• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 19, 2019

    Factorio It's about the time for a new logo!

    Factorio It's about the time for a new logo!


    It's about the time for a new logo!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:45 PM PDT

    This is supposed to happen right?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 08:54 AM PDT

    Tip : TIL you can toggle logistic network, electric network and pollution overlays in map view with ALT key

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 06:38 AM PDT

    I accidently pressed ALT when in map view and discovered it.

    Edit: as u/kukiric pointed out in the comments, the title is slightly misleading. ALT key toggles the overlays switched on at a time. If you have the electric network overlay switched on and press ALT, only the electric network overlay will be toggled from then on. (Until you manually toggle other overlays)

    submitted by /u/notaredditprofile
    [link] [comments]

    I have a dead lock

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 11:27 AM PDT

    Nuclear Inserter?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:32 PM PDT

    Using a ZenBook Pro Duo secondary screen

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 01:36 PM PDT

    I love my base

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 11:51 AM PDT

    Hour 171 from a wip megabase

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 04:25 AM PDT

    Hour 171 from a wip megabase

    Situation report from a construction site... It's been weeks since i started building this 2700 SPM monstrocity. I don't know if it will ever finish, but i think i'm roughly half way there. With red, green and blue science done. 18 blue belts of plastic is being made, but i can't even tell yet if it gets enough everything. When the chemical plants became operational, it was just sipping 4 wagons of petroleum loads in a matter of seconds. Still very dependant on old mainbus, now mostly a mall and rocket maker. Maybe if i ever get it done i might try to give closer screenshots of different places, but for now... I know there are people who've never built a megabase and are curious in the process, well here's one way it can pan out. As far as power goes, i'm making 2GW from solar panels and it's enough for daytime, and another 2GW from nuclear:

    There are no walls in the territory, artilleries reach much further than pollution. Also those are not roundabouts but 4-way intersections (for UPS). As for what's been most challenging so far, definitely refinery and plastic cells. Brain was melting and couple restarts for cooling down were needed.

    submitted by /u/Zaflis
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if you host a random server on factorio. Makes you realise how amazing this community can be.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 04:24 PM PDT

    Stay organized

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    Hi, im down to play!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 05:27 AM PDT

    I'm looking for someone who wants to play factorio with me:)

    Info about me:

    - 100+ hours of gameplay

    - Danish

    - Fluent English

    - 18 years old

    - time zone (GMT+2)

    I'm also down to play with mods or just vanilla, I really don't care tbh. I just wanna build a huge a** factory.

    If youre interested join this link on discord https://discord.gg/SS8byuD

    Password is "reddit"

    submitted by /u/jxis140
    [link] [comments]

    Production science pack 350-1500 K/min

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 01:26 PM PDT

    Industrial Revolution / Krastorio / LTN - Rocket launched after 96 hours.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 03:27 AM PDT

    Industrial Revolution / Krastorio / LTN - Rocket launched after 96 hours.

    https://imgur.com/a/uQ7uUD8

    I have been having a blast with Industrial Revolution and Krastorio. After 96 hours I finally launched the rocket with a satellite in it. Rail world settings with biters and cliffs turned off.

    The copper and bronze ages were really fun, I enjoyed the challenge of having to fuel the inserters as well as the machines. I am sure it would have got tedious if it had been for too long, but the duration of the ages seems just about right. Clockwork Punkbots are a great help in the early game.

    After the small spaghetti bootstrap base to get a small amount of red and green science, I moved to a larger bus based second base that got me up to blue science and bots.

    Second base - bus based

    I only bussed plates and ingots as there were so many intermediaries that it seemed more effort than it was worth to bus them all, instead I made them locally. This did lead to a small amount of spaghetti as once I had made a set of components for something I then realised that I could also use them to make something else. So my base was very messy.

    Assembler construction.

    Once this base was building enough construction materials, I moved north and set up the final grid base. The aim was to build an LTN rail grid where each block did a single specific thing. I learnt from B&A that you need to separate refining and smelting into lots of individual blocks, so that when you unlock a new step you just need to re-route trains and you don't need to rip up everything. I.e. when I unlocked powdering I only needed to reroute the trains from Refined->Smelting to Refined->Powered and then add a new train from Powdered -> Smelting.

    Rail Grid

    The grid itself was an offset "brick" style grid to remove 4 way intersections and only have t-junctions for all of the crossings. I hoped that this would alleviate some of the congestion in the rail network. The trains themselves are 1-2 trains. One of the mods increased the cargo wagon capacity to 80 slots, so a 1-2 train was plenty. Despite being a rail world there were plenty of deposits, so I did not need to train in raw materials from outside the base. The trains started using the solid fuel replacement from IR (I can't remember what is it called), then moved onto rocket fuel, and then quickly moved onto Nuclear Fuel for the acceleration boost.

    The one thing I haven't figured out is how to manage the LTN Depot properly.

    LTN Depot of Doom

    Initially the depot was just like any other block in the grid, however as trains kept trying to cross each others paths to get in and out onto the main line, I cut the North/South line on the entrance/exit side and forced all trains to come in from the bottom right and out to the top right. That got rid of a significant amount of congestion. The main problem is that all of the trains share small sections of track getting into and out of their bays, so only a single train can enter or leave at a time. Plus every now and again a train will try to use a refueling bay that is already occupied by another train, despite there being 30 empty bays. I swear I have signalled it correctly, but there is still some kind of contention (all of the extra lamps were for debugging purposes). I need to research how to make LTN depots work more efficiently as they seem to be the bottleneck of the whole system.

    Overall - I love Industrial Revolution, it is a really well put together pack that is beautiful to look at and feels really well integrated. None of it feels lashed together, it all feels like it should be this way.

    Things I need to remember for my next play through:

    • LTN Depots are more difficult than they appear.
    • Key resources need multiple providers. I kept running out of iron and steel in my sub-factories, not because I didn't have any available, but because I only had a single station providing it, so everyone was having to queue.
    submitted by /u/frugal10191
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought this game recently and this is my first Base after roughly 3/4 hours. What improvements do you guys suggest?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    I'm not producing inserters fast enough to keep up with red science and belts. Any good ideas?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:20 PM PDT

    Need help! Pollution is spreading faster than I can explore the world, I'm being attacked by biter nests I haven't even discovered yet.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:49 AM PDT

    Need help! Pollution is spreading faster than I can explore the world, I'm being attacked by biter nests I haven't even discovered yet.

    I am still researching automobilism so I can't really explore yet. My base is producing over 300 pollution a minute. This is a screenshot of my map:

    my map

    And this is my base:

    my base

    I am getting attacked constantly and now I have to repair the walls constantly because I don't have bots yet.

    submitted by /u/IHatePteranodons
    [link] [comments]

    THE BEST NUCLEAR FUEL CONTROLLER YOU WILL SEE IN THE NEXT HOUR

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 03:30 PM PDT

    !blueprint https://pastebin.com/Nc494Prn

    The goals are as follows:

    1: always insert fuel when the condition to do so is true. In my case, I chose a tank to have less than 5k steam.

    2: never have a cell inserted in the reactors if they are already consuming a cell.

    So first it starts out with a combinator that outputs T(imer) = 1 if we are low on steam. Then a second combinator receives this signal and outputs T = 1 if T > 0. This output goes into the timer combiner that will output the value of T if T is lesser than 12k. 12k being the time it takes for a fuel cell to burn. The timer also gives it's output to 2 more combiners: 1 outputs T = 1 if T > 2 and the receiver of this output is the combiner that outputs T = 1 if T > 0. The second combiner to receive the output of the timer is the one controlling the time window where inserters are activated. It does so by outputting W(indow) = 1 if T < 20. This output goes into a final combiner that outputs a checkmark OK if T from the very first combinator checking the steam levels and W are true. All you have to do is to make your inserters stack size 1 and activate when OK is greater than 0.

    inb4 TOO COMPLICATED

    I just gave you the blueprint, all you have to do is to connect 2 wires and combinators are dirty cheap.

    inb4 MUH URANIUM IS TOO ABUNDANT

    please_be_patient_I_have_autism.jpg I couldn't rest until I figured a way to control my fuel EXACTLY like I wanted. If you don't care to save uranium to the very last ore then don't. I'm not your dad to tell you how to play. The point is that I had a goal in mind when using fuel cells and this controller achieves it.

    submitted by /u/RobertCougar
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea why the highlighted heat exchanger is showing 500 C yet reports no fuel? It should be working at 500 C, correct? It has plenty of water (or else it would report no input fluid).

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 01:03 PM PDT

    My Sushi Base

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 11:49 AM PDT

    Do you need a lot more iron then copper?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 02:17 PM PDT

    I ran into the probable of not enough iron however still had lots of copper so is it common for recipes to need more iron then copper?

    submitted by /u/CharacterTruth
    [link] [comments]

    Rail throughput not enough to support base

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 12:31 PM PDT

    Train Rails. Did I get it right?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 09:28 AM PDT

    Train Rails. Did I get it right?

    Here is a picture of my rails. Trying to do a 3 T-intersection thing. I think it works, but I want to make sure I got it down before I try to do something like this with 9 train stops!

    https://i.redd.it/kcgh0wlayit31.jpg

    submitted by /u/twistedhypnosisvic
    [link] [comments]

    Long Smelters - Square. Practical. Good.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 01:45 PM PDT

    First rocket after a long pause, also first rocket science packs for me! Aaand Lazy bastard achievement gotten!

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 07:12 AM PDT

    My friend learning how to use artillery targeting remotes the hard way

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment