• Breaking News

    Friday, March 13, 2020

    Factorio Friday Facts #338 - The (real) Character GUI

    Factorio Friday Facts #338 - The (real) Character GUI


    Friday Facts #338 - The (real) Character GUI

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 06:40 AM PDT

    Multipoint to Multipoint Train Network Benchmark.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 04:46 PM PDT

    I got carried away

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 12:37 AM PDT

    COVID 19, Stock Market tanking, but I've got the first tier of ore Chunk Sorting figured out in Bob's/Angels, which is nice! (Commence Eye-Twitch on N/S belt gaps...)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    This is my first real factory. I have about 10 hours in and solidly addicted by now. I feel slightly stuck at this point. Any tips?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Haven't played in a while so decided to start back up after getting through satisfactory's recent update. Spiral map, no landfill other than for train depot's which has been challenging and fun figuring how to fit everything together.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    Purple science in Space Exploration/Krastorio is slightly insane. Am I doing something wrong?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 07:20 AM PDT

    Ladies and Gentlemen....Welcome to Brass City. (Bob's/Angels) Now i just have to export the stuff.

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    ⚙️ Factorio Rocket Rush ⚙️ (A Speed run Megabase series)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 04:10 PM PDT

    Finished my first world with Bob's Mods

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    Quick question

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    Quick question

    How do i make it so the iron plate output is equal in the belts to the left and the one on the right?

    My setup

    submitted by /u/NoofXD
    [link] [comments]

    Self-expanding mining array

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 09:36 AM PDT

    Self-expanding mining array

    Using only the recursive blueprints mod, I've created a mining array that expands indefinitely. It has a starting segment to the right, and it creates additional segments to the left. The starting segment has a mall to convert iron, copper, and coal into everything needed to build additional segments. It also has circuitry for controlling expansion, and boilers to burn off the wood from trees. It also uses coal liquefaction to get the plastic needed for roboports. Currently, it cannot work with enemies or water. It expands by one segment each night, and only if it has the necessary items. When it adds a new segment, it first places down a blueprint with all miners. After that, it places another blueprint with only solar panels. That way, solar panels are placed anywhere miners can't.

    entire build

    starting segment

    mall (the items go to storage chests to the left)

    logic controlling the expansion

    1: accumulator with stuff to drain the electricity

    2: solar panel to charge the accumulator in the day

    3: this gives a green signal for one update cycle after the accumulator runs out of energy

    4: this increases the x offset for the blueprints when that green signal is given

    5: this keeps track of the x offset

    6: this creates a delay between the mining blueprint and the solar blueprint

    7: this deploys the blueprints

    8: this checks the requirements for expanding

    9: this stops the one update green signal from 3 if the requirements are not met

    10: indicator for whether another segment is ready

    single expansion segment (filled with solar panels)

    segment with miners (you can see solar panels where miners couldn't be placed)

    I used this to jump start the expanding process. It hasn't reached any coal yet, so I still have to add it here.

    There are a couple ways I want to improve upon this. The first is better conveyors. using yellow belts for everything is quite limiting. The second is that I don't want to place solar panels unless they're needed. That way, it can build segments faster. I'm not sure if I'll finish all these changes, so I wanted to post this as a first version. I'll make another post if I feel like it's improved enough.

    submitted by /u/What42Pizza
    [link] [comments]

    Bug extinction techniques?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 09:21 AM PDT

    So, I started a new savegame because I thought the biters didn't pose enough of a challenge. I accidentally set the nests too large, and I am constantly being attacked by a barrage of biters. I tried defensive walls with turrets, but the biter armies are so big that eventually a lot of stuff gets destroyed. Do you have any defense or offense techniques? I'm relatively early-mid game (read as: I just made my first car and am trying to research flamethrowers), so I don't have access to artillery or OP weapons.

    submitted by /u/thedogofcoolness
    [link] [comments]

    Planning a mega base

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    I'm trying a mega base for the first time and I'm going to do rail grids that are 12x12 chunks, is this too big or not enough? All past times I've tried this I've gone too small and regretted it.

    I haven't yet even launched a rocket on my starter base because I have too many bottlenecks, so rather than worry about that I figured I'd move forward.

    What size trains should I use for this size, and any other suggestions?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/LIBERT4D
    [link] [comments]

    Forget about rockets - a Star Destroyer finally came to pick me up (from one big logistic network)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:16 PM PDT

    Trees are missing in Alien Biome Mod?

    Posted: 13 Mar 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    I don't get any trees when I generate map with this mod. How to get trees back? I have them enabled in MapGenerator->Terrain.

    submitted by /u/primzyyy
    [link] [comments]

    What's your story?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 11:15 PM PDT

    Amidst the crisis, I still play the game when I get the chance.

    In addition, community lockdown has been implemented where I'm from. Almost immediately, the thought of allotting more time to play factorio struck me. What have I become?

    What about you guys? what's your "playing-factorio-amidst-covid19" story?

    submitted by /u/googles59
    [link] [comments]

    Is peaceful mode considered cheating?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    I'm on my 15th base (and still learning with each restart) and I find myself that I like playing in peaceful mode because I get more satisfaction in optimising building and all that, and I don't want to deal with attacks from biters, but on the other hand, I feel like I'm cheating or something and that I should be able to handle everything.

    What do you think? Would you consider playing in peaceful mode as not actually valid?

    submitted by /u/ragingdeltoid
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment