• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 4, 2020

    Factorio Friday Facts #341 - Audio, Artillery, Attenuation

    Factorio Friday Facts #341 - Audio, Artillery, Attenuation


    Friday Facts #341 - Audio, Artillery, Attenuation

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 11:34 AM PDT

    Defender Bots

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:22 AM PDT

    It only took a global pandemic and 615 hours of gameplay to launch my first rocket

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    My Seablock factory accidentally looks like a turtle midlyinteresting

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 03:20 AM PDT

    I made 2 versions of train junction. which one is better? i can't decide.

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 11:34 PM PDT

    Tip: Always preserve found spawners so you can make an XP farm later :^)

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 02:17 AM PDT

    Is it time to give the pistol the steel axe treatment

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    It struck me recently that keeping the pistol in the game seems like an oversight when you consider what was done to the iron & steel pick axes. I mean, it's not like there is any reason to ever craft a pistol, and as soon as you unlock the machine gun, there is no reason to be holding on to it.

    There are various ways to work around this. One could be to have the pistol require no ammo, but also not have any ammo upgrades, so you simply had it as your final hold out, or just automatically upgrade the pistol to a machine gun and just keep that as your basic weapon without anything needing to be crafted or done.

    Or simply have the pistol be an ingredient for the machine gun, so when you upgrade, you won't be stuck with the bloody pistol in your inventory.

    What do the rest of you fine folks think?

    submitted by /u/Grubsnik
    [link] [comments]

    49 hours in and my first rocket launch!

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Krastorio 2 early game smelting

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:30 AM PDT

    Krastorio 2 early game smelting

    Hi reddit. I want to share my Krastorio 2 early game smelting block.

    It consumes:

    • 90 iron ore
    • 30 copper ore
    • 13.6 wood
    • 13.6 coal

    It produces:

    • 30 iron plates
    • 15 copper plates
    • 7.5 steel plates
    • coke:
      • 9.2 when steel plates r producing
      • 13.6 when steel does not produced

    For heating furnaces used 7.9 coal.

    When coke and steel r not used, coke will be buffered in chest. When it is full, coke is used instead of coal in furnaces.

    Furnaces, manipulators and belts can be upgraded to increase consumsion/production 2 times.

    https://pastebin.com/LSquWEwp

    https://preview.redd.it/ovynrc0lhtq41.png?width=3328&format=png&auto=webp&s=1bf9416f36f97c68fa7b88e057ffe13575efec16

    submitted by /u/nicklatkovich
    [link] [comments]

    It's been like this for like 10-15 hours...

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    I'm a newbie , this is my base after 6 hours playing. Stuck at blue science pack right now.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    Is this a good setup

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 04:20 AM PDT

    Is water infinite?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 10:36 PM PDT

    This is my base after my first 14h playing this game, I know it's a mess but it's mine

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 02:46 PM PDT

    Advise me on reorganizing this base before I dive into mods

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 06:24 AM PDT

    Can't join multiplayer game from external ip if I host game from inside the game

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    If I try to host game from behind nat using game ui, client binaries can't join using external ip of my nat box.

    But If I host game with same settings using dedicated server, clients can join just fine.

    What's going on?

    Case I:

    factorio-host/bin/x64/factorio.exe -> multiplayer -> host saved game -> play factorio-client/bin/x64/factorio.exe -> multiplayer -> connect to address -> <external ip> -> doesn't work factorio-client/bin/x64/factorio.exe -> multiplayer -> connect to address -> <internal ip> -> works 

    Case II:

    factorio-host/bin/x64/factorio --start-server ./saves/1.zip --server-settings ./data/server-settings.json factorio-client/bin/x64/factorio.exe -> multiplayer -> connect to address -> <external ip> -> works 
    submitted by /u/warbaque
    [link] [comments]

    Massive Biter clusters that stand still, and don't react to attacks. Slowing down my game.

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 05:05 AM PDT

    Massive Biter clusters that stand still, and don't react to attacks. Slowing down my game.

    So I have this problem with biters, the nests keep spawning them and they form groups and wait. They don't attack my factory and they also don't react to any sort of attack and only start moving when I - as the player - go near them. When I go out of range they again start collecting in groups and wait. This wouldn't be much of a problem if it didn't also slow down the game itself. I had at only 30 ups at one point which got better after killing a lot of these groups.

    Is there a particular reason for this and anything I can do to fix this?

    The biters collect in groups

    Other examples

    They attack me when i get close to them

    They don't react after an attack (example: 3 artillery shells) sa

    Edit: inclusion of mods

    Mods that I use in theat save

    submitted by /u/ConciousStop
    [link] [comments]

    My first ever Base

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:39 AM PDT

    total newbie, best starting guide?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    just picked up the game. I play Satisfactory a lot and thought i would give Factorio a shot. its errr....quit confusing.

    i did the initial tutorial and have automated green and red science. since then i have been researching everything but not really sure what to do next, there is sooooo much, and the more i research, the more there is.

    i have so many items i could build, but no idea what they do (arithmatic combinator? etc).

    is there a recommended youtube guide for newbies? searching myself brings up about 47 gajillion different things (mostly older stuff too), hard to know where to start.

    submitted by /u/jason3448
    [link] [comments]

    Could someone provide me some circuit help? - Decisions against multiple items

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 08:08 AM PDT

    UPDATE: Solved - Thanks all

    Hi everyone. Doing my best to actually learn and understand this a bit, so I have not been grabbing blueprints. I don't necessarily need instructions or an answer, but I need to understand what I'm missing so I can keep trying things and figure this out. Maybe just some feedback or a tip I'm missing, etc. I have a train the will come and dump contents into chests with limits right now. My problem is that I can't figure out the logic for the example below, so that I can automate the refill process.

    My Goal: Disable a train station, unless it needs any of a few items. (Example: Station is disabled unless Walls < 100 -or- Repair Packs < 100 -or- Ammo < 100)

    My thought process:

    1. Connects works to roboport or network, so I can see the contents
    2. Use one of the circuit tools (I think a combinator in this case?) to check if Walls < 100. If so, output W = 1.
    3. Do the same for every item, using W = 1 for all of them.
    4. Finally, is there a way for me to "count" the number of W's and only activate the station of it's below? My thought is that W=3 means that the location is stocked, but if W=2, then it's short on something.

    I'm not going to assume my thought process is right, but if it is, I don't know to handle step 4.

    I hope everyone's doing there best to enjoy the weekend, stay safe, thanks in advance if you take the time to look at this!

    submitted by /u/jaykal001
    [link] [comments]

    Belt Buffering

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Why does belt direction change which side inserters place on?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 01:47 AM PDT

    What is the minimum amount of labs I need for a 120 -> 180 -> 300 spm base?

    Posted: 04 Apr 2020 07:42 AM PDT

    I wanna place all my labs at the beginning, so I don't have to rebuild them later. But I don't know how to calculate, how many I will need. I'm gonna start with 120 spm (gray assembling machines), then use higher level assemblers and research lab speed ASAP. There are too many factors and I can't figure this out on my own.

    submitted by /u/kodmarci
    [link] [comments]

    I lost 1 space science pack somehow... I might as well throw out 999 of them now

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment