• Breaking News

    Monday, May 4, 2020

    Factorio Unpopular opinion: We should really be referring to megabases as kilobases, since kilo- is the appropriate prefix for a base that produces 1,000 SPM or more. Change my mind.

    Factorio Unpopular opinion: We should really be referring to megabases as kilobases, since kilo- is the appropriate prefix for a base that produces 1,000 SPM or more. Change my mind.


    Unpopular opinion: We should really be referring to megabases as kilobases, since kilo- is the appropriate prefix for a base that produces 1,000 SPM or more. Change my mind.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:37 PM PDT

    Mini Factory

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:03 AM PDT

    I feel judged.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    Factorio consumes real power

    Posted: 03 May 2020 10:28 PM PDT

    I just had a thought - The bigger your factory is, the more units on belts etc, the more your CPU/GPU has to work, and therefore consumes more power.

    The lamps you put around your Factorio consumes real power.

    I'm thinking of logging my PC consumption on a new game vs end game, and see how much actual power the Factorio consumes.

    submitted by /u/DIYglenn
    [link] [comments]

    “Are there videos I can watch?” asks my foolish friend

    Posted: 03 May 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    My Super-Mall

    Posted: 04 May 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    Wouldn't it be nice if we could ctrl-click replace all modules?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Circuit based input balancer

    Posted: 04 May 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    So I bought this game 2 days ago. I was super proud of my first Green/Red science setup... until I made my next one.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 10:23 AM PDT

    How to precent brownout spiral (coal -> boiler version)

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    Correction: title should say prevent, not precent.

    Brownout spiral: when a small power shortage causes a spiral leading to blackout, due to insuficient power for coal miners and inserters at the boilers.

    If you have a separate power network for the mines and inserters that supply coal to the boilers (and that power is sufficient) your power plant will keep producing maximum power, even if the rest of your base has slightly insuficient power, not leading to the brownout spiral.

    Numbers:

    • steam engine produces 900 kW
    • electric mine consumes 90 kW
    • inserter consumes 13 kW

    Example:

    • 30 mines for 64 boilers with 128 engines requires 90×30+13×64 =3532 kW. 3532/900 = 3,9 engines = 2 boilers = 1 miner's supply of coal

    So in this example, a full yellow belt of coal supplies 64 boilers, the power of which goes to your base. If you add 1 miner, that separately supplies 2 boilers with 4 engines, and you use that power just for all the coal miners and inserters, to prevent brownout spiral. Don;t connect these power lines with the power that comes from the 'main' steam engines and connects to the base.

    https://imgur.com/a/ivfZrCp

    submitted by /u/promnv
    [link] [comments]

    New way to place a blueprint

    Posted: 04 May 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I love using blueprint, do you? :^)

    But my blueprint are getting bigger than my screen. Is there a way to place a blueprint by picking it on the left or right? top or bottom? or even corner? Instead of the middle

    If the anwser is no, is there an existing mod for such a thing?

    Love from Frizzorio

    submitted by /u/FrizzJack
    [link] [comments]

    I think this icon is a great place to hide the wube logo

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:37 PM PDT

    uh oh spaghettio is this kind of set up common? i see so many bus bases but just cant seem to see it working for me lol

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    How do you split research evenly between all labs?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 03:37 AM PDT

    Hello! I'm really new to this game and I'm wondering if it's possible to split all of my science between the labs to make things more efficient.

    submitted by /u/atombombbaby69
    [link] [comments]

    Base constantly being attacked

    Posted: 03 May 2020 11:49 PM PDT

    I tried the demo and I was hooked so I bought it and continued on my save, I haven't got very far yet in almost at Green science. My base keeps getting destroyed because groups of over 15 biters are repeatedly coming to my base, how can I stop this because 5 turrets all around were not enough

    submitted by /u/pjjiveturkey
    [link] [comments]

    Probably a FAQ, but can someone give me a detailed explanation what SPM means?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    Anyone ever turn this game on in excitement of starting a new map because your old one(s) are fucked just to get to the loading screen and just generate seeds over and over again? Starting again when you haven't played in a bit always seems so daunting.

    Posted: 03 May 2020 05:31 PM PDT

    Graphviz in the service of Factorio

    Posted: 03 May 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I've written a post about the way I use (or rather exploit) Graphviz to prepare initial sketches for various parts of my factories:

    https://stdout.pwychowaniec.com/posts/factorio-graphviz-pt1/

    Hope you find it useful :-)

    submitted by /u/Patryk27
    [link] [comments]

    How do you make the transition from the first big base to a megafactory?

    Posted: 04 May 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    So when I try to grow my factory I almost always do a main bus, I launch my first rockets and then I start the transition to a megabase. The problem is that almost always it feels boring becasue is not really a transition but a "leave my old base and start a new one". Starting with all the structures from zero, building from red science, green circuits...

    I would like some ideas about how to make my base grow more organically, maintaining all working. Do you change the size of trains? Do you move parts of the factory?

    Edit: Seems that some people misunderstood my question. I know more or less what a megafactory is and the concepts of city blocks. My question is more focused on how to make the transition from big to mega. My point is not to simply abandon the big base to build from zero a new one (at least for me is boring), but to make grow what is built.

    submitted by /u/ferranferri
    [link] [comments]

    Please help restoring power to my base

    Posted: 04 May 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    My whole game (main and outposts) is powered by one nuclear reactor near uranium outpost. Since it is far from water a train delivers water from a dedicated water outpost. The problem is, due to some bad railroad refactoring an empty water train went in a completely wrong direction. So now my uranium outpost does not have water for steam turbines, there is no electricity at all to power train pumps in water outpost to fill the train, let alone electricity to later offload these water from train to steam turbines. How can I deliver water to restart steam turbines without building 50+ steam engine array to restart my base?

    submitted by /u/InkyPinkie
    [link] [comments]

    Returning Player - Looking for Advice

    Posted: 04 May 2020 03:42 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment