• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 30, 2020

    Factorio Version 0.18.38

    Factorio Version 0.18.38


    Version 0.18.38

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    Graphics

    • Improved the blueprint grid visualisation, so it shows a rectangle instead of just the corners.
    • Added blueprint grid visualisation when building in the world.

    Bugfixes

    • Fixed cleaning ghost cursor. more
    • Fixed crash when clicking a blueprint book upgrade slot with an upgrade planner in hand.
    • Fixed navigating in a blueprint book item when opened directly from a quickbar. more
    • Fixed that it was possible to put book into itself using hand->swap and clean cursor.
    • Fixed that the hand functionality didn't work properly for gun and ammo and gave misleading error messages in some cases.
    • Fixed "slice" property of animation definition was interpreted as dicing parameter, possibly causing large memory allocations. more
    • Fixed that grabbing gun/ammo, swapping it with some other item in the inventory and pressing Q, gave a message of inventory full, instead of the item in cursor not being returnable to the hand location
    • Fixed that Internal inventory stack transfer messages weren't specific enough, or not present at all.

    Modding

    • Renamed sprite and animation properties for sprite dicing from "slice", "slice_x" and "slice_y" to "dice", "dice_x" and "dice_y", because "slice" collided with property of rotated animation definition used for defining spritesheet sliced into multiple files. Sprite dicing is a technique of chopping large sprite into smaller ones to improve packing in sprite atlas.

    Scripting

    • Fixed a typo (per vs pre) in the on_pre_permission_group_deleted event name.

    Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

    submitted by /u/FactorioTeam
    [link] [comments]

    Updated my rail prints with the new grid locking feature. It is absolutely amazing.

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    This is why Wube is #1

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:02 PM PDT

    City Block Steel Smelter

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 03:27 AM PDT

    I took a large screenshot(15360x8640) of my base and got such an interesting glitch

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    "its just the first 15 minutes of the game, turrets are beyond not priority". 30 seconds later:

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    Decided to experiment with a different kind of wall this time around. Don't have a lot of behemoths yet but so far so good. :)

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    I've finished the first technology age for a modpack I'm working on

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    I've finished the first technology age for a modpack I'm working on

    I spent the last two months on a modpack and I've finally finished the first age of technology, the steam age.

    The pack is called Recursion, and the premise is that you can only build on a tiny 16x16 space. The only way to gain more area is to place Factorissimo buildings inside of each other.

    Starting area

    As you might have guessed, the idea came from Zisteau's series where he tries to do the same thing with vanilla recipes.

    I really wanted something like a FTB modpack in Factorio. A modpack that was more than just sharing a list of your favorite mods. A modpack where every recipe and machine was there because it had a purpose.

    The early game's progression is mostly supplied by Amator Phasma's Coal and Steam, with supporting roles from Angel's Refining and PY Coal Processing.

    Start by using the items you have on you to grow trees, and you will soon tech into processing water for the tiny bits of iron. This continues until you have something like this for a base

    Pre- Factorissimo

    It's time to move into a Factorissimo, destroy all of your old buildings and enjoy 30x30 tiles of real estate.In this first age, you don't actually have access to factory recursion technology which means you cannot exceed a certain size for your base. This leads to a very interesting property: spaghetti factories actually become the most viable since you want processes to take the least amount of space possible.

    I'm on the tail end of the steam age for my third balancing playthrough. I'm about to move into the electric age. Here are some base screenshots

    Power room

    This is the power room. Here I am refining wood into wood pellets into wood bricks into charcoal. The charcoal is used by boilers and all the burner machines in the base. I am also using the windmills from Texugo Wind Generator to generate electrical power.

    Iron room

    Here is the iron room. It used to be the copper and iron room... until I removed copper from the pack. As I mentioned before, the method to obtain basic metals in this pack is to process water into mud and then into the angel's ores. I had to scale the number of mud centrifuges three times to match the demand for science.

    There is actually a more advanced chain to produce iron plates, but I ran out of space to build the extra machines.

    Science room

    Possibly the most spaghetti room yet. The whole area is dedicated to producing the two science packs needed to unlock red science; industrial science and steam science.

    Outside

    And here is the outside area. You could technically fit 4 factory buildings on this land, but then there would be no room for belt connections.

    One of the unique concepts in this modpack are "challenge technologies". Challenge technologies are extremely expensive techs at the end of each age that are meant to give the player enough time to fully utilize all the tools that the given age provides for them, before they tech into something better.The steam challenge requires 2000 science packs

    I really tried to stop the game from feeling grindy. I removed lots of chains that didn't feel fun, and I had to adjust pretty much every machine recipe that was too difficult

    If you are curious, my playtime in this world is 27 hours and the time that I had before I moved into a Factorissimo building was around 2 and a half hours.

    modlist

    submitted by /u/micromario1
    [link] [comments]

    holy fuck

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    I literally just redid my entire factory 4 times in a row after realizing new ways to route my ores i played 14 hours straight without realizing how much time passed what the fucj

    submitted by /u/Louishylandscott
    [link] [comments]

    Feature wish: Allow escaping alignment for grid aligned blueprints

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    This feature wish goes for devs, to allow escaping the grid alignment by e.g. holding shift, alt or any other suitable button down. The reason is simply to allow using gridded blueprint books with existing bases. For example when gridded rail system book is being used with existing base, it's impossible to use that book if it doesn't align with your existing rail network. Alignment escape is also a standard solution in many other apps which have some sort of alignment implemented, so many users are already familiar with the technique.

    In previous posts there has been discussion of offsetting the grid center point which would also fix this issue. Though if that setting would be global to all books, we may still encounter some issues with alignment.

    Options seem to be:

    1) Allow escaping alignment while holding a button down

    2) Allow offsetting alignment center point globally (affects each book)

    3) Allow offsetting alignment center point per book

    What do you think that is the best solution for the alignment issue?

    submitted by /u/TheRealDealMealSeal
    [link] [comments]

    Vitally Important Rail Factory Module - Wood to Steam Unit

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:46 AM PDT

    Radar range increase research

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 02:26 AM PDT

    Now that we can build blueprints from map view can we also please have a way to increase radar range in vanilla. I really want to build my train track blueprints from map but limited range of radars really limit that. I know there are mods (like Big Brother or some mod packs adding other tiers of radar) but I'd really like some vanilla solution to this.

    submitted by /u/sinsiliux
    [link] [comments]

    what are the odds of getting that randomly generated train station name:D

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    3rd Game, Layout Is Looking Way Cleaner :)

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    Is it intended that blueprints apply circuit conditions even before you've researched it?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 07:14 AM PDT

    I've noticed if I take a blueprint that I created later in a game, which has circuit conditions limiting amounts in chests, and place it in a new world where I haven't researched circuit network yet, the limits apply.

    Is this intended behaviour, or is it a bug? I'm not sure whether it's worth me having a basic blueprint that uses chest slots to limit, and an "overlay" blueprint that applies the circuit logic. If the current behaviour is intended, then obviously there's no point doing that - just use circuit logic from the start!

    submitted by /u/pf_moore
    [link] [comments]

    My third time automating red and green science, much more organised than my other attempts but still somewhat spaghetti

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:50 AM PDT

    Base building/management games to play while in a break from Factorio?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    I generally take 1-2 hour breaks from Factorio. I just started a new base and the early game research takes too long and I take more breaks. (Pretty sure those breaks won't be as frequent when I find some oil and get blue science.)

    I need another base building and management game kinda similar to Factorio to fill in those breaks so I can be addicted to two games at once.

    The only game I just can't get into is RimWorld. The beginning felt way too slow and I couldn't push through the initial learning curve.

    I have an eye on Oxygen Not Included. Looks really fun and the concept is nice.

    What are your suggestions? Which games do you play when you are in a break from Factorio?

    submitted by /u/-Trazula-
    [link] [comments]

    About halfway through my game I learned of the "Main Bus" concept...

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    I fear this could go on for a while...

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:45 AM PDT

    My new 1K/m Blue Science Sub Factory

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 05:23 AM PDT

    My new 1K/m Blue Science Sub Factory

    Have been looking for an improved design to fuel my Rocket Control unit need. Requirements was belt based, and drawing base materials only (Copper/Iron/Coal/Stone/Water). This is what I have come up with thus far.

    Inputs 8 Blue belt Copper, 7 Blue Belt Iron, and 1 Red Belt Coal. 20K/m Petroleum and 9k/m of Water.

    Edit : Added the Coal liquefaction plant to turn 1 Blue belt of coal into 20K/m of petroleum from coal liquefaction!

    https://preview.redd.it/4njq2av340e51.png?width=1311&format=png&auto=webp&s=7a3b32370c55a1c6c0f0d8d063a867aaf44a01b7

    submitted by /u/MrBadDragon
    [link] [comments]

    This water was so happy to see me

    Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:58 AM PDT

    How well is Factorio gonna run on my Surface Laptop 3 min spec? Not planning on any huge mega bases or anything. I haven’t even gotten past purple juice yet.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    Please Help! How do you get rid of unwanted bi-products from Advanced Oil Processing?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    Advanced Oil Processing produces heavy oil, light oil and petroleum gas. I have tried to use all 3 products but one of them always seems to get backed up, halting the production of the other 2 products. I am stuck and this is preventing me from advancing into the game! Please help.

    submitted by /u/theaveragecompromise
    [link] [comments]

    dunno about you guys, but there needs to be an easier way to adjust the reference point of blueprints...

    Posted: 30 Jul 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment