• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 25, 2021

    Factorio Introduced a friend to factorio last year, he gave me this for my birthday

    Factorio Introduced a friend to factorio last year, he gave me this for my birthday


    Introduced a friend to factorio last year, he gave me this for my birthday

    Posted: 25 May 2021 05:08 AM PDT

    You just cant make this stuff up...

    Posted: 24 May 2021 09:43 AM PDT

    Just came back

    Posted: 24 May 2021 07:58 PM PDT

    So, I stopped playing factorio for the last few months.

    Today I was a bit bored, and started it up again. Started playing, started wondering why I stopped in the first place.

    4 in the morning, I need to wake up to go to work in a couple hours. Ohhhh, NOW I remember....

    submitted by /u/Wyrmnax
    [link] [comments]

    Dancing bots

    Posted: 24 May 2021 08:49 AM PDT

    Building Purple science, Might have to make a u turn

    Posted: 24 May 2021 09:23 PM PDT

    Chemical (Blue) Science pack outpost 10.8k per minute (blueprint)

    Posted: 24 May 2021 02:03 PM PDT

    robo-rush but it's sushi ! (with upgrade and full beacons)

    Posted: 24 May 2021 10:34 PM PDT

    What do you think of my new starting base? :)

    Posted: 25 May 2021 07:42 AM PDT

    The CarBus

    Posted: 25 May 2021 07:28 AM PDT

    I feel like SE buildings are somehow sharing fluid systems

    Posted: 24 May 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    Can anyone tell me why I can't connect these pipes?

    Posted: 24 May 2021 01:14 PM PDT

    My take on the Kickstarter Base

    Posted: 24 May 2021 05:03 PM PDT

    Bob/Angels Water Washing Factory Part 1

    Posted: 25 May 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    Why am i not loosing track of time?

    Posted: 25 May 2021 03:11 AM PDT

    I always see a lot if postest that people are hooked and loosing track of time etc... I really like the game and i do thing of it while on the bike but i've never tought about it 24/7 and never had trouble to stop in time for bed or something else. Why am i different? xD

    submitted by /u/jippeM
    [link] [comments]

    I've started putting things into factory buildings, and here's my nuclear setup

    Posted: 24 May 2021 10:52 AM PDT

    cool

    Posted: 24 May 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    Missing Artillery remote on multiplayer

    Posted: 25 May 2021 06:48 AM PDT

    Hi all

    Been playing with some friends for a week online on our own server. We are quite far into the game and have researched Artillery but for some reason, we can't find/make the artillery remote. It does not appear in the inventory screen or in an assembler recipe selector but it does appear in the filter for the hotbar.

    Am I missing something?

    EDIT: Spidertron remote is missing too

    submitted by /u/Jakman27
    [link] [comments]

    Check my thoughts: vanilla train network logic

    Posted: 25 May 2021 06:43 AM PDT

    As the title says, I would like to automate my train network without installing LTN. I have some thoughts as to how to do it, but would like to let more experienced players check them for obvious (to them) flaws, or known better solutions.

    First the obvious setup:

    stations called "Iron in" and "Iron out" (or similar), with all the iron loading stations called "Iron in" and all the unloading stations "Iron out". With that, I could have trains running on a 2-station schedule from in (until full or inactive) to out (until empty or inactive). This might cause congestion issues when iron isn't (un)loaded fast enough and all trains gather at one type of station.

    Next, use that beautiful "train limit" feature. set it manually or via logic to a sensible number, and make sure not too many trains move towards any one station.

    So far, so good. The issue I'm imagining might crop up though is my network e.g. running out of useable iron mines temporarily, which would leave my trains stuck in the unloading stations after emptying their inventory because there's no free mine for them to move to. I would like my trains to be able to move out of the way in that situation.

    Possible solution: (I had more thoughts, but the others I came up with were clearly worse than this variant which I came up with while typing them out - classic rubber ducky!)

    • instead of a 2-station "load, unload, repeat" schedule I could add a parking/holding stop in between - "load, unload, park". Or probably better "load, park, unload, park".
      • problem: I think not available stations get skipped, so in the above scenario the trains would treat it as "park, unload, repeat" and needlessly circle around.
        • possible solution: send from each such station the train limit and the incoming/present trains to the logic network. Have the disembark condition for the parking/holding stop be "total train limit > incoming/present trains"
      • problem 2: this adds unnecessary trips to the parking stations if a train COULD just go directly from loading to unloading
        • possible solution: disable the parking stations entirely if "total train limit > incoming/present trains".
      • not a problem, more of an inconvenience: this approach means I'd have to build parking stations for each resource type I want to transport via train, otherwise I can't disable parking for copper trains if the iron trains don't need to run

    Your thoughts? Is this the way to do it, or should I just <obvious thing I overlooked>?

    Thanks for the feedback!

    submitted by /u/Sindalash
    [link] [comments]

    We did it! (Comfy Fish Defender wave 2000 victory)

    Posted: 24 May 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    A fluid loading and unloading block I made with 8 inputs that stack 24 trains and 4 outputs that stack 12 trains.

    Posted: 24 May 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    Looking for a mod that separates logistics and construction networks

    Posted: 25 May 2021 02:46 AM PDT

    For train grid base, I'd like a global construction network. I can't just take everything with me, seablock has way too many different building types. Same goes for passing items through the border of two networks.

    I'd also each cell to have its own isolated logistic network.

    You can almost do this in vanilla, but not without sacrificing lots of empty space, or using a massive grid size, or allowing the global cons net to leave the middle of the cell without service.

    In my order of preference:

    Does anyone know a mod that separates logistics and construction networks?

    If not, theb a mod that allows you to unlink roboports, similar to removing copper wire between power poles?

    If neither, then a mod where I can mess with logistic and construction zone sizes?

    submitted by /u/quizzer106
    [link] [comments]

    How to reduce pollution cloud

    Posted: 25 May 2021 02:30 AM PDT

    So It's my first time playing factorio, right now im in this constant cycle of running around trying to reduce the amount of biter nests due to attacks. I made my base in a desert which I didn't know effected pollution spread, I've set up my solar panels to run during the day and the steam engines to kick in at night but the cloud is still the same. I'm also trying to build walls outside the cloud. If i switch to fully solar how much of a cloud reduction will I get? Do the 20 steam engines I have contribute that much to the cloud?

    submitted by /u/NIN_D
    [link] [comments]

    Someone ELI5 how to make these 4 pumps fill up my train in a timely manner? Map says oil yield is at 255%, but tanks went from 'fill lightning fast' to 'sad trickle'.

    Posted: 24 May 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment