• Breaking News

    Friday, October 25, 2019

    Factorio Friday Facts #318 - New Tooltips

    Factorio Friday Facts #318 - New Tooltips


    Friday Facts #318 - New Tooltips

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:32 AM PDT

    I like to build compact. I've added a system where larger trains are unloaded onto smaller trains, after which I use a circuit network to dispatch the trains. Hope you like it :D

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 02:03 AM PDT

    One of my favourite things in the game is to watch a belt slowly get saturated

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 10:14 PM PDT

    Anybody else feel this way? Even if there is something else that needs urgent attention, when I've worked on increasing the production of an assembly line I like to physically see the effect, and just walk along next to the belt as the saturation point moves further and further back slowly, even if it takes 5 minutes to fully saturate. So satisfying

    submitted by /u/midgetgrandpama
    [link] [comments]

    Artillery can't damage your construction bots.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 08:40 PM PDT

    I manually targeted some construction bots who didn't have a place to charge and no orders to perform (and thus where floating in place). None of the bots at ground zero suffered any damage. To check friendly fire, I destroyed a nearby roboport and power pole with the same artillery piece.

    This is in 17.69.

    Don't ask why those bots deserved death. They just did.

    Edited to add: They didn't have an available spot in a roboport to go into. There is only one logistics zone on the map and too many bots for the ports.

    Just to double check again, a fish placed inside an armored tank does take damage from artillery strikes and, as previously pointed out in another thread, the least expensive and easiest method to get rid of fish.

    submitted by /u/Jubei_
    [link] [comments]

    Corner belt balancer 8 to 8

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:43 AM PDT

    Got my friend into Factorio and he made this little animated loop

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 03:01 PM PDT

    You know what I like most about Friday?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:25 AM PDT

    Always having a great blog post to look forward to reading by an amazing dev team.

    Sometimes it has something new, and sometimes it just fluff. But it is always posted with some kind of content.

    Wube, you have earned the cult following of very happy gamers.

    submitted by /u/darthenron
    [link] [comments]

    Mod suggestion for weaponry suited for an insane number of enemies?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 04:19 PM PDT

    Attempting to create a safe crosswalk

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:53 AM PDT

    A noob question about trains.

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:07 AM PDT

    So I've played this game a lot but I still can't figure out how the trains work. Am I the only one who has problems with them or is it a normal for people to have problems understanding it? The hard part for me is to know how the signals work. Is there some sort of guide or tip that makes it possible to understand?

    submitted by /u/JustYawn
    [link] [comments]

    We're posting spaghetti? Here's my Krastorio/Factorissimo base

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:40 AM PDT

    Automated Remote Radar Outpost

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:14 AM PDT

    Version 0.17.73

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 11:30 AM PDT

    Graphics

    • Extended transport belt sprites a little bit to avoid rendering glitches at some zoom levels.

    Bugfixes

    • Added missing max_work_done_per_tick in map-settings.example.json. more
    • Fixed that accumulator settings could not be copy-pasted. more
    • Fixed that generators could rotate and render incorrectly. more
    • Fixed bad quest GUI in NPE. more
    • Fixed a crash related to the map editor "recipe locked" setting for assembling machines. more
    • Fixed that Military science pack was sorted after Chemical science pack in the Lab GUI.
    • Fixed low quality texture compression would create major artifacts on some sprites. more
    • Fixed a crash when reading storage_filter on infinity chests. more
    • Fixed a crash when reading LuaEntity::tree_stage_index_max in some cases. more
    • Changed blueprinting selection previews to include both tile ghosts and tiles when only tile ghost entities are being selected. more
    • Fixed a crash that could happen when path_resolution_modifier was set to very low values. more

    Modding

    • Changed input_flow_limit and output_flow_limit so 0 means 0 instead of unlimited (no value still means unlimited).

    Scripting

    • Added LuaEntity::driver_is_gunner read/write.

    Balancing

    • Changed: Amount of copper-cable in Introduction scenario crash site.
    • Changed: Increased minimum size of a resource deposit to 100 in the Introduction scenario.

    Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

    submitted by /u/FactorioTeam
    [link] [comments]

    When you go big, but then realise you can go bigger

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 03:33 AM PDT

    When you go big, but then realise you can go bigger

    When you go big, but then realise you can go bigger. Main bus/1st rocket 30hrs, then started 2x rail lane grid, but noticed I had rail congestion, so started 4x rail lanes 4x grid size at 70hrs

    So the long story;
    Hadn't played since the the summer of 2017, only had done a total of 60hrs back then, so still a greenhorn. It used to have only 4 science and alien artefacts for the 4th. I thought what I'd watched on twitch/youtube during my break was only mods. Haven't used mods.... yet. But boy, then next 30hrs I was in for a surprise.
    I decided to jump backing in, and try to get as many achievements a possible in my first new run, and thought I'd launched a rocket before. It would be good training for 8hr no spoon and 90min locomotive.
    So after 30hrs managed to do these all together
    -"Lazily" only built <111, with a few scares, lucky there's some lead way
    -No solar & no lasers make me something something, was fun running a ammo belt around my entire base for
    -No logistics or bots (super happy there wasn't a no belts achevo, like I saw someone doing)
    Then to my surprise I launched my 1st rocket/WIN (either saw someone else's or mine were empty)
    Also got a few production achievements while speeding production up, and build my first locomotive, guessing I need stations/logistics to run myself over, (did it in like 5mins by accident). Not to bad for 30hrs play through & <100hrs (98hrs) & 21/38 achievos total. Now to launch a fish.

    This map I decided to max the resources, minimise the locals to get a good feel & focus for all the production designs/blueprints and to do all the research so I could see what difference each one made. I 'm like neat/tight layout, but had to retain myself to spread things out, had to shuffle the main bus width a few times to double/triple/quadruple/etc certain resources. At 30hrs I was happy with my main bus, science & mall, and decided I'd give a larger rail grid a go.

    From the picture you can see where I wanted to have one production per square fully beaconed which worked ok with 3 wagons, and allowed for additional squares for high use items. But the beacons started a rush to offset the power cost, and also had rail congestion at intersection because I didn't have enough load/unload stations. So now at 70hrs, I've now started a grid with 4x space (2x side length), 4x rails (2 in each direction), then rail station/hopper for drop off/pickup, so I can have longer trains, and .........

    Hmm should I keep going on this track, or store/save it for another day/year? Would really like to give sea block, diggy, death world, bob's, angel's, madclown's, pyanodon's, dyworld, <8hrs, etc, etc..... I think I'm an addict, is this a safe place?
    PS. Thanks to all the Factorio creators and personalities here and on other platforms, you helped give me my fix during my "sober" drought, and way too many base ideas.

    submitted by /u/JimmyNoe
    [link] [comments]

    My Attempt At Uranium Processing In A Small Space. (blueprint in comments)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 09:29 PM PDT

    What's the point of using trains if all the necessary raw ore is spawned in near another?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:14 AM PDT

    Can't I just not use trains and build my factory without them?

    submitted by /u/TristLeDank
    [link] [comments]

    My first self-balancing refining setup!! (explanation in the comments)

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 06:36 PM PDT

    So I didn't rush robots, and now I'm being attacked every 3-5 mins by spitters. How do I defend properly?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:04 AM PDT

    My title says it all.

    Started a new game a week ago, very new player (30 hours), first game was on peaceful so I could figure out the basics. Started this new save with biters for some more challenge.

    In the last about 2 hours of playtime I started getting attacked by the acid spitting bugs. I have fun turrets all around my base, with a 2 thick wall and a 3 wide staggered wall barricade past that - but the spitters shoot right through it and destroy the turrets.

    The last few hours of game play has been really frustrating since I'm basically putting everything on hold to run and fix / rebuild turrets after reach frequent attack.

    Do you guys usually rush robots right after starting a new game to combat this issue? I've been really regretting researching other stuff instead of that.

    What are some other good tips for defending bases? I'm not sure what else I can do right now, since I really only have access to turrets and regular / piercing ammo.

    If I try and destroy the enemy bases I'm being attacked from, will that solve my issue?

    submitted by /u/XyraxAlaria
    [link] [comments]

    Blueprints and backups

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 06:15 AM PDT

    OK,, I have played this game for a long time. Today.. my blueprints are gone. In desperation,, i went to another pc and it had some blueprints. I tried copying the blueprint file to my pc,, backup of the game and restore from the backup on a pc where it works to the PC missing the blueprints, using Steam Cloud. Deleting,, reinstalling and copying data files over. This whole thing is broken. I have read lots of the pages on the forums. Most posts are defeated by sarcasm as people think.. yeah,, just recreate them. But.. thats not why I play the game.. to redo my work each time a developer has a chubby to change things. This is not the first post,, it won't be the last by people. Maybe its time to take a look at it. As it is,, the Blueprints process pretty much SUCKS. Others have pointed this out over and over. I found the web page a person created to do Blueprints which is a TON better, but it should be included to make this whole process better. Yes.. I know people will just want to flame this post as its a negative one regarding the game,, but this is the single aspect of the game that makes me,, and many others stop wanting to play it. This is NOT THE FIRST TIME this has happened to me or many many others. Maybe a clear backup and restore feature that works would be nice,, so if something gets messed up,, you can just restore a previous backup. Please put this on the list.

    submitted by /u/timball72
    [link] [comments]

    Belts?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 05:43 AM PDT

    Belts?

    So I started new game with only one rule. Simple as belt. No belts.

    No belt base

    Anyone who want to join us welcome: `Projects74.ru:34200`

    submitted by /u/MaX39767
    [link] [comments]

    If anyone wants a railroad seed that only had 2 small entry points

    Posted: 24 Oct 2019 11:16 PM PDT

    Efficient mining outpost setup

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 04:49 AM PDT

    How do you set up your mining outposts that are feeding your main base via trains?

    I was wondering if it's more efficient to just have miners without smelters at the outposts or if smelting should rather take place where the mining is.

    Maybe some of you have pictures of their outposts. Would interest me to see different setups! :)

    submitted by /u/Pankonuss
    [link] [comments]

    Version 0.17.74

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 08:16 AM PDT

    Bugfixes

    • Fixed crafter would not reconnect heat energy source after rotate in some cases. more
    • Fixed a crash when adding science pack types to labs. more
    • Fixed a crash related to text boxes and clearing them with selected text. more

    Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

    submitted by /u/FactorioTeam
    [link] [comments]

    Can I play with somebody who don't have the same version of factorio than me ?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2019 07:40 AM PDT

    like, if I have the last version, can my friend join my server ?

    Or if my friend have the last version but not me, can I join his server ?

    thx a lot !

    submitted by /u/DragonMoh
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment