• Breaking News

    Friday, October 18, 2019

    Factorio Friday Facts #317 - New pathfinding algorithm

    Factorio Friday Facts #317 - New pathfinding algorithm


    Friday Facts #317 - New pathfinding algorithm

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 04:03 AM PDT

    I know I suck at you, game, but why you have to remind me that?!?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:07 AM PDT

    Turned on the yellow boxes for bots on the minimap so I can watch my minions at work.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    Version 0.17.72

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 06:05 AM PDT

    Bugfixes

    • Fixed another biter-related crash. more

    Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

    submitted by /u/FactorioTeam
    [link] [comments]

    I have added smelting to my spiral mining design. It's quite satisfying to watch.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 11:23 PM PDT

    Finally ready for space science !

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 06:44 AM PDT

    Say what you want about the biters, at least they're courteous in their pathing. True gentlebugs.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 01:40 PM PDT

    Improved my easily tileable 1.1 GW power plant. The absolute unit in the pic makes 6.7 GW.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    Luna here is helping me with Circuit production by walking all over my keyboard and trying to bat the production graphs

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:51 PM PDT

    Upvote and downvote buttons on the factorio subreddit (also awards)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 07:54 AM PDT

    So why don't we make the upvote button uranium-235 and the downvote button uranium-238

    Also would be nice to make the awards

    silver - solid fuel

    gold - rocket fuel

    diamond - nuclear fuel

    Just a suggestion

    submitted by /u/IceBoo
    [link] [comments]

    Space and material efficient power generation setup for seablock

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 09:44 AM PDT

    Things have been hectic since the Biter Collision update

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 02:34 PM PDT

    Just want to say thank you guys

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 07:33 AM PDT

    Following Friday Facts is like watching a sci-fi movie. I really appreciate your effort to write really nice and insightful facts about the game and how do you optimize some problems you guys face. Sry for bad English.

    submitted by /u/uran1um-235
    [link] [comments]

    Fly my minions, fly!

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 12:46 PM PDT

    Visual Bug(Seablock Mod)

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:34 AM PDT

    Tetris effect for train logistics

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 10:49 PM PDT

    I was taking a shuttle bus from a parking lot to a fair and realized that it's a very similar situation to the train loading and routing. I've also started seeing a need for chain signals when in traffic. Like, come on, don't go into the intersection unless you can also leave it.

    Who else is seeing this stuff creep into real life?

    submitted by /u/TexasDex
    [link] [comments]

    Splitter Priority Symbol

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 10:04 AM PDT

    So stupid question, but the symbols on these balancers are input or output??

    https://imgur.com/r/factorio/oaTnf

    submitted by /u/twistedhypnosisvic
    [link] [comments]

    Programmatically generating blueprints?

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 11:52 AM PDT

    I want to write a program that can write blueprints for me, so that I can trivially scale my blueprints up. I couldn't find a straightforward documentation of blueprint string's structure (which seems to be a base64 str). But seeing that blueprint bot can parse this, it must be public. Does anyone have link? Or is my best best reading blueprint bot's source code?

    submitted by /u/BrokenWineGlass
    [link] [comments]

    When I started playing, I was afraid of biters, and even more afraid of learning to use trains. Setting up train-supplied wall defenses has now become one my favorite things in the game. I would love to see what defense systems other people have come up with!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 02:04 AM PDT

    I had a dream about Factorio today.

    Posted: 17 Oct 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    I dreamt that biters managed to research trains before me, and laid railway tracks right into the heart of my base. First a few explosive trains came, basically crippling my base. Afterwards biters came on other trains. I was done.

    Have you ever dreamt of Factorio?

    submitted by /u/tupungato
    [link] [comments]

    Coal disappearing from belts...

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:48 AM PDT

    Last couple days after starting up my game I run into no power. I check and my belts are completely empty of coal going to my boilers/steam engines.

    Has anyone else experiences this?

    submitted by /u/caizer68
    [link] [comments]

    Peaceful Players and Military Science

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:31 AM PDT

    I've played the game for multiple years, off and on with biters. I've learned that I enjoy the game a lot more with just micromanaging and growing my factory, without worrying about it being destroyed by the annoyance of biters early game. But with playing on peaceful military research, science, and weaponry becomes pointless (other than the modular armor). I also usually play with very large mod packs, so those items and researches tend to be in the way.

    Is there a mod or can someone make a mod that removes military science and its researches?

    submitted by /u/cole4114
    [link] [comments]

    Early game mall - just for fun

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 12:01 AM PDT

    I've never created any sort of "mall" before in Factorio really.

    I usually just find a blueprint online to use which has everything I need. With my new game though, started off with some basics and just got a bit carried away... It's a bit of a messy monster, but it works and I love it :-)

    https://imgur.com/a/KtZt4yg

    The save is modded, but there aren't any required to make this.

    submitted by /u/FixerOfKah73
    [link] [comments]

    Conditional train stops

    Posted: 18 Oct 2019 08:13 AM PDT

    Ive recent gotten back into Factorio and I noticed in the .17 patch notes that that added temporary train stops. Is this possibly a step along the way to conditional train stops? Since those are basically temporary stops that you don't have to add manually. If so that'd be pretty cool since that's the one thing that really feels missing from trains and they're (meaning trains) are my favorite part of the game.

    submitted by /u/Forredis_Guidal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment