• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 22, 2020

    Factorio Showed them the game. I am waiting with the dinner ready for 15 minutes now.

    Factorio Showed them the game. I am waiting with the dinner ready for 15 minutes now.


    Showed them the game. I am waiting with the dinner ready for 15 minutes now.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:25 PM PDT

    LONG Blue Circuit Factory

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 07:06 AM PDT

    I ran the first program on my WIP 32bit MIPS CPU last night

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 12:22 AM PDT

    Uses of wood: Running from Combat

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    Some of us may have thousands of wood in our logistic storage with no use, so why not make combat more fun with dynamically placing down "walls" of wood to block those biters and spitters

    Wood can be temporarily used to block biter and spitters, easily allowing you to run away from attacks in the early-mid game

    submitted by /u/Experimentators
    [link] [comments]

    I learned how to play with trains and boy...

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:06 PM PDT

    I thought that Factorio, for me, reach a psychological barrier, I couldn't and wouldn't understand trains or oil refinery. Strangely enough, I saw a one hour and forty eight minutes (!) of tutorial on how to play with trains, and man, it was the most fun I ever have in any game. It gave me such satisfaction seeing one of my three trains stopping while a high speed coal train was passing through. This constant problem solving and interactive puzzle that needs a solution it's just... boy... such a great game and design. Just, real fucking props and cheers to the team and community behind Factorio, both of you make this experience so great.

    Shout out to MiniBetrayal with his AMAZING Train Tutorial, it's a massive injustice the number of subscribers in his YouTube channel and Nilaus, who is playing Krastorio in a series that's just such great content.

    P.s.: Sorry if any grammatical English mistaken were made, not the first language, and if this kind of post deviate from the nature of this subreddit, I'm truly sorry, I just wanted to express my big great love (in pandemic times) for the game.

    submitted by /u/justs4ying
    [link] [comments]

    I've made a terrible mistake...

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    I made the Artillery turret out of cardboard! Took ~10 hours but I think it turned out pretty good

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 08:48 AM PDT

    Making free wood through witchcraft rituals

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 12:56 PM PDT

    Does anyone else never get that far into a game because they're obsessed with starting over to make the most efficient system?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 06:53 PM PDT

    It's been driving my partner crazy that I do this lol. She likes to watch me play and it frustrates her that I start a new game basically every time I play so I can build it more efficiently than last time lmao.

    submitted by /u/Remote-Photo
    [link] [comments]

    I calculated the ratios of all the science packs, and found out what you would need to achieve 100% efficiency (nothing is wasted).

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    So I looked on the wiki about the ratio of the science packs and with the use of the Kirk McDonald calculator I was able to figure out the ratio of white science as well. It started with the fact that I wanted to see what you would need to have 0 waste in the entire production as in nothing is waiting on anything, there is no unused belt space, every pipe has exactly what is needed, etc. This is under the assumption that you have 0 mining research and use Assembler 3's with no modules or beacons.

    So the ratio I found was

    Red 5
    Green 6
    Black 5
    Blue 12
    Purple 7
    Gold 7
    White 0.4265625

    To put it more nicely...

    Red 3200
    Green 3840
    Black 3200
    Blue 7680
    Purple 4480
    Gold 4480
    White 273

    If you can support this many factories then you will have the exact output of science per minute, but what if you don't want to waste anything? Well, I worked through a bunch of numbers and found that if you want to maintain exact 1:1 with everything without 0 waste, then take a look here and this was after reducing it as much as I could. This does not take into account your uranium production or any side productions. So if your factory can support about 12.85 PW then you can achieve perfection!

    submitted by /u/Legendary_Bibo
    [link] [comments]

    Water/Fluid handling & pumps question

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    So I was trying to figure out how multiple pumps and pipes affect water flow and this happened.

    Very consistently these 3 tanks fill in this order and I have no idea why #1 beats #2? Is there a good explanation for the fluid stuff somewhere? I want to maximize the amount of water going to about 8 different places.

    https://imgur.com/a/rA40Ecj

    submitted by /u/notlikelyevil
    [link] [comments]

    Nothing interesting here.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 07:25 PM PDT

    I just wanted to say something.

    This game has significantly eased up my depression by keeping me so invested and distracted all the time, so to the develops and the community: thank you :)

    (Didn't know what flair to use, probably not even acceptable to post something like this. In that case I apologise.)

    submitted by /u/Rolph133
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to retroactively unlock modded recipes?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    i added bob's warfare to a save that i've been playing on for a while now, but i haven't got the new recipes that were added to some vanilla research (e.g i had already unlocked military 3, added the mod and i cannot craft the rifle, which military 3 should unlock) is there a way to make the game check what recipes i should have, and update them?

    submitted by /u/Jakyjuju
    [link] [comments]

    Did they change recipes between patches?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 04:26 AM PDT

    Hi, I last played the game like 2 or 3 years ago. The quarantine got me to reinstall the game. However when I loaded my previous game I noticed my then fully automated rocket silo launch was not working anymore. Also noticed some belts were empty and production has stopped.

    submitted by /u/VanillaCokeisthebest
    [link] [comments]

    Autosafe-Timer

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    Picture this:

    Me: saves the game

    Autosave 2 seconds later: i'll f***ing do it again

    How about resetting the autosafe timer when the player saves the game to avoid such situations

    Edit: wording

    submitted by /u/gwaca
    [link] [comments]

    240 Copper or Iron Plate / Second

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 11:09 AM PDT

    My mall design

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Station wait condition

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 12:20 AM PDT

    Hopefully this hasn't been asked before.

    I have a train with all of my building items in it, Which i just jump in and go to X station to continue the next cell of my build. It has my home robot mall station saved with condition of full and player present etc.

    It would be super helpful in the wait conditions to have a simple condition which meant the train didn't move from the station until told to so i don't need to set multiple annoying conditions.

    Does a mod exist for this? i have no idea how complex something like this would be to add into the game,

    Cheers in advance.

    submitted by /u/Caffeine-euphoria
    [link] [comments]

    Rate my factory

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Stuck on boiler part of tutorial.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2020 12:46 AM PDT

    Hey all I'm really digging the game but I have been messing with these boilers and steam engines for an hour and don't know why it's not working. I am following the 1 boiler/2 steam engine rule, but it doesn't seem like my steam engines are working? I'm not really sure what is going on. Here's a screenshot. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/1010438621184387937/15FE530447057D7407B6D6A83A3369F2A52DBB20/

    submitted by /u/Tetraknox
    [link] [comments]

    starter base done, i'll be getting oil started

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Automatically synchronize mods for single-player games?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    I want to play some public multi player games, and it provides the option to automatically sychronize mods to that game. When I want to continue playing my own game, it doesn't provide an option to sychronize mods and just screws up my whole factory, and I don't want to painstakingly add back all of the mods. What can i do?

    submitted by /u/lolimsosmart
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment