• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 23, 2021

    Factorio Modular Factories using Cargo Wagons

    Factorio Modular Factories using Cargo Wagons


    Modular Factories using Cargo Wagons

    Posted: 23 May 2021 12:25 AM PDT

    The biggest deadlock I´ve ever had

    Posted: 23 May 2021 04:54 AM PDT

    Spinderella to the Moon ... for Science

    Posted: 22 May 2021 10:42 AM PDT

    This really bothers me: the fact that you CAN use cargo wagons as better crates means there should be an equivalent actual crate object with the same cost

    Posted: 23 May 2021 03:23 AM PDT

    Utility (Yellow) Science pack outpost 10.8k per minute (blueprint)

    Posted: 22 May 2021 04:28 PM PDT

    behold my 100 spm beaconed robo factory module

    Posted: 23 May 2021 04:54 AM PDT

    My beginning steps towards my first mega base after like 600 hours of overall gameplay (I like this game too much)

    Posted: 23 May 2021 03:59 AM PDT

    'Simulated' factory mod to help with ups? Or something related?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 05:09 AM PDT

    My computer is not good.

    Late game factorio requires a lot of ups.

    Is there/why isn't there a mod that reduces the large scale processes that never change but use lots of UPS?

    If one already does exist, please let me know what mod accomplishes something like it, but I couldn't find anything while searching for such a mod...

    In many parts of my late game factories, I'm copy and pasting swathes of smelter arrays, production arrays for circuits, etc. And all have saturated belts 95+% of the time (trains deposit full loads) they're in production.

    These arrays always behave the same way, so why is my computer needing to compute each and every inserter in these arrays when nothing changes?

    Couldn't we have a mod using, for example, 'factorisimo' style factories where we have defined input and output slots, which we can 'train' for some time so it learns how many units it can actually produce in a specific time period. Then that factory, after training, knows that given enough power and resources, it exports the correct number of resources from the export slots at the correct rate? We have mods that can calculate exact ratios from a selected area, so then the training would be a matter of 'what sort of throughput do I have in my array?'

    The thing is I'm not interested in necessarily making the game easier, and enjoy many of these mods which make the game harder and longer, but playing at 10 ups simply isn't enjoyable to me (I've loaded some 'well optimized' 1k spm factories, and found myself at <45 ups, and that's nothing compared to what's needed for these large scale mods). Even playing with some interesting mechanics related to this could be fun as suddenly you could have additional space requirements or energy inefficiencies you need to deal with in your builds.

    Just wondering if people have any knowledge of something related to this which could be used, or specific reasons why it's a pipedream (I feel like if it was possible, it'd already be done - ups is such a limiting factor for so many people).

    submitted by /u/potofpetunias2456
    [link] [comments]

    Oh, so you don't want me to use clean energy?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    Is there a mod to make batteries in power armour recharge whilst not wearing it?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 08:08 AM PDT

    Thanks to any replies

    submitted by /u/BuzzMast3r
    [link] [comments]

    My Australian friend was burning some trees down for our railway. She forgot to cut in fire breaks.

    Posted: 22 May 2021 05:30 PM PDT

    Such things is what make me move

    Posted: 23 May 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    How is this working?!

    Posted: 22 May 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    After 1 Day of having the full version of Factorio, I present my factory so far

    Posted: 22 May 2021 07:05 PM PDT

    Starting a spaghetti base :D

    Posted: 22 May 2021 04:48 PM PDT

    Shower thought: the more hours you pour into he game the more it becomes a cookie clicker.

    Posted: 23 May 2021 07:27 AM PDT

    So I had this thought because in the endgame nothing is a problem, not the biters nor the resources. So basically once you get something going you just copy and paste the relevant outposts for resources and voila. Basically Factorio could be remade into build your own cookie clicker

    submitted by /u/Mindartis9
    [link] [comments]

    So what's the current state of Angel's Exploration?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    I remember playing a bit with it a few months ago and biters felt extremely powerful, but there are old posts saying that small spitterst can 1 shot walls. Is it managable right now and are we getting any news from this mods team?

    submitted by /u/NexusplaysPL
    [link] [comments]

    POV: You tried to build a mall without a blueprint (For Real)

    Posted: 22 May 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    This may sound like a joke but how to convert this to something more functional?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 05:53 AM PDT

    Does anyone have a good map seed for an “island” map, preferably one with a small(-ish) land bridge connecting it to a larger mainland?

    Posted: 22 May 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    Hey, my exams are (almost) over and I wanted to start another Factorio playthrough. I've beaten the game twice before, once on a regular rail world and another time using this map - the second one was by far my favourite. Being able to clear biters away and focus on production before eventually expanding out to the larger mainland (and doing the same to that) was great fun.

    I've started two games since then - both of which were just normal maps - and I really dislike having to watch for biters from all sides. Oddly, it actually limits my building more than the island did - since I have to build defensive walls around EVERYTHING, it's so hard to just expand out when I need to without rebuilding my defences. Which I don't want to do every time I decide I need more green electronics.

    Since I do want this playthrough to be a little harder (once I cleared all the basic biter nests on the small island, there was basically no threat until I got to the larger one much later), having a natural "choke point" to defend, as opposed to either being beset from all sides or totally isolated, seems way more fun. So I was just wondering if anybody had such a map seed - an island with a land bridge - for me to use. World generation mods are totally fine, I used one to get the map above after all.

    Many thanks!

    submitted by /u/ShinyGrezz
    [link] [comments]

    Blueprint for use with Ghost Scanner and Recursive Blueprints

    Posted: 23 May 2021 04:13 AM PDT

    I like to use Ghost Scanner to transfer items between robo-networks, but I find that too many of them makes the game lag.

    There's also no way to turn them off except by deconstructing them, and I suspect that they cause lag even if you just place a ghost of a Ghost Scanner.

    So, here's a blueprint that uses Ghost Scanner to monitor a network, and request items from the neighboring network, then when everything has been built, it uses Recursive Blueprints to deconstruct the scanner, and pack it away until I want to scan the network again.

    It is triggered by a wireless signal from the main base. I put a wooden box on the logistic network to tell Recursive to place the Ghost Scanner.

    It places a ghost of a wooden power pole to make sure it is working properly, then removes the ghost. So if you have wooden boxes or wooden power poles on your logistic network, it will cause problems.

    It uses a convoluted system of placing blueprints and deconstruction planners into the Recursive chest. I've automated this by supplying my logistic network with copies of them.

    https://factorioblueprints.tech/blueprint/79d230f2-5332-4902-a8c3-0e1b2d8108d2

    submitted by /u/dddontshoot
    [link] [comments]

    How would you describe how I set the assembly lines in this screenshot?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    Advancing with Rampant?

    Posted: 23 May 2021 03:54 AM PDT

    I got the bright idea to make my first real go at K2 and Rampant together, and I threw RSO in too for good measure. I was at least wise enough not to turn on Rampant's biter variants.

    I'm a bit stuck. Flamethrow turrets are doing a great job of keeping me safe, but I can hardly do anything without inviting wave after wave of biters. I'm advancing a rather small front forward (about 100 tiles) maybe 15 tiles each go. And then I have to wait for minutes as the biters keep streaming in, basically without pause.

    I'm pretty much done for considering I'm straight out of copper (and hence sooner or later repair packs), but I'm also not really sure where I went so wrong. The biters seemed to kind of suddenly jump from a bit aggressive to more or less attacking somewhere constantly, and then once I got that sorted it looked like I was facing a full on Death World in terms of expansions. Is it a matter of needing to push to artillery faster?

    submitted by /u/dfhfghr
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment