• Breaking News

    Thursday, October 24, 2019

    Factorio Good Old Spaghetti

    Factorio Good Old Spaghetti


    Good Old Spaghetti

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 03:26 AM PDT

    Nefrums gets 100% speedrun in 8 HOURS!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 03:19 AM PDT

    Sometimes I play other games that aren’t Factorio

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 04:25 PM PDT

    Then I come back and feel bad for the time I played things that aren't factorio

    submitted by /u/Capn_Polyester
    [link] [comments]

    Should I buy Factorio?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 12:11 AM PDT

    I've followed this subreddit for a while and seen all the sorting builds and rocket, but I'm afraid all of its gunna be to complicated for my 16 yo brain to reach. Would it be worth it for me to get??

    Thanks for any advice

    Edit: Woaah! Thanks everyone for the advice, I think I know where my heads at in this one!

    submitted by /u/lennytd
    [link] [comments]

    Add separate production tab for Science, when looking at production output, just like "Liquids" tab.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 02:24 AM PDT

    Now, it's quite difficult to pick certain science from the production list, as it keeps jumping up and down. Changing to longer time interval helps, but still.

    Separate tab would allow you to see instantly which science is produced the least amount, when list contains only science.

    Just an idea.

    submitted by /u/Berthole
    [link] [comments]

    Little bit of contam on my main bus :(

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 12:52 AM PDT

    Anyone dreaming of factorio?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 04:27 AM PDT

    Ive been playing this game for 5 days now and its my third night in a row that I dream about thing I want to do next for my factory.

    Please help me this game is worst than crystal meth

    submitted by /u/Meadi9
    [link] [comments]

    Random music generator

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 04:04 AM PDT

    Random music generator

    Hello, I've designed a random music generator after seeing some Factorio music videos.

    To start it, insert one green wire into the steel chest and turn on the constant combinator twice. To stop it, turn on the constant combinator next to it on and don't forget to turn it off afterwards.

    Blueprint

    overview with explanations

    You may also connect the green one instead of the red with green wire, so the melody only changes every second time.

    submitted by /u/fabi4321
    [link] [comments]

    If I upgrade from 0.17.69 to 0.17.72 will my saves still work?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 07:31 AM PDT

    I'm new and just wondering.

    submitted by /u/ibecoding
    [link] [comments]

    Every failed game is secretly a failed speedrun.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 03:55 AM PDT

    When a player quits the map before they launch a rocket, it's a failed speedrun against their patience.

    When they quit because they can't outpace the biters, it's a speedrun against the biters.

    When they quit because they can't expand to more resources, it's a speedrun against the economy.

    When they fail for boredom, it's a speedrun where their interest defined how much time they had left.

    When failing for UPS, they're racing against their CPU.

    What other intangibles will secretly set a timer for your game?

    submitted by /u/WvHawkvW
    [link] [comments]

    After over 1600 game hours... finally got "There is No Spoon"

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 07:20 PM PDT

    How to work out assembly machine output speed.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 07:54 AM PDT

    Are single wall pieces effective at hindering biters?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 06:41 AM PDT

    Are single wall pieces effective at hindering biters?

    So to add a littele bit of context: I am currently useing a bunch of mods for my new factory. The only important one is natural evolution to spice the combat up a bit. I designed thes walls for my defense thinking they would hinder the biters from attacking.

    https://i.redd.it/lsguy9i4shu31.png

    Then I noticed that the spitters are attacking these walls and therefore stay out of the range of my turrets. They make my repair turrets (from the Mod with the same name) use a lot of repair packs.

    https://i.redd.it/fmt8c439shu31.png

    I need to decide whether to keep the single bits (and to tripple layer the wall) or to take take them away.

    I know it's a cost-benefit decision but I'd like to know if you have any recomendations for that.

    Update:

    I did some testing after reading the comments and it turns out that the modded biters attack everything meaning that it's not the distance between the dragons teeth that makes them attack them. So are there any recomendation on what strategy to use?

    https://i.redd.it/8mfd3ghvxhu31.png

    submitted by /u/ConciousStop
    [link] [comments]

    First attempt to use dectorio, what do you think?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 02:25 PM PDT

    Science pack's graph lines in the production window should be their commonly associated color.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 09:13 AM PDT

    Just about everybody calls Automation Science Pack 'red' or 'red science,' Logistic Science Pack 'green' or 'green science' and so on.

    I think the production/consumption window should follow convention and assign those colors automatically to the bar next to each item up top and to the graph at the bottom.

    submitted by /u/Jubei_
    [link] [comments]

    Railway Tech Progression - Yuoki-Industries-Railroads

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 09:03 AM PDT

    I am looking at adding the YIR -Yuoki-Industries-Railroads mod to my next playthrough but I would like feel some kind of progression through the tech for the trains.

    Does anyone know how I can switch off the default locomotive, cargo wagon and fluid wagon from the tech tree. so it forces me to use the mod to research and work my way up the train tech tree.

    Has anyone tried a playthrough with this mod have you got any tips?

    submitted by /u/RandomGuy_A
    [link] [comments]

    Me and my friends modest base, now working on expansion!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 03:10 PM PDT

    Minimum/Maximum Cooldown, per What?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 09:44 PM PDT

    On the options for enemy expansion, do minimum and maximum cooldown constrain the time for a new biter expansion globally? Or, are they limiting expansion per alien base on the exposed map? Or, is it per alien base out to some distance beyond the exposed map?

    Would seem to be a big difference if we were getting a new alien expansion expedition just once, across the entire map, per that cooldown, vs. the more geometric rate of expansion if the the timer runs per alien base.

    Anybody know?

    submitted by /u/therightmark
    [link] [comments]

    Do Non-return valves reduce fluid updates?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 02:59 AM PDT

    I am thinking: Non-return valves from Angel's mod restrict fluid flow to one direction. Once fluid passes non-return valve, it won't be able to flow back. By placing non-return valves in the right places, they can be used to section off complicated fluid network and decrease the amount of pipes with fluid balancing back and forth in them.

    Is the above correct? Any pitfalls UPS-wise? Thx!

    submitted by /u/automeowtion
    [link] [comments]

    I’m new. Can you help a bit?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 06:44 PM PDT

    Ok, I'm not new to the game in a pure gameplay sense but and extremely new when it comes to just about everything but playtime. I've been browsing the subreddit here and have so many questions and was hoping some of you guys could help answer some of them. (Sorry if they are a bit simple)

    What are 'malls' and what are they meant to do? I've heard this one a lot and still cannot figure out what it means for the life of me. My best guess would be a center of your factory.

    What are "bus'"? Are they like just ways to transport materials or are they something else?

    And finally, what would a conveyer array be? I've only heard it once or twice but would be really interested to see what it is supposed to be.

    submitted by /u/mayonaise-and-pickle
    [link] [comments]

    Basic circuit question

    Posted: 23 Oct 2019 08:55 PM PDT

    I'm building a railway station for my supply trains that is only turned on when the outpost needs supplies (shells, laser turrets, robots, repair packs, walls, and arty guns).

    I used the circuits to enable the station if any of the input signals were less than 40, which means that the outpost is nearly out of something. It's working fine, except that it only detects when the chests are nearly empty. When completely empty, the chests output null instead of item = 0, and this means the train stop doesn't turn on if I run out of something.

    How can I make the circuits detect a zero value as well as less than 40 items? I'm very new to Factorio circuits, Minecraft redstone is more my thing.

    submitted by /u/_Acciaccatura
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment