY MUST GROW

    submitted by /u/googles59
    [link] [comments]

    850 Hrs on this game has taught me 4 yellow belts of iron and copper on a bus aint enough for the factory to grow, so 2 hours in, 3:30 am, on the go for 8 yellow belts and a migraine :D any tips are appreciated <3

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 08:38 PM PDT

    Ore Eraser mod

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:02 AM PDT

    Since the GUI update I cannot find Ore Eraser in my Blueprints. I have the 0.18 edition of the mod

    submitted by /u/Chaseydog
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any mods to remove ore patches?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    There's copper mixed with my iron, and there's a load of largely useless and ugly coal in the centre of my base. Is there any mods that allow me to remove such bits?

    submitted by /u/Rimtato
    [link] [comments]

    Space exploration mod

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 10:13 PM PDT

    Can this mod be added to a game that's already in progress? Would there be anything that would go wrong if I did that?

    submitted by /u/Tommorox2345
    [link] [comments]

    My ore processing may not be efficient, but it's satisfying to watch

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Coal Liquefaction System

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 03:07 PM PDT

    Could use some suggestions on advanced oil setup in a city-block train based factory

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    In my current play through I am building a factory with lots of trains with city blocks, which as you might imagine, is heavily inspired by Nilaus's recent train world series. (shout out to the great blueprints!)

    Right now I have automated purple science at around ~45 spm and would like to revisit my oil setup, currently it was just put in a single city block with all the mess, and I'm considering these two approaches to improve:

    1. Entirely modular setup - One city block to break down crude oil into light/heavy/petroleum(1 input, 3 output), and multiple follow up city blocks to convert them into final products like sulfur, plastic, lubricant, etc.
    2. Semi modular setup - I could use two blocks, both take crude oil as inputs and generate sulfur and plastic bar as the output respectively, and another two blocks to make lubricant & solid fuel.

    I feel like the semi modular setup could be a bit easier in the plastic & sulfur part, as I don't need to worry about ratio and stuff, just crack all light/heavy oil to petroleum and shall be good, but I haven't figure out what to do with light oil and petroleum in the lubricant oil block yet.

    For the entire modular setup it sort of gives me more control but also feels like a giant waste of space.

    I do plan to migrate this base later to a bigger one, I haven't do any megabase yet so I'm targeting small at about 100~200 SPM as the goal for now. I am playing vanilla now but i am also open to learn and have fun with LTN.

    Any suggestions/thoughts are welcomed!

    submitted by /u/lrtDam
    [link] [comments]

    Trains are deadly

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment