• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 29, 2019

    Factorio Thank you factorio for helping my daughter with her homework.

    Factorio Thank you factorio for helping my daughter with her homework.


    Thank you factorio for helping my daughter with her homework.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:30 PM PDT

    This afternoon my second grader was supposed to be reading a book for homework. In typical fashion she was trying to do anything but that so she came to ask me some unimportant question to waste time and she saw me playing factorio. She's seen me play it before but never showed any interest in it after I told her what it was about. But today was different, today she was doing anything she could to get out of reading and she decided she wanted to know all about factorio. So I started explaining to her what my bots were doing and why they were taking things to the assemblers and as I was excitedly about to show her my trains she turned around and walked out to go read. I had literally bored her into wanting to do her homework instead. Thanks factorio.

    submitted by /u/eggequator
    [link] [comments]

    Dear diary, after countless biter attacks and low ammo supplies, my defense weakened enough for the biters to breach through and destory my boilers, coals supply and damage my newly built red ammo factory. Attacks keep coming at every side, I got 24 mags left. This is it, I'll never leave this hell.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 06:10 AM PDT

    WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    THE HEART (1k spm)

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:14 PM PDT

    Aggressive Deforestation. Yee, and I can't stress this enough, Haw.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:57 PM PDT

    Aggressive Scanning

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:50 PM PDT

    Accidental Spaghetti Monster

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 04:19 PM PDT

    Oddly satisfying sulphur production pattern.

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 02:49 PM PDT

    I made 'The Quarry' - An Android Factory-building & management game without annoying wait timers so you can build conveyor spaghetti on your commute!

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:44 PM PDT

    Proud of getting to Green Science in Industrial Revolution

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:26 AM PDT

    UPS Wars 3 - Electronic Circuits

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 12:49 PM PDT

    UPS Wars 3 - Electronic Circuits

    Welcome to round 3 of UPS wars. This time, the challenge is Electronic circuits.

    Previous challenges:

    UPS Wars 1 - Copper plates

    UPS Wars 2 - Steel plates

    The concept is simple. Download the map, make a factory that builds and delivers 100k electronic circuits per minute, and do it using as little UPS as possible.

    Ore patches are 50x50 in size. If your mining operation does not fit on one patch, you can travel east to find more. Note that longer transport lines may hurt your UPS.

    https://preview.redd.it/dvc38mdh5cv31.png?width=525&format=png&auto=webp&s=cbc9e4a842cd8bdbbae26f529e7dc6a56b18f0aa

    Rules

    • Build a factory that produces (and delivers to infinity chests) 100k electronic circuits per minute.
    • All assembling machines must be built east of the desert line (X > -90).
    • All infinity chests must be built west of the desert line (X < -100).
    • You may use electric energy interface to produce power, and infinity chests to produce train fuel. No loaders or other cheat buildings.
    • You may use the map editor and helper mods to help build your factory. But UPS will be tested with all mods disabled.
    • No editing the map or technology levels. You have Mining productivity 44 and Worker robot speed 15 (one million science cost each).

    Scoring

    Your score will be the time it takes to run this command on my headless server:factorio --benchmark "savename.zip" --benchmark-ticks 100000

    Submission

    Before submitting, please run your factory for an hour of game time, and verify it produces 6 million electronic circuits per hour in the production graph. To do this fast use the command: /c game.speed = 100

    Submit your factory as a top-level comment with a link to your save. If you need a file host, I recommend you submit to the forum thread instead.

    In your comment, please describe anything makes your factory special. Does it only use belts, or bots, or trains? Is it compact, or power-efficient, or cheap to build? There are many things to optimize for, and I would like to highlight more categories than just "fastest overall".

    Winners

    In two weeks I will make another post presenting the most UPS efficient factories in each category.

    submitted by /u/DaveMcW
    [link] [comments]

    My Very First Nuclear Setup

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:16 PM PDT

    (Modded) Need help finding a mod....

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 04:23 AM PDT

    So I'm doing a setup that includes PyCoal touched by an Angel which combines Angel's, Bob's, and PyCoal mods together. However, I remember in an older version of Factorio that there was a mod that you could install that showed a light on any production machines you created the outputted red if it wasn't producing, yellow if it was producing but not at maximum efficiency (AKA it has some hang time) or green if it was accepting and outputting resources as fast as possible, which was incredibly useful for optimizing factories. Does anyone know what the name of this mod is, or know of a mod similar to it that would fulfill the same purpose?

    submitted by /u/LoLAlexstrasza
    [link] [comments]

    How to balance inputs for kovarex?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    As the title suggests, I've run into a problem with kovarex enrichment. I have a looped belt for the outputs, so if I don't add U-238 to the belt from other centrifuges, I'll run out of it, but if I add to much, I'll saturate the belt and won't be able to place the U-238 from the centrifuges doing kovarex enrichment. How do I do this? Do I need the circuit network?

    Also, how could I make sure the output of only 1 U-235 is removed from the system without taking the rest?

    Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/stuugie
    [link] [comments]

    Science Cross Core

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:57 AM PDT

    Looking for a mod.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:43 AM PDT

    I need a mod that lets me spawn in resources like ores and oil

    submitted by /u/TheSirGrailluet
    [link] [comments]

    My Krastorio circuit taking 6 inputs and producing 3 tier 1 circuits(top row), 3 tier 2 circuits(bottom row) and the blue circuit

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:34 PM PDT

    What are your thoughts on Automation Empire?

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 08:09 AM PDT

    "No belt challenge" pearls

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:02 AM PDT

    Suggestions for a server pc

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 01:45 AM PDT

    Hello all. I want to build a server pc for factorio for 24/7 run time.

    Does anyone know what the minimum is for the PC to run a factorio server ready for heavy mods like Bob's angels.

    I'm thinking about a i7 processor with at least 16 g ram.

    submitted by /u/Skifter_poro
    [link] [comments]

    Open Multiplayer Krastorio run this weekend

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 04:35 AM PDT

    I've got about 1000 hours of factorio under my belt, beat the game a few times and im fairly versed in the ratios, efficiencies and minor circuitry.

    Do you ever think big and not have the man power or perservearence to complete it. I wanted to see if anyone else would like to join me in a mulitplayer game this weekeend using the krastorio mod to make a train cell block type base.

    Ive never really worked with others on factorio (appart from the GF) so I'd like to give it a go if anyone is interested.

    would likely setup Friday 5pm GMT

    submitted by /u/RandomGuy_A
    [link] [comments]

    Problem Setting up Multiple Autosave Slots

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 09:55 PM PDT

    So I just did an irreversible overwrite of a save :( and know the solution to this problem is more autosave slots. I've followed the steps from https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comments/6kqncj/psa_you_can_have_more_than_3_autosaves/

    However it doesn't want to work for me, I've set the value of slots to 10 but when I load up a game it still maintains the default 3 slots, despite the value in the file still reading 10. I don't have much knowledge on altering game files so I suspect i'm doing something wrong :( any help appreciated!

    submitted by /u/DiltonWeany
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment