• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 31, 2020

    Factorio Here's a rhombic lane swapper. This one's for 4 lanes, but it should work for any amount as long as it's properly expanded

    Factorio Here's a rhombic lane swapper. This one's for 4 lanes, but it should work for any amount as long as it's properly expanded


    Here's a rhombic lane swapper. This one's for 4 lanes, but it should work for any amount as long as it's properly expanded

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:28 AM PST

    I tried to create a minimalist screenshot of base I made with my friend. Whatever it ended up being I like it a lot!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:15 PM PST

    Modified Screenshots

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 03:56 AM PST

    My first presentable base "The Hive" (1k SPM, LTN, Loaders, Merge-Chests) after years of on-and-off playing (470hrs).

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:43 AM PST

    I just got Factorio today and I already love it!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:47 PM PST

    When your Homies realize just how much steel 1000SPM requires

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:00 AM PST

    Thank you for previous feedback! Stackable Construction Robot Factory V2

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 03:40 AM PST

    Go big or...?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 05:33 PM PST

    Go big or...?

    Hi... I'm a little bit of a lurker... I'm stupid nervous about not posting right, but thought I'd make an attempt...

    Some details about me - 3113 hours played (as of this post), been playing since I believe 0.11.

    Details on the map for you:

    • Unmodded, straight up 1.0 Vanilla. I used to play bleeding edge, but have held short for this map.
    • 100% nuclear power. The only solar is in use on the spidertrons guarding the perimeter. Nothing against solar... ok well everything against it. Steam turbines sound cooler than solar panels. Sorry.
    • 1.4 GW active use when I fire up science. No efficiency mods. I like big numbers and I cannot lie.
    • I am not good with calculating SPM to appease you internet dwellers, and I need to work on balancing the production - some I can make 600/m, others only 200/m. I play the game to play...
    • Remote mines use logistics to load the trains, each mine is using around 1k logistics bots and no belts. Only using belts on mines in the logistics perimeter since bot logic =! efficient.
    • Active bot count at any given time is approximately 50k across both kinds, but heavily logistics (98%)
    • My UPS is having a fun time... My CPU is a Ryzen 7 3700x, and even when I isolate the game to the fastest cores in my system, I'm getting a nominal of about 35 at the moment.
    • I started this map on a server install, I'm an IT guy by trade, and I had to migrate off the server when my map was pushing the i7 2600k to the limit. The map is around 250 hours old as of this post, I moved it over at around 200.
    • 6 Rocket silos, not quite 1 RPM, but I'm trying to get there.

    I'm stupid nervous, but thought you might like to see what this weird long hour folk do...

    https://preview.redd.it/43fclp7xef861.jpg?width=2048&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=241234528f9d378cc45a3b844b152683f2575088

    https://preview.redd.it/lizp7x7xef861.jpg?width=2048&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=53305395057c358efaf3b5a94f8e5cbae72c7189

    submitted by /u/NearlySoulless
    [link] [comments]

    Happy New Year! Here's some semi-fancy circuitry instead of fireworks.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 08:38 AM PST

    Anyone launching rockets as fireworks?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 06:44 AM PST

    I know everyone has different time zones.. So is anyone launching.or launched a rocket to celebrate the new years?

    submitted by /u/thin_king_kong
    [link] [comments]

    After 363 Hrs for gameplay, I finally beat the game in vanilla.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 08:14 PM PST

    First playthrough....

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:06 AM PST

    Help: Not all steam engines are generating power. Why?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:55 AM PST

    My 40 spm, 5 hour rocket launch base

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 07:24 PM PST

    Second attempt with cityblocks

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:15 AM PST

    First successful rocket launch.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:54 AM PST

    First successful rocket launch.

    My first successful base has made it in time for the new year and i am happy with the result.

    Been playing for 200 hours and this is the result of my 4 factory too make it happened and it worked.

    Ps. Got lazy with yellow science and will fix later. The factory will grow.

    https://preview.redd.it/aef7vkn23j861.jpg?width=5964&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4198337f627b666368a9b5bc13bf3c6de0c4dd2e

    submitted by /u/Yuma_Jr
    [link] [comments]

    Enemies in Factorio

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:40 AM PST

    Hi,

    I played Factorio a few years ago with some friends but haven't played since then. I have just purchased the game and I am going to start a single player world. For my first playthrough, I am considering turning enemies off altogether so I can just focus on the game and learn without worrying about biters. Are there any reasons why I shouldn't that will affect my experience/playthrough?

    Thank you in advance,

    LHButler

    submitted by /u/LHButler
    [link] [comments]

    Basic circuitry for balancers - I'm trying to make small and simple balancers, and I came up with this. They're easy to upscale (you just build a bigger "X"), and they seem to be performing as well as the regular ones, as long as you space the belts properly.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:30 AM PST

    Bird island(modded)

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:49 AM PST

    How to efficiently clean up remains of a base?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:38 AM PST

    I'm playing currently peaceful krastorio 2 run of Factorio and having a lot of fun. My next step, after unlocking bots and express belts, is to basically wipe out my old factory entirely and start building a block-based megabase layout (possibly hexagonal, but probably octagonal with smaller squares to fill the spaces).

    Biggest hurdle I currently have is to get rid of the remains of the old base. My power production is luckily far away from the old base and is in no way dependent on it (just gas power close to oil production with logic that guarantees no clogging).

    My current plan is to build bunch of radars to cover all of it, use deconstruction tool and highlight everything and build a jungle of big electric poles & roboports so that robots will deconstruct everything. Only foreseeable problem with this is that deconstructing the poles with roboports will still remain as a hassle because the bots will eventually get stuck, right? On the other hand, I do have enough bots to deconstruct every pole & port at once + their battery power is enough to cover the whole trip (10MW) in one go, so maybe they won't get stuck?

    Any tips on this?

    submitted by /u/dulcetcigarettes
    [link] [comments]

    My sulfur and sulfur-related manufacturing unit! Not sure if the production ratio is right but at least it's something I guess

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:33 AM PST

    How do I play Factorio?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:15 AM PST

    I love this game. The problem is: how to play it? Everytime I start I think I'm trying to go too big too soon. No matter if I play with biters on. So how should I start? I know you can go huge in this game, but I also think that first you need some sort of "first steps". I have already over 400 hours in Factorio and yet I haven't beaten the game even once. Any tips?

    submitted by /u/sherlock-holmes221b
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment