• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 12, 2020

    Factorio Factorio: The Turret

    Factorio Factorio: The Turret


    Factorio: The Turret

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 03:01 AM PDT

    Factorio Easter Bunny

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    It took 50 hours, but I did it! I launched my first rocket!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 11:24 PM PDT

    Welp, we did it: Factorio in Factorio

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 09:54 AM PDT

    Loving the Biomethanol in Krastorio 2 (~85MW net from just 20 greenhouses)

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 04:27 AM PDT

    When you just built a 48 Lane smelting facility, but accidentally mix a train full of iron plate into the ore input . . .

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 05:15 PM PDT

    My unfinished factory.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 11:14 PM PDT

    My unfinished factory.

    I currently run at around 4kspm. I have the option of going to 6Kspm but i dont have the capacity yet to handle it. I have a LOT of land fill to make to fill in the three massive lakes. Ive decided to keep the whole factory, solar included, within the confines of the rail grid. I want to see how far i can push it in terms of SPM. I realise eventually I will probably have to start getting resources from outside the grid but for now i have not. It took me around 200ish hours to complete the grid while building the factory that would produce 2kspm. I have since pushed that up to an "unstable but getting better 4kspm" and need SO MUCH LANDFILL. I run 4-7 trains. I don't know why i decided 4-7, i figured they would go faster than a 4-8? i dunno. Its a 4 lane right hand drive. Ive just been building where i can in terms of power, smelting and oil processing because i try and do as little fluid by train as possible. I can show more detailed pictures of different squares if people want to see.

    https://preview.redd.it/su1ds8h10cs41.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=86ff7cc47a6d3c6f58fe83f1a5d9904e57abb18c

    my first rocket section

    Depot design, any way i could improve?, probably yes.

    Two of my \"Module Modules\" not exactly efficient

    Where's Engineer?

    submitted by /u/Amevir
    [link] [comments]

    The full Krastorio 2 tech tree

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    No Time for Chitchat You Lazy...

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 12:14 AM PDT

    Well, I finally did it. I built a rocket in under 15 hours and with only making 104 items by hand.

    I know a lot of people can finish the game faster than 14 hours and 45 minutes, but this is a big step forward for me. My fastest time in the past was probably 40 hours and not with Lazy Bastard.

    The video also includes some of my unusual supply bus: I haul raw materials on the belt: Iron ore, copper ore, rock, coal, plastic, sulfur, and lube oil barrels. I then have each component of the factory, red science maker, green science maker, etc. smelt their own metals. I find this allows me to more grow the factory without having to worry about managing a plate smelting area.

    Also worth noting is that I use almost exclusively yellow belts: faster to make and less resource-intensive.

    Video of the last few minutes of the game and some of my supply bus

    submitted by /u/Ergrak
    [link] [comments]

    UPDATE: 289Hr Cake Day Factory. Finished... Now what? Which modded playthrough should I do next?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 12:25 AM PDT

    Organic, pollution-free Mall (Krastorio 2)

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Efficient 7x4 Kovarex Enrichment Plant

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    starting base, at 300 ++ all science packs per minute

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 02:26 PM PDT

    Supporting mods for krastorio 2?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 05:00 AM PDT

    I want to play krastorio 2. What are some mods that go along well with it? Im already taking squeek through, because thats a necessity for me. I dont know what else to take though.

    submitted by /u/ossem1
    [link] [comments]

    About 900 hours in 6 months

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:53 PM PDT

    My god. I finally wanted to go big. I cannot believe the amount of copper/plastic to get things done. I have not launched a rocket (this game) and was only trying to set up a Module cell so that I can mass produce. Just doing that, eats up all inventory. Spent about 5 hours today ONLY to get enough copper and plastic to make modules.

    Early game is mostly Iron, but man - did not see this backset coming.

    submitted by /u/greag1e
    [link] [comments]

    My friend decided to go on an adventure

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    Finally on my way

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    Finally on my way

    1800+ hours in game total.And last night I only just built my first rocket silo. Now the long haul to actually build the rocket.I've never been so dedicated to pushing the end game than with this one, usually I end up abandoning the rats nest and starting again with the aim of making this version neater and more organised - which usually goes out of the window after a few sessions - rinse and repeat lol.

    Playing full vanilla, but usually have mods. bobs/angels which probably explains why I never launched a rocket before!

    https://preview.redd.it/7vktzk1bges41.png?width=3827&format=png&auto=webp&s=49aa17957b00a4a41322172f0b4b2aba8d3dc08a

    P.S. I know there are lots of problems, Trust me if you could see the rest of it!! Ratios all wrong, bottle necks etc... but I'm working on it while trying not to get too flustered and loose the motivation.

    submitted by /u/kal9001
    [link] [comments]

    Mod request: Mass flip/rotate

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    I just put down a full smelting column with all of the inserters facing the wrong direction. It would be nice to have a mod where you can designate an entity and have it flip or rotate all of that type of entity in the selection box. Not worth bothering the devs over, I don't think, since this doesn't happen too often, but for those occasions when it would be useful, it would be a great QoL improvement.

    submitted by /u/Factorio_Poster
    [link] [comments]

    Help with logistics machines

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:29 PM PDT

    Hello I'm kinda new and I was wondering if anyone had a good tutorial on the logistics stuff because im having some trouble with all the different wires and machines. I was trying to make my machines turn off after a certain amount of concrete was made

    submitted by /u/thedrwhodiggity
    [link] [comments]

    285hr Factorio cake day special

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:34 PM PDT

    Why does the oil refinary onlky make pretoleum gass?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    I swear they used to prodduce 3 types. HELP!

    submitted by /u/FelixTheFat04
    [link] [comments]

    Not everything in Factorio is efficient, sometimes it is thorough.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:04 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, this is something of a subtle distinction, but here is an example.

    deciding to prod 3 everything you can for assembling machine recipes is an attempt at thoroughness, but using speed beacons afterwards is a efficiency play in both total resources and space. (a speed beacon with 2 speed 3 modules costs less than an am3 with 4 prod 3 modules, and gets you at least .50 am3 crafting speed if it impacts at least one am3)

    This is actually why I am less interested in speed and prod modeling centrifuges and furnaces, because the fact that you can only put 2 prod modules in those machines makes the increase in module efficiency less obvious when you only have 2 modules in the crafting machine.

    The trade off only has the option to pay off at 8 hours per the factorio cheatsheet and is pretty unimpressive in how much it impacts the total number of raw resources you need, particularly at a belt level. (this is why I don't prod mod drills, because they make belts and don't consume belt of resources ) and requires some amount of modules for half the effeft.

    Some people might be willing to both spend the time setting it up and waiting for it to pay off, but it takes a hell of a long time to get there, and I would need to see a all achievements speed run to see if it maybe makes sense from a player time efficiency standpoint to a goal.

    Hell, solar panels are too slow for me now that I have figured out 2 by 2 reactor power, and those has a way easier to understand (no fluid management power, no ongoing costs) draw, rather than getting me to quote a Mad TV sketch.

    submitted by /u/sawbladex
    [link] [comments]

    Circuit Network Help?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    I've got a circuit network set up for an iron ore outpost. See this screenshot. I am currently disabling the bottom left station if the average count in each chest is less than 500. However, trains still prefer other outposts most often as they are closer. I would like to add a check for trains in the stacker such that the station is also disabled if at least one train is waiting. I previously did this by linking the last light in each stack row to the station and setting it to disable if any were red, but I don't know how to combine these two checks. Any assistance is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/thepaan
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile Factory mod!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:00 AM PDT

    I just found this mod and it seems so cool that I can't but wonder; How come literally NO ONE is talking about this mod!? I found absolutely no mention about it from youtube and not much from internet overall. It's llike factorissimo on wheels! I just found out about this mod and it seems to be exactly what I was looking for. I just don't quite understand how it works yet. I don't understand am I ment to drive my mobile base over over patch and mine them one at a time or is there some sort of smarter way to transfer ores in to it.. ?

    Anyone have tips, opinions or anything about this mod? I am planning to play it with bobs mods.

    submitted by /u/666Saatana666
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment