• Breaking News

    Friday, May 21, 2021

    Factorio POV: You tried to build a mall without a blueprint

    Factorio POV: You tried to build a mall without a blueprint


    POV: You tried to build a mall without a blueprint

    Posted: 21 May 2021 12:06 AM PDT

    Gwangyang Steel Works in Gwangyang - looks like real life factorio

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:09 AM PDT

    Hours well spent

    Posted: 20 May 2021 08:34 PM PDT

    Every other network-controllable entity can be connected to the logistics network, why not signals?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 09:50 PM PDT

    First time with city blocks. I spent nearly 30 hours designing them properly. No deadlocks for now. Any suggestions?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 09:49 PM PDT

    Some turbines in my nuclear setup do not receive steam

    Posted: 21 May 2021 12:54 AM PDT

    POV: You tried upgrading your mall but cursed it instead

    Posted: 21 May 2021 03:57 AM PDT

    Raycasting engine in Factorio 1.1 (unmodded) - doom UI - Facto-RayO v2.1

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    Alt-F4 #36 - The Nauvian Perspective: Bentham and Xisumavoid

    Posted: 21 May 2021 03:17 AM PDT

    You may not like it, but this is peak railway design (Inline railway stations)

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:30 AM PDT

    300h of spaghetti making experience.

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:16 AM PDT

    Idea for a Colony Management Factorio Mod

    Posted: 20 May 2021 09:09 PM PDT

    Hey y'all, first and foremost I want to make it clear that this is not in development and I have no plans of development* (see Edit 1), but my mind was wandering at 3am last night and this is what I found in my notes. It seems like an interesting concept to make Factorio much less Factorio-like while still being Factorio if that makes any sense. There are definitely major holes in the idea, but like I said, it isn't intended to be pitch-perfect.

    The general concept is that the machines in Factorio (things like assemblers, centrifuges, boilers, steam engines, locomotives, etc.) are actually factories, requiring both electricity and human work power to function. This introduces many new concepts to Factorio, mostly revolving around your newfound completely voluntary workforce.

    More logistics: I know, a community favorite. Essentially, you need to make the land habitable for your people. They don't want to live amongst the noisy, smelly machines that make up your empire. You need to build communities for your workers to live in and find ways to effectively bring them into the factory. Walkways and passenger trains are necessary for an efficient space.

    A Wee-Bit Stupid: Workers don't look both ways before crossing the railroad tracks. Better wall those off for their safety and use crossings to safely maneuver workers over your land.

    Sustenance: The Engineer is a magical being that thrives on only pollution and its own sweat, however, workers are not. Make sure they have adequate access to food and water, or they will die slow deaths.

    Morale: Pay them, have shops, entertainment, and commodities. The higher the morale the higher the efficiency, get it into the clouds for a production bonus. Essentially, you gotta keep your guys happy or they will slow down and ruin your lovely ratios.

    War effort: The workers aren't a huge fan of the pollution caused by the factory, nor do they enjoy the concept of wiping out an entire species for industrialization (they aren't British!). Use propoganda your moral superiority to keep them on your side. If you lose support, they could revolt and sabotage the factory. That would not be very efficient.

    Military: Need to advance a front but can't do it with turrets? Conscript an army to die for the factory!

    Communications: Launch communication satellites to phone your homeworld and trade resources for commodities, currency, more very willing and eager workers, or other resources.

    On-the-spot idea: Government systems to put certain experienced workers in power to automate the bettering of the community to increase morale, get propoganda experts to keep the war effort high, and all sorts of leadership positions.

    Like I said at the beginning, this is basically copy and pasted from the notes on my phone that I wrote at three in the morning. I think something like this would add a whole new layer of complexity and logistics that would be cool to see, especially since I myself am not a huge fan of mods that increase complexity by changing how recipes work. This would keep that all the same, but add a requirement for you to make room for the workers and plan pathways, crossings, and trains to increase their work time.

    Edit: I have seen a sliver of support for this idea, so I am considering attempting to learn to code for Factorio mods now. We'll see about this, I got some life stuff going on right now and I'm not too motivated to try new and difficult things. Long process, especially because I am very inexperienced with Factorio modding.

    submitted by /u/Ntstall
    [link] [comments]

    nothing lasts forever

    Posted: 21 May 2021 06:59 AM PDT

    YOU CAN PRESS R WHEN USING THE GHOST RAIL PLANNER

    Posted: 21 May 2021 03:30 AM PDT

    THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING

    submitted by /u/SuaveSteve
    [link] [comments]

    Yay! I fixed the problem with grey science! oh...Wait...

    Posted: 21 May 2021 04:52 AM PDT

    2700SPM megabase

    Posted: 20 May 2021 11:28 AM PDT

    Plastic Factory

    Posted: 21 May 2021 06:59 AM PDT

    I present to you, my first attempt to make a production of compact blue circles with direct insertion and although it looks good the truth is that it hardly works.

    Posted: 20 May 2021 09:05 PM PDT

    I'm confused, is there just no blueprint editor mod?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 03:43 PM PDT

    For close to 2 years now I've been under the impression that I was playing on noob mode because I always make my blueprints "by hand", by placing them on the ground and working on them and then resaving them. But it's always hit me as a pretty tedious process, that was certain serious players had more advanced tools for, when dealing with complex blueprints. And I'm certain I've heard the term 'blueprint editor' thrown around several times.

    So now I'm getting into mega-territory, and figured it was time I upgrade my toolbox like everyone else... but I've been searching for an hour, and I can't find any mod like that. There's the browser tool that's decent, but I'd like something that's integrated into the game and works with my stored blueprints. There's this, but it can't open or edit blueprint.

    So what tools do all you megabase experts use to make your giant blueprints? Have I just not found the proper mod yet?

    submitted by /u/Kabitu
    [link] [comments]

    Dual monitor setup - cursor leaving screen?

    Posted: 21 May 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    So I just bought Factorio after hearing lots of positive things about it and wanted to get right into it. Problem is, I have a dual monitor setup and my cursor will leave the primary screen that Factorio is running on when I pan to the left, even though I have "Full Screen" enabled.

    Now I know there are third party applications that can lock the cursor to a screen, but I can't believe that such a polished and popular game that costs 25€ does not have a integrated option to lock the cursor to the primary screen. Is there a way to do this except using a third party application?

    submitted by /u/defaultstrings
    [link] [comments]

    General advice on train networks wanted (kilobase level)

    Posted: 21 May 2021 02:03 AM PDT

    Yes, I know everyone says megabase, but it is technically kilobase, after all. /nitpick off

    So I've tried to reach the 1000+ SPM level a few times and while I've been there it doesn't quite stay stable and my main issue is train flow.

    I generally set it up so that I have large-AF trains bringing in raw materials from outposts. I smelt on-site since plates have +100% compression compared to ore, so no centralised smelting.

    Plates and raw materials are taken to a nearby logistics hub where it gets exchanged to smaller, local trains, that go into my cityblock network to deliver wherever its needed.

    But here's the crud: I keep getting massive congestion and trains getting stuck for long periods of time waiting for intersections to clear. I never use 4 way or roundabouts. Only T-intersections. But I'm also aware my network is far from optimal when it comes to signaling.

    But what I'm looking for are general, bite-sized advice from megabasers on how to handle the logistics of your base. Be it localized production from raw materials up to end product or distributed production of circuits and intermediates and transport those around, or even making cityblocks larger than 100x100 so you can fit larger production centers.

    My main problem right now is that I did not plan for lategame, so a lot of my production uses 1+1 and 1+2 trains, which clog up the network. I'm slowly transitioning out to 2+4 for the internal trains, while external trains are 4+8.

    Finally:

    Liquid tanks or barrel management? Barrels seem to entirely get around the flow problem, which is great. But it also is a complete pain in the arsebutt to balance empty barrel flow and preventing lockups where a station is oversaturated by empty barrels.

    Solutions I've considered:

    - Larger trains

    - Spread out production more. Right now my cityblock network is pretty tight, leading to more congestion.

    - Full production chain on site from raw materials, rather than producing intermediates and shipping them around

    Images, as requested:

    Full factory

    Production cell (12 of these, 6 on the top, 6 on the bottom, make up a production area)

    Station setup

    Production cell junction (these separate cells from each other and east/west are connections the main arterial line)

    Standard T-junction (this happens to be my most congested one. Trains coming in from externally come from the east here. Only a few trains go from n/s to east here to fill a few production cells that I plan on moving. They disrupt the inflow of trains)

    submitted by /u/MoonshineFox
    [link] [comments]

    Help with a 2-4 train system in a city block

    Posted: 20 May 2021 05:43 PM PDT

    Help with a 2-4 train system in a city block

    Hello there, I'm having a problem, I'm trying to do my first city block with a train system 2-4, and I'm having a nightmare with the signals, can some one help me?

    https://preview.redd.it/v0y8qoqied071.png?width=1412&format=png&auto=webp&s=9ed98f2b75eed84010a055fa49590824fbf5d7ac

    https://preview.redd.it/cs95cpqied071.png?width=1484&format=png&auto=webp&s=c3ad643e941fc8ea8e8483baddf1f177feda1bdd

    submitted by /u/BichasDoDemonio
    [link] [comments]

    Recommendation for train network needed!

    Posted: 21 May 2021 04:46 AM PDT

    Is there a good modular rail system you would recommend for me? I'm planning on using LTN in a Krastorio2 playthrough.

    submitted by /u/Zolibusz
    [link] [comments]

    My first factory - need tips (with pictures)

    Posted: 20 May 2021 08:52 PM PDT

    So I recently made a post about beginner tips before starting freeplay after playing the tutorial. I had a lot of helpful tips given there, and it has helped me make some progress.

    Here is how things are currently looking:

    1: My lab setup - just made it tonight: https://imgur.com/ppyIGj0

    2: My production line for iron/copper plates: https://imgur.com/iM6kv0U

    3: My current power setup: https://imgur.com/BGiJDvL

    My biggest concern right now is simply 'knowing what to do'. There are many, many paths I can take in regards to the research tech tree. I definitely need to build up my defenses and infrastructure. It looks pretty messy.

    Some automation issues I've been facing have been with the belts transporting the belts (the belts themselves) and the science packs will sometimes not be placed into the lab (they will instead stack further down the belt).

    Figuring out how to automate red inserters, red underground belts, etc. without making a convoluted mess will be hard.

    Nonetheless, please let me know of all your input.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Forevershadow1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment