• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 6, 2021

    Factorio I couldn't get my train network working efficiently, so I scrapped it in favor of a few belts.

    Factorio I couldn't get my train network working efficiently, so I scrapped it in favor of a few belts.


    I couldn't get my train network working efficiently, so I scrapped it in favor of a few belts.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 09:57 PM PDT

    An even more compact 2 blue belts per wagon unloader

    Posted: 05 May 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    Highway to hell

    Posted: 05 May 2021 01:06 PM PDT

    Would you nuke a train station to prevent belt contamination?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    So there I was testing a new speed mod assembly plant set up and configured the train stations correctly, but due to a blue chip shortage I was getting impatient waiting.

    So I zoomed over the map, clicked on my blue chip train and ordered it over to the blue chip pick up for a temp stop and then a temp stop over to the blue chip drop off.

    It started to correctly unload blue chips but then I immediately noticed that it was unloading copper plates! it turned out I clicked too many pixels over and was using the copper plate train to do this.

    My immediate reaction in 0.1 seconds of noticing the contamination was to quickly switch to my rocket launcher and just nuke the entire station.

    In hindsight I should have just used the deconstruction planner but I found it kind of funny that my knee jerk reaction to belt contamination was to use a nuke, but hey I successfully prevented contamination so mission success? I don't know how many blue chips I lost

    What about you guys? Any funny stories involving belt contamination?

    submitted by /u/Caladbolg_Prometheus
    [link] [comments]

    18 full blue belts in the space of 12 belts

    Posted: 06 May 2021 03:33 AM PDT

    18 full blue belts in the space of 12 belts

    I don't know if somebody came with this idea before but when I was belt weaving for my HUB/MALL for my megabase, I came up with this:

    This trick works up to 9 full blue belts in the space of 6, more and you're constraint by the underground belt length of 8.

    18 full blue belts in the space of 12 belts

    submitted by /u/gamehero00X
    [link] [comments]

    How's the pollution over there on your shitty 'island paradise' with your shitty rock?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 03:17 PM PDT

    [IR2] 1kSPM from raw ore (interactive map in comments)

    Posted: 05 May 2021 11:52 PM PDT

    Everything is FINE

    Posted: 05 May 2021 12:02 PM PDT

    120 SPM science pack / Raw ore inputs... Now with rockets!

    Posted: 05 May 2021 10:14 AM PDT

    Use useless crap to make not useless things?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 05:57 AM PDT

    Is there a mod that incorporates the useless processing machines into the recipes for the newer ones? Like stone furnaces are cute, but I use them for like 2 hours when I start before shifting to steel. Steel furnaces are cool, but they eventually become wasted space or nuke target practice once I get the electricity to run electric furnaces. Same for the burner mining drill.

    And chests... And poles...

    I just think an alternative upgrade path to make use of them would be nice, it also makes the game more complicated, and complicated is... fun?

    I remember someone telling me this game was inspired by BC and IC2 mods from Minecraft. And in those mods your furnaces and the like are upgradeable to the higher tier in an alternative albeit (if I remember correctly) more expensive recipe.

    I just started a new game and with my experience I'm more encouraged to min-max speed my way through the game to get to end stage items instead of playing with the stuff you start with and build what you want to with slot in upgrades down the line. I just end up with a few abandoned bases that I disconnect and let rot before I get to where I want to be.

    submitted by /u/cav754
    [link] [comments]

    A couple of Rockets in Space Exploration + Krastorio 2. I'm trying to build as clean as possible, while not being too slow to progress ^^

    Posted: 06 May 2021 01:19 AM PDT

    First attempt at Space Exploration, here's my rocket science pack setup. It works, so I'm happy with it.

    Posted: 06 May 2021 04:13 AM PDT

    I'm new-ish (about 20 hrs). How lucky is this?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 05:45 AM PDT

    Is there an option in Factorio for conditional train stops.

    Posted: 06 May 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    I am kind of new to the game (60hrs) and I wonder if there are conditional train stop conditions you can set.

    Applications that come to mind right now would be like... having one refuling spot in the system and trains only go to that station when their fuel counter is below 15.

    Another one would be suppling outposts with repair packs, robots and oil (I play deathworld because I dont like easy megabases) with a specific train that just has these things loaded and goes there once one of the values in an outpost fall below a certain threshold.

    Yet another application would be having a train run its cycle and after that be inactive until a certain threshold is the circut system is reached.

    submitted by /u/Lockenheada
    [link] [comments]

    Is it time for Power Armor MK3 (and other end game quandaries)

    Posted: 06 May 2021 07:57 AM PDT

    I'm at the point in my game where I am spending 98% of my time expanding to new outposts that are extremely far away. I would love to have some more end-game upgrades to facilitate the exponential increase in materials required to advance any further.

    i.e.:

    • Power Armor MK3
    • Spidertron MK2
    • Personal Laser Defense MK2
    • Personal Roboport MK3
    • Logistics Robot MK2 (higher battery capacity?)
    • Construction Robot MK2 (higher battery capacity?)

    Etc., etc.

    I'm sure there are mods that do this, but I'd like to continue my vanilla game with more things to aim for that have tangible benefits to the super late game. Wouldn't matter if the cost was extremely high; at least it'd be something more to work toward.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/screen317
    [link] [comments]

    Most elegant solution I could come up with to core fragments XD

    Posted: 05 May 2021 08:23 PM PDT

    So i went nuclear.... a bit...

    Posted: 06 May 2021 03:31 AM PDT

    So i went nuclear.... a bit...

    Hello community!

    So for my newest project "Gigabase" i did build a cute tiny little nuclear plant and named it "Tchernobyl".

    \"maintenance aerea\"

    there is STILL some space.... damn coal & oil in the way....

    Stats so far:

    72 Gigawatt power

    460 reactors

    >12,000 turbines

    a bazillion or gazillion pumps, water pipes, wires, heat pipes, boilers and other stuff`n things. I lost my cat in there.

    Mods: Inlandpumps which i cosider gamebreaking, others mostly QOL and optics. Impossible to get enough water for my 640 water pumps without this mod. Well i have done it before on smaller scale, pure vanilla... but landfilling such a badonkadonk into an ocean is a PITA.

    current usage: 38 GW, 33 of them just for 67,000 beacons (building 12/12). done with most of the stuff, still have to do white science & rocket things.

    lots of opitimisation to do,worst UPS drop was on 13 FPS/UPS. Redone my entire smelting to reduce train traffic.

    PS: I hope Block 4 will make it through the pandemia... it had some hickups lately. eveything will be fine....

    submitted by /u/Draggy1968
    [link] [comments]

    What should I have in my main bus?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 06:40 AM PDT

    After a few extremely shitty playthroughs I managed to use buses effectively.

    Now, I'm not 100% sure of what should go on the bus and what shouldn't.

    My current main bus has iron plates, copper plates, steel and coal. Afterwards, I added green circuits, stone blocks, plastic, sulfur and red circuits.

    I don't know if I should've kept the stone or plastic, and I'm pretty sure that there should be gears too. Thing is, some important things need those barely-used items, like stone blocks for walls/electric furnaces to make science packs, or coal for plastic and grenades.

    On the other hand, some items are just used once, like stone for rails or iron ore for concrete, which I'm also not sure how to handle.

    Tldr, what do I put in my main bus and how do I deal with things that are used very few times?

    Btw I already have construction bots and a lot of assembly machines/belts, so tearing everything down and rebuilding is a viable option.

    submitted by /u/ElXablauNuclear
    [link] [comments]

    Searching for a mod to find remaining resources in mines?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 06:13 AM PDT

    I've been searching but I've come up with nothing. Are there any mods that could tell me how many resources I have left available in my mines? If it doesn't exist, I have half a mind to try and make one myself.

    For context, I've got a 1k spm base going in Krastorio2, but with dozens of mines hooked up between 9 different raw resources it is hard to tell which resource I will need more of next.

    submitted by /u/Dawn-fire
    [link] [comments]

    Is stopping/slowing pollution important? Or should I just deal with the bitters?

    Posted: 06 May 2021 05:59 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment