• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 21, 2020

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread


    Weekly Question Thread

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 11:05 AM PDT

    Ask any questions you might have.

    Post your bug reports on the Official Forums


    Previous Threads


    Subreddit rules

    Discord server (and IRC)

    Find more in the sidebar ---->

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Guys I solved the crude oil storage shortage in the world that's currently happening. Where's my Nobel's prize and that sweet oil money?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:13 AM PDT

    Balanced side merging

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    stocking barrels, noticed how the inserters go one at a time

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    Organized/compact early game oil

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 01:40 AM PDT

    2 hours in and I'm done with my starter base, now to move on to automating logistic science packs

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 11:59 PM PDT

    The little engine that couldn't (iron chests contain coal).

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    Feature request: more precision in production stats

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 03:56 AM PDT

    I often develop blueprints for a specific part in creative mode or the Lab. In such cases, I often plan my factory to produce e.g. 1962 iron per minute. The easiest way to monitor this is via the production tab as that is the only thing being produced. However, above 1k items the tab starts rounding, so you don't know whether you actually make your production target.

    Request: can we have a configurable number of digits in the production tab? It doesn't need to be on the icon (which is limited in width) but it can just be on the 2.2k/m next to the colored bar, which can be shortened if needed.

    submitted by /u/vanatteveldt
    [link] [comments]

    Just completed the tutorial

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 03:35 AM PDT

    Mega Sushi, or How I Wasted 70 Hours of Quarantine

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:38 AM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/YV7lZwf

    I present the culmination of my quarantine psychosis. 16 blue belt, Vanilla, 60SPM (theoretical) output Sushi Belt design. It uses 28 sub-loop bays (which are also sushi belts) to build all needed materials and redistribute them to the main loop. The only inputs are raw materials, even oil is barreled and belted I've always loved the level of control needed on sushi belts and expanding it to this size only made it better, but I think I'm going back to using a main bus from now on.

    submitted by /u/air_cooled_brain
    [link] [comments]

    What Is Interesting About Factorio

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    Mod release - Edit blueprints

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 11:31 AM PDT

    I've been playing around with blueprints recently and one night I had a dream how cool would it be to have a way to just build a blueprint in a different surface in map editor, allowing to edit it.

    The dream haunted me for a few days until I tried to implement it, and over a few more weeks I actually managed to get a result I'm quite happy with.

    There's probably some bugs I didn't think of and the performance could probably be better, but over time I hope I'll improve on these fronts. For now from my testing it seems to work.

    Better yet, it supports things I didn't even imagine originally!

    You can edit your nuclear setups including landfill, blueprints with offshore pumps or blueprints with mining drills - no longer do you need to find a large enough resource patch to fit them first.

    I believe someone else might find it as useful as I do. :)

    https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Edit-Blueprints

    V

    submitted by /u/V453000
    [link] [comments]

    Nuke Plant In Orbit

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:52 AM PDT

    Purple Science Help

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    [Krastorio 2] Am I missing something or why would you ever use Fertilizer?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 01:57 AM PDT

    [Krastorio 2] Am I missing something or why would you ever use Fertilizer?

    Trying to setup my base for the last phase of the game and decided to try and make a nice smelting setup.

    I'm looking to fill 1 single Advanced Belt (60 item/s) with Steel

    Steel in Krastorio 2 needs Coke, which required Wood, which you get from a Greenhouse.
    Now you can just use water and get 40 Wood every 60 seconds, or I can use Fertilizer to get 80 Wood every 60 seconds, seems like a nice saving of Real estate.

    I need ~60 Wood per second for the Coke So I need either 45 or 90 Greenhouses.

    BUT to use the fertilizer I would need 288 Biolabs? and ALL the materials that are needed for that.

    How does that even work?

    Here's my spreadsheet, am I missing something obvious?

    https://preview.redd.it/tp23siwby4u41.png?width=1217&format=png&auto=webp&s=e6ff62ec3730a14eedb4b7172e6ada2466de82df

    submitted by /u/QinXy
    [link] [comments]

    Launched a rocket...finally

    Posted: 20 Apr 2020 05:39 PM PDT

    I won

    I didnt shatter any records, as I was doing everything on my own without outside help. I think I got lucky that I decided to start the rocket when I did, because behemoths are just starting to spawn and they seem quite nasty. So, I'm gonna research the rest of the tech, tweak some blueprints and go at it again.

    Im thinking this time I should keep the base smaller longer, and push my walls out farther past my pollution cloud to keep the evolution slower.

    submitted by /u/tegho
    [link] [comments]

    Armour to stop trains

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:49 AM PDT

    Hey I have an idea for a set of armour in factorio (got this idea form my dad u/Nooska)

    The idea is that you have a piece of armour or something you can put in your power armour that makes it so when you go on active rails all signals on that piece of the rail network would automatically turn red so you would not get killed by a train that comes speeding to you.

    Would this be a smart thing to have in that game or is it to op?

    submitted by /u/Drokles21
    [link] [comments]

    Haven't played in about 3 years, worth coming back?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    I played about 400 hours back then, I've been addicted to other management games throughout this time period as well. Have there been any significant changes or additions, or is it about the same?

    submitted by /u/rxtechs
    [link] [comments]

    Biter attacks from unknown position

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm running Krastorio 2 with a few mods (Even distribution, FNEI, Fluid must Flow, Resource Spawner Overhaul and VehicleSnap).

    I've secured the perimeter of my base, only I've been getting attacks here (see red circle): https://imgur.com/a/yU2cde1

    Allthough I have NO idea where they come from.. I've walled off and turretted each section.. Any ideas? Random spawns?

    I've planted some more radar's, and it seem they come from the north section..

    Are they going through immersite caves? o.O

    submitted by /u/Rann-
    [link] [comments]

    Krastorio 2 end game setup

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    Need help with mod error.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2020 01:51 AM PDT

    Need help with mod error.

    https://preview.redd.it/s0q2a6fuw4u41.jpg?width=744&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=09fcd1b14ee26e9a8be62049e015e9ebb5ff7541

    I'm getting this error when trying to run Production Scrap 2. All the mods I'm running are updated and enabled with their requisite dependencies.

    submitted by /u/JoshOfAllTradez
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment