• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 11, 2020

    Factorio Yesterday, my wife mentioned Factorio to her brother who dismissed the idea of such a game. His Steam this morning:

    Factorio Yesterday, my wife mentioned Factorio to her brother who dismissed the idea of such a game. His Steam this morning:


    Yesterday, my wife mentioned Factorio to her brother who dismissed the idea of such a game. His Steam this morning:

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:18 PM PDT

    i have made the satelite rocket in KSP

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    Oh dear.....this game.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    I've been aware of Factorio for a few years, kinda thought I knew what it was, but never looked beyond the surface.

    I bought the game a week ago.... you know the rest of this story.

    I did less work this week than in months, I'm normally in asleep at 10pm as I'm a) old and b) an early riser. I ended up way past 4am on at least 3 occasions.

    I haven't played a game like this since Sim City 2000.

    For the record, second base in and I've just completed yellow science. Playing purely sandbox at the moment with no enemies as I'm just interested in the logical pathways and interconnected gloriousness of it.

    I feel like I'm way, way into the depth of it, yet also have only scratched the surface.

    What a wonderful, wonderful piece of software Factorio is and I'm immensely looking forward to it ruining my life for the next few months / years.

    submitted by /u/MookieB88
    [link] [comments]

    I'm taking a wire and a stack inserter to space!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 02:03 AM PDT

    100K SPM Angel Bob, Something i did a year ago, but never shared until now

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    The Big Fat Artillery train - 2048 artillery wagons

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:01 AM PDT

    Chemical Engineer’s Dream Game

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 07:38 AM PDT

    I'm a relatively new player, I got sucked in by some of my friends from my grad school days. I've put in about 40 hours in the last two weeks and my two friends and I just finished automating yellow science (and all others) at ~150/min, so we're not too far away from our first rocket.

    This game is a chemical engineers dream (our background). A bunch of transport (literally) background, the whole game is about calculating steady-state mass balances, but there are reactions thrown in (the assemblers are all essentially zero order reaction rates between reaction components) and there's even non-steady-state startup analysis that can be done as well as identifying rate-limiting steps (not enough red circuits to feed your blue circuits).

    Couple that in with the personal sense of accomplishment I get in optimizing designs and this game is amazing. My first play session was seven hours long and I've had many more like that in the last two weeks.

    submitted by /u/harr1847
    [link] [comments]

    The best weapon in Deathworld campaign is the efficiency module.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 01:19 PM PDT

    Wasted Rockets

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:31 AM PDT

    What was your most expensive rocket cargo? Either by mistake or intended?

    I wanted to upgrade the modules in my silo. So, I took a stack of prod3s from my inventory and ctrl-clicked in the silo. The rocket was ready and set to autolaunch with cargo, so I sent all 50 modules to space. This was my first production of level 3 modules, 3/min. Expensive lesson.

    submitted by /u/skob17
    [link] [comments]

    First automatic train station

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 06:44 AM PDT

    For me, it was Tuesday.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    For the first time ever, my base is completely surrounded by walls and fortifications.

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    i have made a larger sattelite rocket!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 12:47 AM PDT

    Just launched my first rocket! With Krastorio 2 mod.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 06:51 AM PDT

    Just launched my first rocket! With Krastorio 2 mod.

    In a true Factorio manner i made a base capable of producing the rocket parts in about 2 mins before i actually got around to launching my first one ever :P

    Hope you are having a good day (Y)

    https://preview.redd.it/8dk0l8rv17s41.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=a6d52d868cd11203c8c0b4e3e6b278215a36832a

    submitted by /u/MrBalto009
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Number Display (My first circuit network project)

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:23 AM PDT

    Digital Number Display (My first circuit network project)

    I made my first circuit displaying the amount of items in a chest. As you can see it only goes from 000-999, but it could easily be extended.

    I didn't really check out other designs so I don't know if it's good or not.

    I just tried to make it as small as possible.

    How is the size of it compared to other designs?

    https://preview.redd.it/3rk8ebe4f7s41.png?width=933&format=png&auto=webp&s=f09f83d223e1207682ea98059305c6c1638e1147

    submitted by /u/Purple14music
    [link] [comments]

    "Factorio Drain"

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 05:35 PM PDT

    I had gotten pretty far in the game, I was using the "Industrial Revolution" mod, and several others along with it, Yuoki Industries and the AAI stuff... I was just starting to build an ore washing plant, I wasn't too far from researching the Chrome Age, I still had a bit before I could launch a rocket, but I was almost there... Then I just got bored and deleted that save... I still feel horrible, because that was the closest I had ever gotten to completing the game, I had never, ever completed the game legit before, but that was as close as I had ever gotten, but I quit simply because I was bored, I was tired of all the idle waiting for technologies to be researched, I was tired of all the stressful planning, I was tired of having to micromanage everything, I was tired of having to repair my walls after fighting off biters, and I would often just sit there at my computer, bored out of my mind, not doing anything but just staring at the screen, my mind blank... I would often turn off the game and find it hard to return to my previous save, thinking my factory was so poorly designed that I might as well just delete the save and restart all over again, but when I did, I cringed at how much time and effort was wasted, and wished that I could go back to my old save...

    First question, has anyone else experienced such drain, second question, if so, how do you avoid it. I've used the Creative Mode mod to cheat my way into an easier game, but I don't like just cheating my way through everything, it doesn't feel as rewarding as actually getting through the game legit, but I still want to complete it and not deal with all the tiresome gameplay... And the same can be said for mods that give me tonnes of stuff at the start of the game, like all the drills and furnaces I could want... It just feels cheap.

    submitted by /u/jacksondaxhacker
    [link] [comments]

    Change server map generation settings mid-game

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    I've been playing with a friend using my PC as server (the game version is 0.15.37). The map has become really big and we're at an end-game state, such that we are starting to feel the need for greater ore patches. I know that changing the map gen settings won't affect already generated chunks, and we're fine with this: it would be great ifby keeping exploring farther, we would encounter bigger ore patches.

    I've found several ways to achieve this, but none of them seems to work. I've editet the map-gen-settings.json inside the server folder, editing these strings:

    "coal": {"frequency": "normal", "size": "normal", "richness": "normal"}
    to these:

    "coal": {"frequency": "very-low", "size": "very-high", "richness": "high"}

    for each ore of course.

    However, if I input the command\c game.player.print(game.player.surface.map_gen_settings["autoplace_controls"]["coal"]["size"])

    in order to check if the edit was successful, it always prints

    normal

    I've also tried with this solution (manually editing the level.dat inside the savegame .ZIP folder) suggested in this sub, but it still outputs normal when I check the map generation settings. And if I try to explore the outer borders of the map, I still ecounters the same ore sizes I encounter without any edit to the map gen settings.

    I hope I can find some help here. Thanks in advice.

    submitted by /u/Trial4life
    [link] [comments]

    "Michigan left"-inspired railway intersections

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    "Michigan left"-inspired railway intersections

    A couple of 4-way and one 3-way intersection inspired by(practically copied) this junction: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_left . They allow indirect left turns and U-turns. The junctions have buffers. In these examples they are for at least one 3-8 train(11 car lengths), which can be shortened/lengthened to suit your needs.

    Blueprints: https://factorioprints.com/view/-M4bmJrNAI1KEigFbe_9

    edit: small stylistic change in the text

    Version 1

    Version 2

    T version

    submitted by /u/azriel_odin
    [link] [comments]

    For my cake day, I'm destroying the planet (:

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 11:42 AM PDT

    Krastorio 2 + Helmod. Am I missing something?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 07:16 AM PDT

    Krastorio 2 + Helmod. Am I missing something?

    With the release of Krastorio 2 I thought I'd put a few spare hours into a new base, and a friend suggested I also try Helmod to deal with all the new ratio calculations & recipes.

    So I've got both, just getting the first steps of a main bus ready, and I want to start producing a good amount of science. So I plug the blank tech card into Helmod to calculate what I would need to fill a yellow belt, and it gives me the following:

    https://preview.redd.it/wsm9mvnl47s41.png?width=2600&format=png&auto=webp&s=fade9378f7c1a2d21027e7219005992d3cf46fad

    Nice simple build, so I build it:

    https://preview.redd.it/h4pkgr5o47s41.png?width=2600&format=png&auto=webp&s=6cb2daf0a993fdfcab065e13d8822973a05ab4cd

    And it very obviously isn't filling up a yellow belt...

    Am I misusing the mods? Is there some setting or config I'm missing? Any insight appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/GyroTech
    [link] [comments]

    Tutorial objective is to go to compilatron but nothing happens, has anyone experienced this?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 01:09 AM PDT

    Artillery train outpost

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 07:02 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment