• Breaking News

    Monday, April 13, 2020

    Factorio Realistic pollution

    Factorio Realistic pollution


    Realistic pollution

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 02:21 AM PDT

    Overview

    I have a mod idea for Realistic Pollution. The main idea is to change the single 'pollution' cloud into several clouds of the components; Carbon dioxide, Sulfur dioxide, Nitrous oxides and Uranium. Each cloud will behave slightly different; carbon is taken up by trees and grass whereas Uranium isn't, some spread faster or slower. The main change is that pollution becomes important to other things than biters, as each causes its own problems.

    I could try to develop this mod myself, if people think it's cool.

    Pollutants

    CO2 - Carbon dioxide

    SO2 - Sulfur dioxide

    NOx - Nitrous oxides

    U - Uranium

    Effects

    Each pollutant should have an effect. CO2 can take the place of regular pollution now, mostly biter aggression. SO2 should cause acid rain, better stock up on repair packs. NOx cause ground-level ozone, aka smog. Uranium (almost) never dissipates, possibly making the ground un-buildable.

    Cleaners

    Air scrubbers will be added which allow you to clean some pollution. Their effectivity (speed) depends on concentration, so you'll need to build them close to sources. The uranium-polluted ground may require miners, but yield a small amount of ore.

    Suggestions?

    Do you guys and girls like the idea? Should I add more pollutants or other effects? Cool ideas to code this?

    submitted by /u/Aialon
    [link] [comments]

    I made it 160 hours without getting run over by a train

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 05:35 AM PDT

    Meet Skulldar, my attempt at functional factorio art. Embodying the spirit of nuclear destruction and scientific progression. Skulldar must be fed, constantly

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    How do I make my solar panels give priority to the accumulators rather than the drills?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 04:08 AM PDT

    Working on a windmill mod, materials are a WIP but it's looking quite nice already.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 07:58 PM PDT

    Playing with technology difficulty x 100 and had to improvise an underground belt. I'm equally ashamed and proud of my creation.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 10:42 AM PDT

    Today I got Factorio and I love it! Thats my red science pack maker. Ben with a comunity for quite some time.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    Beautiful 1000 science/Min megabase delivered by cars on belts

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 10:59 AM PDT

    Got A Start On My MegaBus going for 1000spm

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 05:53 PM PDT

    Oops. Green Circuits is supposed to be the OUTPUT. Gotcha.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 02:22 PM PDT

    12 Blue belts Of Iron

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 12:03 PM PDT

    Haha power system went down

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 09:53 AM PDT

    Compact Entire Nuclear Setup

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 06:11 PM PDT

    Walking Drones?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 09:52 PM PDT

    Is there a mod for walking drones that are cheaper and earlier than flying drones? I feel like it would be a cool idea. Kind of like the cheap drone mod, but they have to use pathfinding rather than flying over stuff. I think it would be interesting.

    submitted by /u/AceDoutry
    [link] [comments]

    How bad is it that I spaced out every production pretty far from each other? Will this be a problem in late game?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 06:25 AM PDT

    Hey Factorio noob here!

    I'm a nurse in these trying times and use this game to unwind a bit.

    So far I managed to get red science automated and a small power plant setup so that I don't have to worry about power usage every few minutes. But what I did is basically space everything far from each other. For example I planned a huge ass iron production really far from copper one. My idea is to start the base with these two and always have input on left and output on right. Same goes for red science etc. I'm just wondering if this won't cause any big issues in future? I see bases here that are neatly organized with stuff next each other and mine super far from that haha.

    submitted by /u/flourishersvk
    [link] [comments]

    Help: simple circuit setup

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    looking for a quick tutorial or explanation or even blueprint :) of how to have a inserter activate when another box is empty. Box boxes are several power poles away.

    submitted by /u/mrscubakev
    [link] [comments]

    LTN finally doesn't require unique stop names anymore, yay!

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 03:54 PM PDT

    An exciting change just landed in LTN, it's finally no longer necessary to give requesters and providers a unique station name:

    https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LogisticTrainNetwork/changelog

    Although the downside is probably that you have to be even more careful when copy+pasting an existing requester station, as the new station no longer gets automatically "disabled" (by virtue of the duplicate name) until you had the chance to modify the requests...

    submitted by /u/whoami_whereami
    [link] [comments]

    Taskbar icon is not aligned

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 06:49 AM PDT

    Just noticed that icon is not centralized. I can't play that terrible game anymore! Give me my money back!

    https://preview.redd.it/rltaggwkals41.png?width=72&format=png&auto=webp&s=14341bc85747fa4bc9c19c101ef46c6b9fbed2a3

    submitted by /u/sSwSs_
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to play with you !

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 06:39 AM PDT

    Hello guys, I'm new to this game and I don't want to play alone for now, I'm looking to play with someone that could teach me some tips and tricks on this game !
    I created a map with 600% starting zone and max richness for all the ores.

    Come in my DM I'll be waiting for you !

    submitted by /u/Stone_Kill
    [link] [comments]

    Literally unplayable: debug option show-recipe-icons-on-map does not scale the icons correctly.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    How do I change enemy expansion minimum chunk distance from player buildings?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 06:18 AM PDT

    I'd like to know if it's possible to change this in any of the game files, if this is hard coded or not.

    I want the biters to be able to expand without restriction into my territory, which would serve as a replacer for pollution attacks, but this way the frequency of the "attacks" is determined by the expansion timers and not by pollution.

    I'm not sure which flair to apply here, sorry in advance.

    submitted by /u/firesword29
    [link] [comments]

    krastorio biomass removal

    Posted: 13 Apr 2020 12:12 AM PDT

    Is there anyway to automate the removal of biomass?

    Having to walk out and use the shovel is getting irritating.

    submitted by /u/axloo7
    [link] [comments]

    This has become a true base defense game

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment