• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 30, 2019

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread


    Weekly Question Thread

    Posted: 28 Oct 2019 11:04 AM PDT

    Ask any questions you might have.

    Post your bug reports on the Official Forums


    Previous Threads


    Subreddit rules

    Discord server (and IRC)

    Find more in the sidebar ---->

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Without any previous knowledge on how to make a character display, my friend spent six hours behind my back and surprised me with this at 12:00 am on my birthday.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 10:09 PM PDT

    I'm disappointed

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:23 PM PDT

    [THE BIG TWENTY][World Record][Community Event][Charity] Will you handcraft 20.000.000 green circuits with me?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 11:20 AM PDT

    TL;DR
    Will you handcraft 20.000.000 Green Circuits with me?
    [ ] Yes
    [ ] No
    [x] You are insane.

    Who are you anyway?
    Known as SeeNo.
    Host of a dedicated Factorio Youtube-Channel and regular Factorio Streamer on Twitch.
    Content is mostly German but you might have seen one or two of my 'international' videos regardless.
    Anyway, I am not here to advertise that stuff so let's move on.

    What is 'The Big Twenty'?
    A Factorio Community Multiplayer Event where we try to:
    1) Handcraft 20.000.000 Green Circuits
    2) Raise 20.000€ for a good cause
    3) Run Live-Streams on Twitch for Entertaiment for the whole duration of the event

    Wait... are you even serious? 20.000.000 Circuits?! You have any idea how long that would take?!!
    Yes. Yes I do.
    25.000.000 Seconds or 416.666 Minutes 6.944 hours or 289 Days.
    Depending on how many of you are willing to join in on this adventure we could do it in less than 48 Hours.

    Dude you know that this is a huge waste of time right?
    Indeed.
    That's the whole point of this event.
    I want you to waste your time.
    I want to raise awareness.
    Awareness for how lucky we are to have the luxury to waste our time like that.
    That's our transition to the next question.

    You talked about collecting 20.000€ for charity. So who will get the money?
    The goal for this event is to collect money for germany's first children's hospice which is called 'Sternenbrücke' which roughly translates to 'Starbridge' (you can take a look if you are curious).
    It's a place where terminal ill children and young adults can spend their last weeks and days on earth with their families - surrounded by professionally trained staff to help deal with the dire situation.
    You see ...... they can't waste their time because they have so little left of it.
    But we can waste our time.
    To do something good for them.
    To give back.

    Ok, ok I got it. But don't you think 20.000€ is a little bit ... let's say ... ambitious?
    Probably yes. Maybe not. There's really no way to tell beforehand. I just have to try and give my best. Last year me and two other german streamers did a 24h factorio stream on twitch and gathered about 2.500€. I'd be more than happy if we can top that. But I want to aim high and hope for the best. Afterall the factorio community is great and they deserve it.

    Fair Point. So what exactly do you have planned?
    1) Once the event starts every factorio player can join the multiplayer server(*).
    2) Every player get's his/her own "handcrafting box".
    2.1) Each box produces unlimited amounts of iron & copper plates.
    2.2) Each player can order his character to handcraft circuits.
    2.3) The player can put his circuits into his personal chest. Bots will bring them to a train(**). The train brings them into the warehouse.
    2.4) Each box has it's own set of lamps that count how many circuits each player has produced.
    2.5) There is room for 300 people

    3) The Warehouse will check how many circuits are stored.
    3.1) Once we hit 20.000.000 the event ist over.

    4) Me and other streamers(***) will take turns livestreaming to entertain the viewers and acknowledge each donation.
    4.1) The Streamer can pick what game he wants to play while he is online.
    4.2) Yes, that means for the sake of variaty non-factorio content will be streamed (a shame, I know)

    When will the event start?
    I want to use a 'quote' often found in the Factory Friday Facts:
    When everything is done and ready
    (But jokes aside, I work my ass off to make this work. I hope I can finish everything in time so we can start the event at the 23/24 November but if unforseen problems accour I might have to delay it)
    Okay. I appreciate your effort. How can I help?
    Well there are quite a few things you could help me with.
    I try to list them all.

    General
    1) [The Big Twenty] posts may pop up in this subreddit. Chances are high I'll ask for solutions to specific problems.
    2) Upvote and comment on this Thread. Visibility is king on reddit.
    3) Talk about this event with other factorio players.
    4) Handcraft your share of the 20.000.000 once the event has started.
    5) Contribute to the livestreams once they are online.

    Specific
    [*] Server I have no experience with servers what-so-ever. Any help is apprechiated. The more people can join the server the faster we will achieve our goals. Is it even possible to have 150-300 people on the same server after the KoS massive multiplayer test? Does anyone have a high end server we could use for this event?
    [**] Train turns out 2.500 Locomotives and 7.500 Wagons kill the FPS hardcore. Does anyone know a way to improve FPS when using such a tremendous amount of Loco/Wagons? I guess the FPS Drops come from the calculation when they burn their fuel ... is there a way to disable that process to make it perform better?
    [***] Streamer You are a streamer yourself or know somebody who would love to participate? Maybe even KoS, Nilaus or X-Terminator will find this post or somebody tag them? I'd love some support from seasoned players with a huge fanbase.
    [****] Modders & Developers If you are either one you could GREATLY help me deal with some problems I will definitly run into. Since this will be a huge event, maybe I can even make it into the FFF? If a developer or a somebody who has contact to them reads this ... just let me know. Every visibility and hlep is much - much apprechiated.

    The Post is long enough. STOP ALREADY!!!
    You are right. I'll be quite now.
    If you are still here - THANK you.
    Please feel free to ask your questions and share your thoughts in the comments.

    Sincerly,
    SeeNo

    submitted by /u/CrazyEngineerSeeNo
    [link] [comments]

    When you finally have to move your very first green chip assembly, goodbye trusty friend.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 02:32 PM PDT

    Place filter inserters in your blueprints to make it easier to remember how they need to be hooked up.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:46 PM PDT

    That moment when artillery range research finishes.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 04:38 PM PDT

    Base 2, "West Alpha", abandoned and powered down. Time at lights out: 280:50:00. The remains of what once was my bustling factory.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 05:45 PM PDT

    mod that makes stronger and more varied enemies?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 03:37 AM PDT

    i love building unessecarely complex defences, with perfectly planned out firing arcs, mix of turrets and spacing between defensive lines. problem is that it is total overkill in factorio. the aliens are well balanced early game, but later in the game when i get proper defences up and running they are barely a nuisance. i love the rest of factorio, what are the best mods that makes the enemies evolve further and become more callenging late- and ultra late game?

    submitted by /u/dommjuan
    [link] [comments]

    900 Stone Bricks per minute and I am proud, cute how newbies think am I right?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 01:04 PM PDT

    Need help understanding a main bus.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 06:58 AM PDT

    I get the concept but how many rows of conveyors should I have for each material and other things like that, am fairly new and not building a main bus properly is the main downfall of my saves. I previously did 4 rows for copper and 4 for iron then 1 for other things like circuits and plastics and stone bricks and whatnot. Any videos that explain it or straight up advice is appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/Truffle987
    [link] [comments]

    Smallest functional kovarex I've ever built, no circuits. Uncloggable, except for one specific condition which cannot arise through normal play.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 06:07 PM PDT

    I'm new to the circuit network; how do I turn off a rail signal when a train is at a train stop?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 06:18 AM PDT

    I wired them up directly but I have no idea how to use the signal emitted by the train stop (I set it to A) in a condition on the rail signal. Pretty much, if there's a train there, I want the signal to turn red.

    submitted by /u/MarLap2000
    [link] [comments]

    Logistics Requests Getting Cleared

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 08:41 AM PDT

    I have been having a very bad problem with my inventory logistics requests getting cleared out. It used to only clear items, if I removed an item from the middle of the boxes, it would remove the items after it. But now, at random, it seems to be just removing my entire logistic request box. I have quite a few mods installed, I have no went thru trying to remove them individually to see what would be causing it, but has anyone else had this issue? Thanks

    submitted by /u/onezero1010101
    [link] [comments]

    Why are some Steam Engines full tilt while other aren't?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 06:02 PM PDT

    Early-game compact green science (2 per second)

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    Need some help with filling up my train Need 3k stone and 1k coal, but I keep getting 2k stone filling up the wrong car and not letting coal in

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:44 PM PDT

    Factorio quit connecting to multiplayer server

    Posted: 30 Oct 2019 03:51 AM PDT

    Hey guys. My friend recently bought me Factorio and it's been awesome. But recently, my game won't connect to our multiplayer server. I was actually in the middle of playing with one of my friends, when I lost connection. He stayed connected and is able to join normally still. I'm having trouble finding anything to try troubleshooting beyond check port forwarding. Does anyone have any suggestions for me to look into?

    EDIT: Something must have gotten corrupted in my local config files. Reinstalling the game didn't fix it, but deleting the Factorio folder found in C:/Users/username/AppData/Roaming/ on Windows 10 fixed it.

    submitted by /u/GibbonFit
    [link] [comments]

    Train skips station?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 07:51 PM PDT

    Sometimes I have a train that is bound for the unloading point, then a little bit before it gets there it will decide to go back to the mine. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/TheProfessorOfNames
    [link] [comments]

    Help with building new PC

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 03:19 PM PDT

    Ok, I've been building PC's since before HDD's were a thing, but have a bit of a sad confession. Since the Pentium 3 era, I haven't really put a lot of effort into picking out a CPU, usually going by price, reviews and newness. Which has worked out pretty well, since most gaming is mostly RAM and GPU dependent.

    But now I need to retire my current rig (5 years old), and I want something that runs a decent base with decent UPS.

    I know everyone says "fast single core" but honestly, I am not sure what that means. Is that simply the clock speed GHz?

    Hell, if someone wants to point me to a few CPU's in the 200-400$ range to get me started, I'd greatly appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/suoivax
    [link] [comments]

    Mod to survive trains?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2019 12:24 PM PDT

    Wonder why there is no mod to survive trains?

    Maybe I am the only one who get overrun by trains from now to then? Really frustrating if you have no biters or other harmful things and you get hit by Trains all the time...

    Maybe someone can create such a mod?

    submitted by /u/Stapelgreifarm
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment