• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 12, 2020

    Factorio I made a science place thing sort of knot style and it pleases me

    Factorio I made a science place thing sort of knot style and it pleases me


    I made a science place thing sort of knot style and it pleases me

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:18 PM PDT

    Some casual Factorio calculations. This is a production/utility science factory

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    Just figured out this sweet hack around having to use long arms!

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    Biter Synth(Half-Life 2)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    That feeling when your city is closed but you have factorio

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:49 AM PDT

    They're closing cities, shops are out of pasta, everyone's panicking, schools are closed.

    The perfect time for factorio.

    Grab your friends, tell them to go on discord and just chill out.

    submitted by /u/OriginalOrion_
    [link] [comments]

    I forgot about my larger base but my dreams came hunting me and said: "The Factory Must Grow!"

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:42 AM PDT

    Just finished my first playthrough (on peaceful) in 25 hours. This is a map of my base with some of the notable places.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:35 PM PDT

    My base at 15h on dangOreus random ore map.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:07 AM PDT

    My eyes started bleeding after i was "knot" lab. u/grilledcheeseadmin that's for you. I didin't done the math but you can expand this upwards.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    Apparently Biters Melt

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Should I buy Factorio?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:42 PM PDT

    As a Satisfactory player, the lack of a 3rd dimension and the enemies being able to destroy structures kinda spook me. I'm getting a bit of extra cash soon so I'm very strongly considering grabbing the game.

    submitted by /u/Vytalyum
    [link] [comments]

    Can we place Modules on things without having to open interface

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    Sometime I have to fill a lot of furnaces and miners after I place them (instead of copying) and having to open the UI takes extra time. Being able to just pick Modules from the UI the spam click like you're building on those machine to fill it would be nice.

    submitted by /u/generalecchi
    [link] [comments]

    Meditatorio (LTN Screensaver mod)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    I've made a mod that uses LTN and acts as a screensaver.

    When the mod is active, it chooses an active train and fixes camera on it. When the delievry is finished, mod chooses the next train.

    Here's a short video of it in action (warning: some motion sickness can happen if you are sensitive) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it5TYRX-glk&feature=youtu.be

    Mod portal page: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LTN_screensaver

    The mod remembers last N (configurable in per-player settings) deliveries and doesn't show trains that are going to be used to transport items from those deliveries, because otherwise you'll see a lot of copper and iron plates delivered. Transition time is also configurable.

    I don't think I will be actively developing this mod but feel free to suggest ideas. I plan to fix the mod (probably) not working in multiplayer, add a couple of small features, fix possible problems with merged deliveries.

    I wanted to make a gradual zoom out -> gradual zoom in on the next train, but 1) controller_cutscene, which is used for transition, doesn't allow changing zoom level during the transition (even with console commands) 2) Factorio doesn't have API to get current zoom level, which makes things even more difficult.

    Also I'm thinking about creating something similar for vanila rail system, but that's probably too difficult to make in a general way, because there are a lot of possible setups and it can be hard to find an interesting active train.

    submitted by /u/ruspartisan
    [link] [comments]

    I can't remember the last time I launched a rocket: 230h well spent growing a Bobs + Angels + SCT Factory

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 03:52 PM PDT

    Dynamic power demand and monitoring of electric network

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    My problem is quite simple :

    I need from 400 MW to 1.2 GW to run my base and i want to use nuclear for the main source of power.

    The problem is that i'm using the Realistic reactors mod and i need to match the production and the demand if I don't want my setup to blow up (reach 999 K and hello Chernobyl). The only difference with vanilla is that I can't 'waste' fuel with the mod so my problem is more a vanilla problem than a real moded one in my opinion.

    Because of the response time of the nuclear setup is not of the same magnitude as the demand (by several order of magnitude), it's quite complicated. Indeed, the power produced is linked (linearly) to the temperature of the core. Because it takes time to heat or cool the core, match the output with only accumulator is not possible (or I don't know how to do it).

    I need my setup to adapt the output to the demand (let's say I want my nuclear power to produce 90% of my electricity on average and the others 10% with coal to make for the difference and adapt to the quick variations).

    My question is : Is there a way to have a value of the power needed, or the satifaction in some way with the circuit network ?

    I know it is not possible to get this information directly with the circuit network (which I think by the way could make a cool addition to the game) but I don't know if there is some indirect way to have access to those values.

    My only solution would be to use steam tank as some kind of buffers to know if i'm losing steam or overproducing it by I would like to have a more 'realistic' approach to the problem (like a real electric grid is managed in fact)

    Ps : English is not my mother tongue so sorry I burned your eyes with grammar mistakes :)

    submitted by /u/Ant-13-
    [link] [comments]

    Stock outposts to be self sufficient, trouble loading what I want on trains

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:27 PM PDT

    Stock outposts to be self sufficient, trouble loading what I want on trains

    I have posted on here a while ago with a far more simple setup, but essentially the same problem.

    Time for an upgrade! Here is a run down of my latest idea.

    I have construction bots at each outpost, repairing and replacing items as they are damaged or destroyed. I have trains delivering multiple items to each outpost to help with this purpose. The idea is not having to go out there all the time.

    Then the train will fill up on the ore from the outpost and come back to base.

    Here is the train cargo wagon with the items to deliver.

    The cargo Wagon, with filters for what I want to send

    The train station is set to read train contents, is connected to the input of an arithmetic combinator. The output is connected to a constant combinator as well as a Filter Inserter.

    arithmetic combinator

    Constant combinator, with how may things I want loaded onto the wagon.

    Filter Inserter with set filters

    When the train arrives at the station, the constant combinator tells the inserter how many of the specified items I want inserted into the train cargo. It works really well.

    BUT!

    Each time the train enters the station, the inserter puts at least 1 of something in, and this builds over time ...

    Any ideas or suggestions?

    submitted by /u/MN-Glump
    [link] [comments]

    My first attempt at less-spaghetti productivity :) any suggestions?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    I made a big mistake

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 11:51 AM PDT

    Minor problem: running low on power. Solution: build more power generation

    Major problem: having my base jump from 42 SPM to 1K SPM, and not anticipating the power drain in advance. (The moment the Space Science starts to flow at 1K SPM, the entire 1K SPM factory goes from idle to active.)

    Colossal Problem: hitting 1K SPM is the moment I find a flaw in my uranium processing circuit and run out of U-235 for my kvoracks. I don't have any power to drive the refineries. And now I'm out of fuel for my nuclear power plants. My solar isn't close to making up the difference.

    Worse: since everything slows down, I now have trains running out of fuel!

    This is fun, right? I think this is fun. And very stressful.

    Tip: Run your uranium processing on its own solar power supply to avoid running out of fuel for your nuclear generating stations.

    submitted by /u/ZavodZ
    [link] [comments]

    Traffic lights break my tracks.

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 04:56 AM PDT

    I have a lot of two direction rails be only they fit on my maps and I can't use traffic lights because they invalidate going the other way. Suggestions?

    Right now I am thinking of making an asymmetric intersection that manually blocks the track until the train with priority passes and not before it begins passing.

    submitted by /u/jordanf234
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment