• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 20, 2021

    Factorio My parents always called me a messy kid. Guess that carried over to Factorio as well.

    Factorio My parents always called me a messy kid. Guess that carried over to Factorio as well.


    My parents always called me a messy kid. Guess that carried over to Factorio as well.

    Posted: 19 May 2021 03:19 PM PDT

    So you had a taste of my spaghetti blue science pack but have you seen a spaghetti base like that DON'T THINK SO

    Posted: 19 May 2021 09:58 AM PDT

    UPDATE! Took some of y'alls advice and here is the current state of my factory after 2 more hours!! Probably won't update again, just wanted to show appreciation for u guys :)

    Posted: 19 May 2021 10:16 PM PDT

    Going Home To Play Factorio! - Life Is Good ^_^

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    Why don't these pumps work?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 10:02 AM PDT

    I'm sure this has NEVER happened to anyone else... but... sonuva...

    Posted: 19 May 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    TI accidentally L that nukes destroy concrete tiles

    Posted: 19 May 2021 08:46 PM PDT

    My first attempt at optimizing. New player, got the game a week ago. This is my layout for producing Red Potions at 15 per second. Any tips or pointers?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 01:44 PM PDT

    What 3 a.m. Factorio looks like for me (no I never figured out the rails)

    Posted: 19 May 2021 05:48 PM PDT

    New Engineer on the planet, looking for info

    Posted: 20 May 2021 04:01 AM PDT

    My question(s) as i am fairly new but a quick study:

    • Excluding the Infinite Tech research, is there someplace that shows how many of each type of science pack is needed to complete all research? I've looked around on the wiki and such, but there's not an clear answer

    • Logistically is it better to have a centralized hub and bring resources in, or several bases scattered doing different things? What are people's usual recommendations?

    • In General what info would you give to a rookie who understands the basics of the game but is just scratching the surface of its possibilities?

    submitted by /u/RednocNivert
    [link] [comments]

    There is no spoon

    Posted: 19 May 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    Found something you folks might like

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    21hrs in and I am still noob

    Posted: 19 May 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    21hrs in and I am still noob

    This is what my base looks like 21 hours in. I just learned that to stop those bugs from attacking me, I had to destroy their lair so ignore the overkill defense I have.
    I also want to just start over but I don't want to lose all my progress in the recipe thing. What is the best way for starting a new base?

    https://preview.redd.it/hrrm7pf6y6071.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=f3219c941b3f74ad5c8f09ff71b448723e932ab8

    submitted by /u/I_AM_JAM_
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know why Space exploration servers take a long time to catch up to and what causes a lot of the lag experienced on them?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 07:18 AM PDT

    Help with inserters and circuits - bug ??

    Posted: 20 May 2021 05:07 AM PDT

    My inserters are not working when the circuit says they should - help !

    Even though the circuit signal (light blue = 1) is shown as active the in the inserter dialog the inserter does not function - I must be missing something obvious but I can't see what it is. I can replicate the correct behavior with different signals and a constant combinator - but its not working where it need to ...

    Screenshots attached.

    here

    and here

    The second screen shows the signal clearly as being 1, yet the "signal > 0" does not drive the inserter.

    Edit - FIXED....

    submitted by /u/NegatorUK
    [link] [comments]

    How to find out how much a box holds with circuits?

    Posted: 20 May 2021 01:08 AM PDT

    So I want to use circuits to figure out how much of 'thing' a box can hold. Assuming it's a 48 square box, the answer will be 48 * <stack size>, assuming the box only contains items of a single type. I.e., a steel box can hold 48 * 100 Iron Plates, but 48 * 200 Iron Ore.

    So my goal: without knowing what is in the box, figure out the minimum stack size, assuming the box is getting filled up.

    I was able to get this working via this circuit diagram (a few pieces are combined together for brevity), which also includes the 'actual' implementation. It's a bit kludgy.

    It works by calculating 'K' as the minimum stack size possible given the box's contents. K starts at 0. Once it realizes the number of items in the box is greater than K * 48, it says "hey, K=0 can't possibly be right - lets update K = K + 10". And this iterates over and over until it reaches the correct answer, assuming a completely full box. Once it updates, it should never go down if the box loses contents, thus we are able to figure out the stack size of the items in the box dynamically.

    The right side has a few no-op circuits that are only there because of a race condition that - if they were absent - cause K to increase indefinitely.

    So I know I could do this more simply by having a single box limited to only make use of a single square, but I wanted to try to do it with just circuits. Given that: is there a cleaner way to accomplish this? I.e., I give you a wire that has some number as an input, and you maintain and output the minimum stack size for the items in that box.

    submitted by /u/rollie82
    [link] [comments]

    What is the theoretical minimum amount of ores required to launch a single rocket?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 09:35 AM PDT

    Was just curious about this, what is the bare minimum iron/copper/stone etc are required to build and launch a rocket?

    submitted by /u/repilicus
    [link] [comments]

    Any tips for planning ahead?

    Posted: 19 May 2021 10:57 PM PDT

    Kind of a pointless question, but I figured I might be surprised.

    I like to start off my factory with a mini-mall type setup to make the low tier inserters, belts, tracks, etc etc. I then build down my main bus, adding higher tier stuff as I progress.

    I'm not completely familiar with the recipe ingredients for everything, and end up kind of paralysed with choices by the time I need to process oil to make plastic and batteries. Thinking of everything I need to include to continue production while keeping things organised makes my potential factory look like a big jigsaw puzzle. I find myself often having to double back on my constructions to allow space and belts to make and transport intermediate products . For example, I'll have just finished a production line for several things only to realise some of the intermediate products I'm production there are also needed for the new tech I have just unlocked (pipes, cogs, engines, sulfur and batteries are the main offenders here at this point, but it gets even worse later on).

    Any suggestions or tips for this problem? I however don't like the idea of using other people's blueprints or game-changing mods.

    submitted by /u/SnooPop9
    [link] [comments]

    I spent way to long getting this to work

    Posted: 19 May 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    Wires can be seen through Spidertron's legs, doubt that this is intended.

    Posted: 20 May 2021 01:39 AM PDT

    Biter BBQ

    Posted: 19 May 2021 11:07 AM PDT

    Can I set up LTN so that when it requests iron plates from this station, it makes the train go to the iron mine first? This station smelts iron ore and puts the plates back into the train

    Posted: 19 May 2021 01:01 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment