• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 20, 2019

    Factorio Oh god oh fuck

    Factorio Oh god oh fuck


    Oh god oh fuck

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 02:50 AM PDT

    Spiter personal time

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:58 AM PDT

    Wireless charging my science lab

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:33 AM PDT

    Update: Space Science has begun, and the last bit of my sanity has gone away

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 01:14 AM PDT

    I like water worlds. Much less surface needs to be defended, and I'm always looking for strategic choke points to efficiently grab big chunks of land from those pesky biters

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 06:03 AM PDT

    The Sapper- a flying, power sucking enemy based on cantheman870's idea

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:12 AM PDT

    Is there anything I can improve on this wall setup ?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 03:23 AM PDT

    The new enemy pathfinding is pretty brutal. On the plus side, I'm getting to see those beautiful destruction remnants. Lots of them. *sigh*

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 11:36 PM PDT

    Sometimes I just like to sit back and watch my bots do the science dance

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 04:57 AM PDT

    EVERYTHING IS FINE, I SWEAR

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 08:10 PM PDT

    How to enable biter attacks?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:51 AM PDT

    When creating my world, I decided to disable biter attacks so I could create my factory. I've reached a point where I want a bit more of a challenge to deal with as I play, and actually make some use out of those guns and turrets, but I'm not sure how to make the biters attack me besides shooting at them.

    Is there a way to fix this?

    submitted by /u/CritzD
    [link] [comments]

    How I've been dealing with Deathworld bases since the new pathing.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 10:41 PM PDT

    When are trains needed?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 01:05 AM PDT

    I have a pretty good base setup, and at this point, I'm using a single train line to move copper over to my main base, and that's it. Should I be using trains more?

    submitted by /u/redgames13
    [link] [comments]

    Disposing of excess wood using turbines

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 12:34 AM PDT

    This is probably old and extremely obvious news for everyone else but I've just realised for myself that using a turbine connected to a boiler is a very effective way to get rid of wood or other flammables you don't need.

    All turbines and steam engines on the same power grid will attempt to produce energy at the same proportion of their maximum output, so a turbine connected to a boiler will consume almost 6.5 times as much steam as an engine would (up to the maximum 1.8 MW).

    So let's say I've just cut down a forest to expand my first single-reactor, 40 MW power station into a brand new, 160 MW double reactor, but now I have all this wood to get rid of and my power draw is only 25% of maximum because I haven't yet grown my factory. If hooked up a single steam engine to this boiler it would burn wood at a pathetic 225 kW, or almost 9 seconds per wood. A turbine (either purpose-built or borrowed from my nuclear power plant) will make the boiler burn at 1.45 MW, burning that same wood in less than one and a half seconds. Sure you could achieve the same thing with 6 steam engines but that would take up a bunch of space whereas the turbine can be squeezed in almost anywhere you have some spare water in a pipe.

    Edit: on reflection this was poorly-written and the main point was lost but it's this: if you're using a boiler and a steam engine to dispose of wood, upgrading the steam engine to a turbine will significantly increase the speed at which the wood is burned, more than you might expect.

    submitted by /u/GotLag2
    [link] [comments]

    Block a section of track from the train network?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 08:41 AM PDT

    So, I have a giant loop for my train network. In the middle of that loop I have a train stop. Now every train wants to pass through this train stop instead of going around the normal train loop. Anyway to block the train stop section of track from the train network?

    submitted by /u/Denali1987
    [link] [comments]

    Gun VS Laser turret: Damage Cost and DPS comparison (against different enemies, and with different upgrade levels)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    Gun VS Laser turret: Damage Cost and DPS comparison (against different enemies, and with different upgrade levels)

    https://i.redd.it/ahvkwvn4jlt31.png

    This is the result with my way of evaluating resources.

    Damage cost — amount of damage that you get from 1 resource. One resource = 1 iron/copper/coal. 1 steel = 5 resources. Power is calculated through coal so that 4 MJ = 1 resource. I'm was not counting U238 as a resource, because it doesn't have any other uses where it required in great amount, but it still cost a lot of energy to produce, and also sulfuric acid to mine ore, so, in the end, I took it cost as a 2. For other processes I'm ignoring their costs.

    Conclusion: As it turns out Laser turrets are much more expensive to produce(150 vs 50 resources and far more complex); and comparing with fire cost of Gun turrets, they actually cost nothing to operate... but DPS of a single is much weaker, especially without upgrades — so don't replace all your defence as soon as you got them. Research all blue science upgrades first.

    So... What do you think?.. With how often people are mentioning blackouts, I was expecting that the Laser turrets would be the inefficient ones and since biters also have resistances I also was expecting that they should be better by DPS too. But in reality both my thoughts turns out to be wrong... And it's logical and fit the theme that new tech is more expensive, far more efficient, and also less "productive"(in terms of DPS)... but it still feels odd and confusing.

    Also, with further thinking, many things with Gun turrets suck. Looking at data, I would say that they are only viable before you got upgrades for Laser turret; and in the end, with Uranium ammo in case you need some extra DPS. This is because even though, for example, upgraded with all blue research Gun Turret with Piercing ammo deal 339 DPS to Big Biter, while upgraded Laser turret deal 120, but Gun turret have worse range and without bots you need a belt behind it. You can't double stack them, but you can double stack Laser turret wall thus almost doubling your DPS. It's far more expensive to setup but energy cost comparing to Piercing bullets is nothing, and if you are using regular ones it's only 155 DPS so double wall of Laser Turrets is actually better.

    And lastly, people often posting pictures of their defences where they use both Laser and Gun turrets and Gun turrets are placed next to the wall, before the Laser turrets. If this setup is used just to use two different cool looking weapon things — it's ok, but, in case of efficiency, it's probably better to place Gun turrets after one, or even two rows of Laser turrets — as means of single target damage.

    I think so because if you have Gun turrets in front they will work always, anyway, and with Uranium ammo they have 7.4x times more DPS then Laser turrets. This makes Laser turrets on the back useless, and with bots supplying you should just replace them for another row of Gun turrets. But if they are behind, they will only activate for biters that were unfortunate to reach close enough to wall, deleting them from existence with their huge DPS. So in this setup usage of both turrets is justified — Laser Turrets are in front, and are utilised to deal cheap damage; but in extreme cases, inefficient but powerful Gun turrets are activated to solve all bug problems.

    Additional info:

    1. Spreadsheet: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1llxwMpKJJXu_9ov38iWwX2naSx36KJ23/view?usp=sharing
    2. On Laser turrets, with different shooting speed research there is a very slight difference in shot cost, but it's very slight and inconsistent (No research — 0.8 MJ/shot; All blue upgrades — 0.77; All upgrades — 0.79). I'm ignoring them by taking every shot equal to 0.8 MJ.
    3. For Gun Turrets, bonus increase for turret is multiplicative with bonus increase for ammo, and since that increases are always equal: end damage = base damage * (1 + increased damage)^2. You can check this in game in turret info, damage will be shown with consideration for all bonuses, if you sum base damage and additional one you will get expected end value.
    submitted by /u/imTheSupremeOne
    [link] [comments]

    Circuit breaker mod (or circuit network solution)?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    is there a way to 'break' a circuits connection to two different areas, or do I have to deal with removing and replacing the wire?

    is there a combinator solution that I have not thought of?

    submitted by /u/Epb7304
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have a list of what Bob's mods to install?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 08:25 AM PDT

    Trying to start a bobs run... not sure which mods to install for it though. Do I need angel's too? Thanks

    submitted by /u/TheDragonCourier
    [link] [comments]

    Filter inserter in train station not working after update

    Posted: 20 Oct 2019 08:19 AM PDT

    After one of the latest update all of the inserter that load/unload my train stopped working.

    I'm using LTN and stack filter inserters wired to a cicuit network in order to load/unload only a certain amount of item. All of the station that I already placed are still working fine but for every new station I build the insterter doesn't activate. I'm using the same exact blueprint. Did anyone else experienced the same issue?

    submitted by /u/AleFiorucci
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment