• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 13, 2019

    Factorio I want to transition soon to a train base, so I spent a lot of time designing this square tile. Am I doing it right?

    Factorio I want to transition soon to a train base, so I spent a lot of time designing this square tile. Am I doing it right?


    I want to transition soon to a train base, so I spent a lot of time designing this square tile. Am I doing it right?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 12:03 AM PDT

    Is this Normal?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 01:04 AM PDT

    That sweet glow from the power plant.

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 10:32 PM PDT

    I miss mixed fluids

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 02:38 AM PDT

    Thank you LastMidas

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 08:13 PM PDT

    So I was in a bit of a predicament money-wise but wanted Factorio so I made this post asking if there were any ways I could possibly still get Factorio or if I should just give up.

    Then an account named LastMidas PMed me a Factorio key. No context. And the account had no post history.

    This leads me to believe that the account was created so that the person could remain anonymous when sending the gift. Which means that the guy probably won't be checking that account again. Which means he won't get to see my thanks.

    They're clearly keeping track of this sub so they'll probably see this post. This'll serve as my thanks to you, anonymous donor! :)

    submitted by /u/rpawesome
    [link] [comments]

    Noob question, I’m 80 hours in an cannot get production of heavy oil and lubricant - it just doesn’t flow

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 05:40 AM PDT

    BEHOLD, MY SPAGHETTI MACHINE

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 04:44 PM PDT

    Bug: just downloaded alpha 17, graphics are all messed up...the factory must grow, but I can't fix this!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:53 AM PDT

    Regarding circuit network comparing two large item counts / volumes

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 12:42 AM PDT

    Regarding circuit network comparing two large item counts / volumes

    I'm setting up my oil processing and I want the greatest volume oil to be consumed for solid fuel production. The problem arises when the circuit network reads 2 nearly identical high volumes of oil, for example 750k. Obviously both oils aren't exactly 750k, but the circuit network reads them as such and for a time, no oil is considered to be at the greatest volume and all my solid fuel production shuts down until some other process has consumed an appreciable amount of a particular oil such that there is a difference in volume of greater than 1k. I can only imagine this problem gets worse over 1 million. Is there a setting for the game to display all digits of a whole number? Not just display, but actually account for the true volume when calculating the comparison.

    Sorry if this is worded funny, it's kinda late. Thanks in advance.

    Here's the setup. Power switches control electricity to each bank of oil to solid fuel. The corresponding switch is flipped for each oil when it reaches the highest volume. Theoretically, one of the three bays should always be powered on, but it routinely happens that all 3 bays are powered off for 3, 4, 5 seconds or so.

    https://i.redd.it/at6ntwd5o9s31.png

    submitted by /u/CoolHwipp
    [link] [comments]

    Open letter to the factorio team

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 09:41 AM PDT

    /u/FactorioTeam

    In our gaming ecosystem, generally driven by market and audience analysis, influence, profit and money, what transpires from you, and what oozes from the game itself, is your love for it. Your attachment to your creation. The fact that you see it as a creation in the first place. Something nice to leave behind. To give us, so we can just enjoy it or iterate on it ourselves, and hell yeah, we already did a lot of that.

    I salute your attitude, I salute your generosity, I salute you.

    You represent what all the game developpement industry should be.

    o7

    submitted by /u/Rufflemao
    [link] [comments]

    FPS/UPS question.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 01:39 AM PDT

    FPS/UPS question.

    so i know FPS is frames per second, and UPS is updates per second, but as you see in the pic when i have 60,000 bots flying my fps drops and ups stays high. Now that its too late i know i should have done a much better design and limited my bot network, that being said, why is the fps and ups so far off and what exactly is happening now? i do have the map running on a headless server and ive been playing through LAN, but i only get the slowdown when i have a tonne of things going on, understandably so, when im running it all on one PC, both drop, and hard. in not nearly as dumb as i sound but if the UPS is still high, shouldn't everything in the factory still be running full speed, just not being displayed at full FPS? also, why is 60 max for me....thought i had all the settings maxed...

    https://i.redd.it/y1jta8hor9s31.jpg

    submitted by /u/Falgarth500
    [link] [comments]

    Screwed Up Opening a Save File

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 07:33 AM PDT

    So someone posted an awesome picture of their base a week or so ago and when I was at work I downloaded their posted save file on my phone to check it out later. Forgot about it until just now and put it on my computer and opened it. And then instantly got a bunch of super high level achievements completed for me.....

    It was my dumbass fault but I'm like really sad hahahahaha. I was loving moving up those achievements as I slowly got better at the game.

    submitted by /u/bill4365
    [link] [comments]

    Exit button doesn't work

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 01:33 PM PDT

    Yesterday I clicked exit game and the game closed but I continued to think about the factory for hours afterwards.

    submitted by /u/RelativePeak
    [link] [comments]

    I'm new please help.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 07:17 AM PDT

    Ribbon World Start

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 07:03 AM PDT

    I've been wanting to play a game using the Ribbon World setting, but I don't know where to start. How can I start a game so I don't run into problems later on with spacing, resources, etc.? What are the most effective methods to plan and expand a factory on this type of world? Thank you for any answers.

    submitted by /u/Unrasu
    [link] [comments]

    The case for Beacons and Modules

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 04:17 PM PDT

    After my latest build I thought I had a good testing bed for what difference beacons and modules actually make. Specifically: Productivity 3 modules in all assemblers (and furnaces) that take them, and mostly 12 beacons with Speed 3 modules where it remotely makes any kind of sense.

    Versus none of that at all.

    I started by building the red circuit part in a save with infinity mod activated (like I do with most designs these days), and after seeing that I hit about the same UPS with only that part (w/o any GC, plate, plastics and ore production) as with the entire base linked above, I quickly shifted my efforts to actually comparing moduled to non-moduled designs.

    Here is a comparison of just the RC parts of both versions. The non-moduled bit is about 5x as large in area, not counting the space the belts use (as those might be replaced by other means of transportation). Also please appreciate that both designs aim to minimize the use of splitters, which are a major offender towards UPS. Which, incidentally, works out to be in favor of the non-moduled variety, as they very much tend to utilize integer amounts of belts for any given intermediate product.

    This prompted me to compare the raw numbers Kirk McDonald's calculator put out, which I found to be exceptionally accurate in numerous instances by now. So let's compare what it puts out for a 2700spm build (disregarding military science). First off, the actual calcs I used:

    2700spm non-moduled

    2700spm moduled and 12-beaconed

    The raw numbers may already tell you a bit. But it gets really interesting when doing it mathematically! First off the assumptions I made:

    • Assemblers are rounded up to integers from the links I showed

    • Miners are assumed to have 0 modules and 0 beacons in both versions

    • Miners (and pumps) are excluded from the calculations, since those heavily depend on your particular mining prod research

    Assembler count:

    • No modules and beacons: 48.833

    • With modules and beacons: 2.815

    • Difference: 46.018 or 5.765%

    THAT is how important modules and beacons are. The total amount of assemblers, furnaces, rocket silos, refineries and chemical labs is about 6% of what you would need without them. 6%!! Extend that to miners and oil pumps, and you'll even get a bit less. (Put speed in those though!)

    "BUT" I hear you screaming! "Beacons and modules cost so much energy!"

    Well, yes they do. But not as much as the stuff you would need to build without them. From the calculator links I showed, there is a demand of 14.983GW for the non-moduled version, and a 9.334GW demand from that with all those evil modules and beacons. That makes a whopping 62.3% in favor of the beaconed version!

    So even if you are an atomic playboy, this is a good way to better your second reality.

    All of this does not take into account inserters and other kinds of infrastructure. But at least in terms of active entities, we can somewhat quantify this roughly. We can reasonably assume that any assembler requires about two inserters, for the simplest cases. But because we need more than one input-inserter per assembler in many instances to meet throughput demands with a beaconed design, we may as well assume them to scale linearly at the same rate as assemblers themselves. Which thus results in a roughly proportinal decrease in active entities for beaconed designs, presumably chopping the CPU demand down by yet another 50% or more.

    I am very aware of the up-front cost of making all those modules and beacons. I specifically look at mega-base builds that aim at infinite reasearch, where these costs rather quickly fade into the decimals though. Take this for what it is meant to be, please. (They also scale proportionally to the overall size of your base, yet still remain a one-time investment for all the eternity you spend in a save-game.)

    TL;DR: Do not dismiss beacons and modules. If you want to extend your base as far as your PC can handle, these are the most important tools for that. No CPU upgrade can come even remotely close, and in terms of $$$ those are even 100% free!

    submitted by /u/Medium9
    [link] [comments]

    What mods should I install?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 08:38 AM PDT

    What mods would you recommend for someone who just got back into the game after years of not playing? Ive already launched a rocket if that gives helps you with how much of the game I know.( I also want to create a megabase)

    submitted by /u/a1ethan
    [link] [comments]

    I heard you guys like spaghetti, I present to you, the main part of my first base

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 12:29 PM PDT

    Is it worth buying this game?

    Posted: 12 Oct 2019 05:30 PM PDT

    I downloaded the demo to try it out and I really enjoyed it but now I'm scared for my life if I buy the full game...

    submitted by /u/ThatOneMooshy
    [link] [comments]

    Today I learned that you can instant stop a train by switching between manual and auto mode also I saw how a train station look without the rails

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 07:26 AM PDT

    How do belt turns work

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:45 AM PDT

    I've played the game for a long time but I just don't know how the belt turns work. I know there is two lanes but when you turn a belt in a 90 degree turn one lane is longer than the other but through put still runs smoothly. How did that implement that. Any answers would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/biffbish
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment