• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 5, 2020

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread


    Weekly Question Thread

    Posted: 04 May 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Ask any questions you might have.

    Post your bug reports on the Official Forums


    Previous Threads


    Subreddit rules

    Discord server (and IRC)

    Find more in the sidebar ---->

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Modded Factorio is a wild ride (Bobs/Angels mod)

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:49 AM PDT

    I love my Artillerytrains

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:44 AM PDT

    It's time to play Why Would You Do That. The gameshow where we look at a design and ask "Why would you do that?"

    Posted: 04 May 2020 11:47 PM PDT

    Just gonna leave this here

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:23 PM PDT

    My heart stopped when train arrived.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    This setup i made during my lazy bastard run

    Posted: 05 May 2020 02:44 AM PDT

    I built a programmable LED display. It can display any text you want and can be scaled to any size! If someone is interested in the electronics i'll make and upload a blueprintbook.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    3GW (2x10) nuclear plant

    Posted: 05 May 2020 07:39 AM PDT

    3GW (2x10) nuclear plant

    I'm planning a base using 500spm just-add-ore modular research units. These use about 2.7GW, plus mining outposts probably about 3GW. So, I wanted a 3GW nuke plant

    Overall picture:

    https://preview.redd.it/yrmsdbj2eyw41.png?width=1429&format=png&auto=webp&s=a6e7f38b9c20a6dbdb497f8df4566e563fbbc4cf

    Reactor core:

    Nothing fancy: 2x10 reactors, fed by bots, no smarts, and surrounded by heat pipes. 2x10 is too long to span with roboports from the side, so squeezed in one top and bottom.

    I considered belt-feeding, but would want to have roboport coverage for building anyway, so decided I couldn't be bothered.

    I'm not sure of good theory about how many heat pipes are needed, but the double pipes between banks are certainly needed and the 4 pipes feeding the banks and the 7 pipes on the side of the core seem necessary to allow the last exchangers to get enough heat (but even at 10x game speed it takes so long to stabilize that I did not test all possible configurations)

    https://preview.redd.it/ctawe7wghyw41.png?width=2713&format=png&auto=webp&s=f6708c1c689978acc2ac662ece4e081a8be7bc02

    Heat exchangers:

    2x10 reactors give 3.04 GW heat, consumed by 8 generator banks of 38 heat exchangers. I did not want to have too much piping between exchangers and turbines, and wanted to stay close to optimal ratios. The design below seemed a good compromise: with 38 exchangers to 65 turbines it is only 0.3 turbine short from the optimal ratio. I assume heat comes from the left, with only 16 exchangers on the outgoing heat pipe the heat can still reach the last exchangers at some distance from the core.

    https://preview.redd.it/q7trn2skhyw41.png?width=762&format=png&auto=webp&s=4c0557caf43f1db6881e34b5d405b203374e0923

    Water:

    Each bank requires 2x1958/s water. This can be pumped with 3 pipes between pumps which is doable. I assume that there is a lake on one side of the reactor, pump up the water with 8x2x2=32 offshore pumps and pump it to the exchangers:

    https://preview.redd.it/esm9os7lgyw41.png?width=384&format=png&auto=webp&s=ec95b370353199b231c914f524df35ef656bd1fd

    To make the whole setup a bit more compact, I shaved off two turbines off the corners so I could route the pipes for bank 2 and 3 there:

    https://preview.redd.it/rvhqe4srgyw41.png?width=1642&format=png&auto=webp&s=e5618f89dc2d8cf3a6559a176f5b36cccabcf6ae

    This put the whole plant at a 304:516 ratio, where 304:422.4 would be optimal. Since the space next to the reactors is mostly useless, I add 6 turbines there, bringing to whole plant to within spitting distance of the optimal ratio. You can easily add another turbine, but I enjoyed the symmetry more than the extra 2MW.

    https://preview.redd.it/ewkxrnl4hyw41.png?width=598&format=png&auto=webp&s=ca8fd090c3e0c09e986801f05ce7805870141b66

    Proof of the pudding:

    https://preview.redd.it/utbwilhlkyw41.png?width=1567&format=png&auto=webp&s=93aaf2e82115893e7068b93e95a8154d504de1c4

    (of course, you don't see whether it's the full 3.04 GW. However, each pump pumps exactly 1958/s. Water use of 19 heat exchangers is 19 * 500 / 291 * 60 = 1958.76, so it cannot be far off.

    Blueprint: https://factorioprints.com/view/-M6_Gov59krnIDFM3B4K. This includes the pumps, you might want to keep that separate so you can be a bit more flexible in where the water comes from.

    submitted by /u/vanatteveldt
    [link] [comments]

    Train base I've built to help expand outward. These walls work wonders!

    Posted: 04 May 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    This took a while, but I finally tapped it in...

    Posted: 04 May 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    I just crashed in this strange place... I don't think I'm ever leaving, or sleeping again.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    QOL suggestion: I would like a way to temporarily override my personal logistics request to match a blueprint

    Posted: 05 May 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    I have an outpost blueprint that requires a lot of items, 1k rails, 1k belts, 500 undergrounds, etc..Its getting annoying to keep changing the numbers on my personal logistics requests manually every time i want to build a new outpost. I had the idea to help. Perhaps add a small slot near the personal roboport toggle. You can drop a copy of a blueprint there and it would temporarily increase your requested amounts of those items until the blueprint slot was cleared with middle click.

    submitted by /u/GoldenShadowGS
    [link] [comments]

    Ceci n'est pas une pipe

    Posted: 04 May 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    I like to launch them all at once

    Posted: 05 May 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    Uranium Processing and Kovarex Setup for Krastorio 2

    Posted: 05 May 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Bus for red and green science, Pyanodon Alien Life

    Posted: 04 May 2020 06:04 PM PDT

    extract all recipes and dump into text file

    Posted: 05 May 2020 07:31 AM PDT

    Hi.

    Is there a way to extract all recipes from the game and dump them in a text file in some machine readable format?

    I want to program a calculator but for modded, so I can't use the base recipe calculator.

    I think this should be possible via some lua script?

    submitted by /u/INTPWulf
    [link] [comments]

    loving my krastorio2 + transport drones playthrough

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:41 AM PDT

    I'm ~30 hours in krastorio2 + transport drones map, and I'm loving it so far.

    Krastorio2 adds complexity, but it's not totally insane like pyanodons. Overall I would say the number of recipes is 2-3x the base game.

    The transport drones are awesome. I play a city block style (one block is exactly sized so that I can put 9 roboports in the middle and the logistic zone won't overlap with neighbor blocks), and the drones handle all the transportation between blocks.

    Gonna have to say they are probably a little bit OP, as they require only very little fuel, and they don't collide with each other so with just a 4 tile street you can get very high throughput between blocks.

    So I basically train in resources, and then the logistics in my base are handled with the transport drones.

    That way I have a very modular base, and it's very easy to change/refactor single modules

    e.g. yesterday I researched logistic robots and completely refactored my mall to them.

    I also play with biters enabled, also with expansion, but I just changed the evolution speed to very slow, and also the expansion to very slow.

    In the past I played mostly railworld style, without biter expansion, but I have to say, with expansion it's much more fun.

    Railworld is almost the same as peaceful, as you can always clear the biter nests before the pollution hits them, so you never need to build actual defenses.

    But with the biter expansion enabled, I have to build defenses, and secure areas that I have cleared, which is more fun in my opinion.

    And also it puts a little bit of pressure on me to be efficient, which is required I think.

    submitted by /u/INTPWulf
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make FARL work with parallel tracks?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 08:55 AM PDT

    It's annoying that I have to manually update tracks if I want to get FARL working on 2/2 way tracks. Did anyone find workaround to force regular signals?

    submitted by /u/DiabloII
    [link] [comments]

    Space Exploration mod. Is there are Goal?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    Hi guys.

    I started expansion into space in this mod. I noticed in the mod description that this mod has no goal. Therefore, I assume that the player sets the goal for himself (as it was in vanilla).

    So, I have a question for those who have already tried this mod. What goals did you set in this mod ? Production capacity ? Or something different?

    submitted by /u/iezyby
    [link] [comments]

    PLEASE HELP ME (stucked in mid game)

    Posted: 05 May 2020 07:41 AM PDT

    Sorry for my English

    Ok, this is my history, I created my first serious world in factorio, I automated the blue science and then I killed all the spitters in my base area, but then, when I was starting the creation of the yellow science packs I realized that the bitters were evolving and approaching to my base, but I didn't care about it, now each (literally) 90 seconds, a alarm apears in a side of my hotbar saying that my iron recollection module is been attacking and I have to go by foot or by car to solve the problem and I can't advance my factory. ¿What should I do?

    (Note: I tried to put turrets but the spitters projectiles cross my walls)

    submitted by /u/Artbyte18
    [link] [comments]

    What's a good site for hosting a server?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    I've seen a few sites around the place that offer server hosting for the game. I've also heard that some or a lot of these sites can be a bit dodgy when it comes to cancelling your subscription.

    Which site would you guys reccomend?

    submitted by /u/Mufasa_the_King
    [link] [comments]

    nice

    Posted: 05 May 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment