• Breaking News

    Monday, July 5, 2021

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread


    Weekly Question Thread

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    Ask any questions you might have.

    Post your bug reports on the Official Forums


    Previous Threads


    Subreddit rules

    Discord server (and IRC)

    Find more in the sidebar ---->

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Just... one... more... belt...

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    [OC-Animation] Meet the laser turret ! Warning, it's really hot and biters hates it ...

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 04:10 PM PDT

    ... damn it.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    I have found the secret steam achievement!

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 02:47 AM PDT

    I have found the secret steam achievement!

    ​

    https://preview.redd.it/eoprkcbx7d971.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=8d57d3db23a463092899f6bd1710fc1da8780c86

    Turns out the Steam Remote Storage is 5GB and apparently a modest 250 save files are enough to fill it up. I guess I'll have to move some of my old saves into backup.

    submitted by /u/Drogiwan_Cannobi
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got my Pyanodon to automate red science

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    [OC Character] Let's Do Rocket Science! ��

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    Factorio in GDQ

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 04:08 AM PDT

    I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone post on this. But there's a Factorio Speedrun this Friday for GDQ if anyone is interested. Sadly it starts fairly early in the morning at about 1030EST but it's really cool that a run made it to GDQ.

    submitted by /u/Zaninel
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think of my starting base? Does anything stand out as super inefficient or could be improved?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 05:02 AM PDT

    1000x science modifier : setting up 480/minute of green science.

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 03:38 AM PDT

    "It will never happen to me."....It happened

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 08:29 PM PDT

    Just over 20 hours in (10 for this attempt), wanted to share my first Spaghetti Monster!! Slowly figuring things out.

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:08 PM PDT

    "I'm going to automate 17 different things in a single city block, what could go wrong ?"

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 02:05 PM PDT

    The Factory must grow into the psyche of others

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    3am voice mail from a friend: I am having Factorio belts running in my dreams, this is all your fault.

    For everyone who was infected by a friend may I say: you're welcome.

    submitted by /u/_aD
    [link] [comments]

    Artillery!

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 10:11 PM PDT

    i have played maybe a month or two per year for about 4 years. Just got my first armed Artillery train. Holy cow! This adds a whole new layer of fun, I can't stop playing now. The factory must grow. The bugs must die!

    submitted by /u/Arniepepper
    [link] [comments]

    How to make a different kins of factory?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 12:35 AM PDT

    I dont know who i am, i dont know why im here. All i know is main bus

    submitted by /u/cadentheguyperson
    [link] [comments]

    Main Bus or Train Based?

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 03:40 AM PDT

    I read online that the best base to build was a main bus style base with iron copper then eventually steel and circuits and whatnot. Then later I researched online again, but this time everyone had trains for supplying assemblers and supplying resources in general to the entire base... but I've already built a main bus, so should I change over? is it better? and if so, is there a guide or YouTube video I can follow for that?

    ​

    Side note, why does everyone use ratios from Factorio wiki? is it necessary? I'm already up to blue science and haven't used more than the transport belt ratios.

    submitted by /u/dont_send_me-nudes
    [link] [comments]

    Landscaping Question

    Posted: 05 Jul 2021 01:21 AM PDT

    This may be a foolish question but are you able to remove landscape such as cliffs in the landscape, its really messing with the layout of my factory.

    submitted by /u/RussianDokkaebi
    [link] [comments]

    Compact No-Overhead/No-Downtime Kovarex setup

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 07:53 PM PDT

    Compact No-Overhead/No-Downtime Kovarex setup

    ​

    Each centrifuge requires only an initial 40/41 U-235.

    ​

    I've been experimenting with this idea similar to how you'd cross feed coal miners. I thought this design was nice since it doesn't involve a lot of logic so I thought I'd share it.

    Link

    What it is

    When you first get Kovarex started, every few pieces of U-235 is crucial. Simple looping setups have a substantial U-235 overhead that is wasted in the input buffers. Here, while running, the input buffers cycles between 1 and 0 pieces of U-235 per centrifuge.

    Anyways, it is definitely possible to make this tileable, but I'd rather stick to 2 centrifuges as this is mainly targeted at kickstarting the initial Kovarex where U-235 is scarce.

    Note that if you fill up the input buffer as you get more U-235 and want it to operate with no downtime, the output stack size should be reduced to 1.

    How it works

    ​

    Settings for the output filter inserter.

    ​

    Settings for the input inserter.

    Essentially, we have 2 stack inserts cross filling the centrifuges and 2 U-235 output inserters connected to 2 respective U-238 input inserters. The output inserts are connected by wire to the input and only activated once when the inputs activate.

    Okay. I initially wanted to write the entire explanation here but it is way too complicated for anyone to want to read. Basically, it has to do with a sequence of states. There are 4 cases since we have 1 centrifuge with 40 (0 in input buffer) and 1 centrifuge with 41 (1 in input buffer) U-235, and either of these 2 can finish producing first. The key is probably the fact only 1 out of these 2 centrifuges would happen to have U-235 available in the output buffer while simultaneously starting a new round of production (and therefore triggering the input inserter and then the output inserter). So in every 1 cycle, only 1 output inserter will work. So the stack size has to be set to 2.

    submitted by /u/_Cakeshop
    [link] [comments]

    The Base I Have Been Working On (and first nuclear setup)

    Posted: 04 Jul 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment