• Breaking News

    Monday, October 14, 2019

    Factorio Me: Let's go for a chilled online session.... My Team :

    Factorio Me: Let's go for a chilled online session.... My Team :


    Me: Let's go for a chilled online session.... My Team :

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 03:40 AM PDT

    Cliff-fitting is fun!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 09:27 AM PDT

    Do you play with or without nightvision goggles?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 01:00 AM PDT

    In my first few runs through the game with friends and alone I always rushed to the point of getting nightvision early on. Now I have a new save and I am really enjoying not using nightvision. It feels very industrial having hundreds or thousands of lights that all turn on when it gets dark and makes the night a more intresting part of the game. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Berathram
    [link] [comments]

    I stumbled into 1.2 k Science per minute, may I call it a megabase now?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:26 PM PDT

    Self-Contained Factory - 24 Tier-3 Modules Per Minute - No Bots

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:59 PM PDT

    Just noticed the map of my base looks like a robot on a hike!

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:44 AM PDT

    Is this how a 4 way Junction should look?

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 10:01 PM PDT

    Ya'll said you wanted to see newbie bases. Here's my first base, which got destroyed 2 minutes later

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:09 AM PDT

    Thought these sorting splitters looked cool

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 09:35 PM PDT

    Thought these sorting splitters looked cool

    I'm in the process of building a giant saphirite processing plant in bobs+angels and thought I'd share my sorting stuff. The iron ore is a double lane because it produces slightly more than 1 belt of iron.

    Sorting splitters

    submitted by /u/distinctdan
    [link] [comments]

    My new Lazy Bastard base

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 04:26 AM PDT

    An excellent Factorio resource - KitchsVideos On Youtube

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 05:45 AM PDT

    Im SURE this guy must have been mentioned on here before, but i just wanted to give this guy some love.

    For newcomers wanting to advance to the next level regarding their factorio experience, i cannot recommend this channel enough:

    https://www.youtube.com/user/KitchsVideos

    I had played through a couple of times, just using the bare basics to get a rocket launched. However, i have recently been playing through, loosely following one of his series on his channel. (his Impractical series).

    I love the good wholesome nature of this guy and hes seriously knowledgable about Factorio.

    Bravo Kitch, bravo :)

    submitted by /u/grouchball
    [link] [comments]

    Early-mid game IR defensive perimeter

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 09:06 PM PDT

    Early-mid game IR defensive perimeter

    As the title implies, I wanted to show off a build I've been working on. Because of the logistic and technological restriction Industrial Revolution puts on your defenses, I had to think of something more effective than 'Put a bunch of turrets down until lasers'. KS's combat mod was also used.

    The first obvious difference from vanilla is the increased logistic difficulty in actually making things. The higher number of intermediates, along with the new resources made it difficult to field large numbers of turrets, slowing automation. And, since your factories are larger, you need more turrets to secure the space needed to make science, a simple mall, and military equipment.

    Old coal outpost turned turned into a biter magnet

    What I call "Build and forget" was effective until big biters showed up, somewhere around the time I established iron processing. On top of becoming absurdly difficult to kill with copper ammo, the big spitters now ranged my scattergun turrets.

    So, with total disaster looming only a handful of raids away, and the logistic requirements for continued expansion becoming increasingly expensive, I set my focus on making a great border wall, able to hold off swarms of biters, and taking very little damage in the process.

    Perimeter prototype around an iron outpost

    The first attempt I made to try and repel larger and more powerful raids efficiently. It featured two separate lines for scattergun and minigun ammo, with coal fed inserters to give independence of the electric network. This wall works wonders against biters, but is quickly destroyed once spitters are involved.

    The Southern Personnel Gate

    I considered some minigun based defenses, but realized that they didn't have the dps to take out the big biters effectively. Note that most of the corpses are spitters.

    Running out of time, I settled on the following design, a cell based wall that will hopefully last me until I establish a more robust factory.

    Northern Defense Wall

    'Biter' traps out front disrupt otherwise effective charges from the biters, and delay the spitters, increasing the combat effectiveness of my turrets, if only slightly.

    The turret line was designed with redundancy in mind. It lowers the overall density of turrets in exchange for extra toughness overall. It may not punch very hard but it can take heavy punishment.

    Miniguns up front to provide maximum range, especially against the dreaded spitters. They typical begin firing the moment the biters hurl themselves through the tank traps.

    The belts feeding the turrets are organized into connected cells. While not as efficient as a single belt, or very long loop, it offers something much more important to me, time. If a single cell is destroyed, the rest of the wall continues to operate, and damage to the rest of the wall is minimized. This realisticly turns into more time I can spend on automating a factory.

    The scatterguns are in the back mostly because they are particularly effective against biters, not spitters So, whenever a biter actually reaches the wall, its face is filled with subsonic steel bearings. While not optimal, it makes the wall much harder to punch through and destroy.

    The Ammo Belt and Turrets

    Some of my favorite snippets from this playthrough so far.

    The Bus

    \"Point Delta\" nestled between a cliff and a lake, it draws most of the biter attention from the west

    Spaghetti and Meatballs

    edit: expanded an acronym.

    submitted by /u/Vampsmilie
    [link] [comments]

    Smart supply station for designing blueprints. Logistic network has control over the number of robots members.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 11:26 PM PDT

    <OCD> Does it bug anyone else that the science pack order is switched?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:16 AM PDT

    <OCD> Does it bug anyone else that the science pack order is switched?

    https://i.redd.it/2gt35w86mis31.png

    The Military and Chemical science packs are listed in different orders in labs compared to crafting. It's minor, but it just keeps bugging me - why did the devs do this??

    Context: I'm building a 4 belt bus for feeding science (one science per lane), and want to get the packs in the correct order - I'm torn which way to put them now.

    Still early game, but you can see where this is going ...

    </OCD>

    submitted by /u/Rekrahttam
    [link] [comments]

    So since conveyor belts don’t need fuel, you could theoretically just attach the conveyor belts to the turbines in a steam turbine for unlimited energy.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 11:21 AM PDT

    Any tips on things to do in the demo version?

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:58 AM PDT

    Hey, i've heard about Factorio from many different sources, and i decided to finally try out the Demo a few days back, and i honestly enjoyed it so much, unfortunately due to being a student i have to prioritize my money, and i can't feasibly spend my money on games, i was hoping to get some advice on how to make the most of the demo version until i can afford it, i have replayed the demo campaign various times, but unfortunately it seems to end rather abrupt, i was wondering if someone is or have been in the same position, and how they got the most fun out of it?

    Really enjoying the game so far!

    submitted by /u/rainorc
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling with first level of new campaign ("Arrival")

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 12:06 AM PDT

    Ok, this is a bit embarrassing, but I'm new to the game and I'm stuck for the second time. A little Googling got me past my first issue, but my Google-fu has failed me so far on this second issue.

    I'm tasked with building an assembly machine and to build 5 electronic circuits. However, building an assembly machine requires three circuits, and I have none. I have two assembly machines that are part of my crash site (they are called "repaired assembly machine") and they are configured to build something else. My understanding is that you're supposed to be able to adjust what assembly machines can assemble, but these "repaired" assembly machines seem to be missing that option.

    I'm sure I'm missing something very obvious and would appreciate some guidance. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Ener_Ji
    [link] [comments]

    Copper production for Industrial Revolution

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 07:16 PM PDT

    Landfill Missing from Build Menu

    Posted: 14 Oct 2019 07:46 AM PDT

    Landfill Missing from Build Menu

    I have researched Landfill, but can't find it in the build menu. Not sure what to do to fix it. How can I reset only the landfill research?

    Researched Landfill

    No Landfill in build menu

    submitted by /u/hatecapacitor
    [link] [comments]

    all together now!

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 08:59 PM PDT

    all together now!

    dont you love it when they all launch together?

    https://i.redd.it/cld7l0xckfs31.png

    submitted by /u/julebrus-
    [link] [comments]

    I know this will have to be reworked when I start using more than 2 research packs, but here’s my blind attempt at a red/green engine. My first base after finishing the introduction. Thought it would be interesting to post, knowing there must be better ways to do this.

    Posted: 13 Oct 2019 06:51 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment