• Breaking News

    Friday, May 8, 2020

    Factorio Friday Facts #346 - He who does nothing, breaks nothing

    Factorio Friday Facts #346 - He who does nothing, breaks nothing


    Friday Facts #346 - He who does nothing, breaks nothing

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    Playing it loose with the definition of "modular rail grid"

    Posted: 07 May 2020 06:40 PM PDT

    I just realized how graphically unappealing this game is to most people.

    Posted: 07 May 2020 08:41 PM PDT

    My mother (45, never played a game before) randomly asked me if I need money to get a better PC, I asked why she would think that considering she's not a tech savvy person.

    She said "Cause all I see you play is this ugly looking game, I thought maybe your PC can't run anything else "

    I started then showing her my base and how cool and convoluted this game actually is but after 5 minutes I realized she was gone and I was talking to myself..

    Anyway I'm thinking of disowning her.

    submitted by /u/Rolph133
    [link] [comments]

    Closest call I've ever had. Not sure how I survived this one.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    Draw a fence around separate power networks, to prevent accidental merges.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 04:39 AM PDT

    The assembly machine 3 is smaller in the detail view

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:38 AM PDT

    Taste the rainbow! (2.7k SPM)

    Posted: 07 May 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Need more UPS? Check this chart for best CPU!

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:58 AM PDT

    [Cheat] Freeplay deepwater bordered starter base map modifier

    Posted: 08 May 2020 04:24 AM PDT

    One week later (about U-238 versus U-235)

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:10 AM PDT

    This is a screenshot that was proudly shared by me and 2 friends during our first run..

    Posted: 07 May 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    Compilatron should be available in freeplay.

    Posted: 07 May 2020 09:20 PM PDT

    The guide robot from the tutorial, I think he should be craftable and deployable, maybe to just roam around or just follow the player with no real purpose.

    submitted by /u/Rolph133
    [link] [comments]

    shrinking biters

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:39 AM PDT

    I recently watched this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwRYTgNE57Q

    And it made me think, what if the larger biters became less common if you get rid of large amounts of trees. As when there is less Oxigen in the air, bugs get smaller to the point where they are basicly harmless.

    Completely fucks up difficoulty progression but would be a cool aspect on the impact that you have on the planet

    submitted by /u/Rexin1996
    [link] [comments]

    Giving up, taking the L on my Marathon run

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    18 hours in on this marathon run, and I cannot keep up with the biter evolution. My lesson learned is that I should have focused gray science faster. Currently my bullets do 1 damage to the large biters and they are starting to come more frequently from more areas and in larger groups. I feel like this run can't be saved because it's 60s x 1600 gray sciences to add another 1.6 damage per bullet and I can't spare a moment to start working on gray sciences.

    Any other advice?

    submitted by /u/IAMnotBRAD
    [link] [comments]

    Logistic network issue

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:18 AM PDT

    I have just started using these networks. So there are two robo ports between a passive provider chest and requester chest for solid fuel Now the provider chest are continuously being filled with sold fuel But the only 2 out of the 10 robots are functioning in the network and rest going back inside the roboport after every delivery what should I do???

    submitted by /u/ronaks111
    [link] [comments]

    First time aiming for mega base using complex train systems. Any tips?

    Posted: 07 May 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/2APdAeE

    It's first time ever I'm trying out logic system in this game. So far I manage to create Loading station that's enabled only if chests are half full, otherwise station is disabled.

    Made small display that shows if station is operational, and lights to display load of the chests.

    Lastly I connected loading station logic to buffer station logic system which will force trains to stay in those stations if all loading stations are disabled, instead of looping stupidly. My execution here might be bit rough, but it works.

    Here is string for whole massive furnace smelting and train loading area + buffer area:

    https://pastebin.com/rCx7znyk

    Its still work in progress, but any glaring issues or workarounds that I could make this whole thing better?

    submitted by /u/DiabloII
    [link] [comments]

    Auto retrieve items for crafting?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    Is there a mod that will auto retrieve ingredients on a belt or chest rather than having to have them on my character when i want to craft something?

    submitted by /u/I_Take_Fish_Oil
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my train setup not working? :(

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:22 AM PDT

    What does "consumption" mean in the pollution tab? am I killing 30 trees per minute!?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:14 AM PDT

    Looking for YouTuber. Similar to JD-Plays, but the one that plays with more attention to detials.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm looking for some YouTuber recommendations. I watched a lot of JD-Plays but I would like to watch someone who has more attention to detail. He plays too "chaotically" for my liking.

    I like his videos. But for me personnaly it is a little bit annoying when he makes obvious mistakes that he fixes 10 episodes later. Any he only does them due to playing to chaotically.

    Do you have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Hooch180
    [link] [comments]

    literally unplayable

    Posted: 08 May 2020 07:01 AM PDT

    Is there a way to make sure the train is evenly unloaded? Front of train always empties first when back is still halfway full.

    Posted: 07 May 2020 02:29 PM PDT

    Nuclear Reactors at half production

    Posted: 07 May 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    Nuclear Reactors at half production

    I've been using nuclear reactors in my current save for quite a few hours but on my recent check-in to make sure everything was working properly, I found that only half of the steam turbines were now being used and my reactor temp had dropped from 1000 degrees to 697. They all have plenty of fuel and there's definitely demand for the power because my backup coal power kicked on via circuit network logic.

    Any ideas about what I'm missing?

    Thanks in advance! Great community and great game!

    https://preview.redd.it/n9ijnp8abgx41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=590d2a1b87678f4a2182e28c1c29d63d4e1d2cd6

    submitted by /u/worryaboutitonmonday
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment