• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 15, 2020

    Factorio They always find a way (Enlarge)

    Factorio They always find a way (Enlarge)


    They always find a way (Enlarge)

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 08:23 PM PDT

    Seems like this guy enjoys carousels

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Johnson! I need you to defend that oil well!

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 05:44 AM PDT

    The Precision Torchlight

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 08:57 AM PDT

    You DO NOT USE electricity in Coal Country

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 12:56 AM PDT

    Nefrums completes 100% Speedrun in 6:49:05 -- which is usually about how long it takes me to get blue science

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    “Social distancing”

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    Infinitely tileable nuclear power, no bottlenecks, water comes in from the outside edges

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    Nuclear Australia is beautiful at night

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    4-4 Belt Lane/Side Balancer (inline)

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 02:47 PM PDT

    What mods should i play

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 04:42 AM PDT

    I am inside a quarantine area and I would like to start a new game of factorio, which mods do you recommend me to use for a quiet, fun and long-lasting game? Thanks reddit

    submitted by /u/Error916
    [link] [comments]

    Here is a timelapse gif of my first Bob's playthrough that I just finished.

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Unusable Products

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 07:44 AM PDT

    I've worked in RL manufacturing for 20+ years. One thing Factorio does not simulate is bad products. No factory gets 100% usable yield. There is always trash to either recycle or landfill. I thought of the following for either a mod or update.

    1. Assemblers start at 90% good yield. Use science research to upgrade by 1% increments.
    2. Bad products (trash) have to be dealt with by collecting or recycling.
    3. Any product, good or bad, can be recycled to original raw materials less 20%. Similar to #1, science research can improve the recycle yield.
    4. Recyclers create unusable trash. Trash must be stored somewhere, somehow by the player. Or, for instance, include a high pollution creating incinerator to burn the trash for power generation.
    submitted by /u/oscarmk
    [link] [comments]

    Configurable meter, with cyan -> red color change when below a set threshold.

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 05:06 AM PDT

    First time playing, how is this for my furnace array?

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 01:00 PM PDT

    I can't find fast inserters in the crafting menu. Am I blind?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 01:18 AM PDT

    So I've noticed people have been sharing their green circuit array designs lately. Here's mine

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    So I've noticed people have been sharing their green circuit array designs lately. Here's mine

    This is a module for producing electronic circuits. It takes in 16 copper plate and 16 Iron plate belts and converts them into 28 belts of green circuits. Each belt transports 30.8 green circuit/s (862.4 GC/s total) and is naturally balanced. The module produces 64000 green circuits(one 8 car train load) in approximately 75 seconds. In the loading station each car has 10,5 chests(11 chests, but the last one is half capacity), when summed gives 84 chests of capacity (3*28), on average 3 inserters per belt. The half chests have a small circuit to ensure their equal filling.

    Blueprint if you are interested.

    My aim with this module was to make it as compact as possible while, getting the most out of the beacons and using the input belts completely.

    For the time being I am satisfied with this design, but suggestions for improvements are welcome.

    Edit: Here is a more complete view of the entire module. And if you like the design I'm making several other modules for different products using the same design philosophy, I'll post them as well.

    https://preview.redd.it/j7h4yki2ysm41.jpg?width=1366&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=85432b3669eeb2023458c5c35e0bd13b904bc50a

    https://preview.redd.it/6ik87a634qm41.jpg?width=1366&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=e5561b429cb8905dd992116d03f35b6de0ce156c

    https://preview.redd.it/vbb01i314qm41.jpg?width=1366&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=4a3fc5c2c90dace1461a7a5440fd75de3a677767

    https://preview.redd.it/fipr45fz3qm41.jpg?width=1366&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f8339a294b514c93bf6c60d3809eb8beb4f1f519

    submitted by /u/azriel_odin
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have tips for destroying big biter bases?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:12 AM PDT

    Let me preface this by saying I'm a complete noob. I played for ~20 hours over a year ago and now have just picked the game back up. I discovered trains and robots this time, which are great, but I'm getting frustrated with the biter attacks. My base is too big to respond to them in real time and the attacks just go straight through my walls. I want to destroy their bases completely and stop them from spawning if I can. But as I expand, the bases the biters have are ridiculous. If I drive in with a tank, I get stopped by biters and die before I can get through the other side.

    This is what my map looks like, there are so many biter bases on the edge of my pollution (particularly at the outpost on the south-west) and I really don't know how to stop them. I have Red, Blue, Green, Purple and Military Science. I have bots. https://imgur.com/a/LFPX5yt

    submitted by /u/CapitalDave
    [link] [comments]

    This guy shoots so fast it can kill a wooden box and flick to an innocent inserter within 0.005 seconds

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    What is causing Steam Turbines to slow down?

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    I have no idea how to use buffer chests

    Posted: 15 Mar 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    I heard that they're used as a go-between for your personal robots and your logistics robots. Like, they can request items but that means the robots will go for that chest first if it's closer to them than the far-away source of whatever objects the buffer chest is requesting. So, I set some up near a train I have for restocking my outposts. It already had requester chests with inserters loading their contents onto the train. The idea is that the robots will stock the buffer chests on their own when they get low, but in the meantime the closer robots will just grab supplies from the buffer chests and restock the requester chests that are feeding directly into the train.

    But in reality, the robots stock the buffers and then promptly ignore them, preferring to fly 9 trillion miles away to get the supplies from the factory line, right where they're being produced. When I turned the buffer chests into passive provider chests, my robots paused in the air for a second, and then swarmed my new passive chests like bees.

    I feel like I'm doing something wrong. How does one use buffer chests?

    submitted by /u/Krogs322
    [link] [comments]

    I've done that thing where you get distracted

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 12:48 PM PDT

    Have you ever had it where you go to do one thing and you get massively distracted?

    Today I was working on purple science and I went to upgrade my stone bricks so I could support the wall assemblers.

    So I upgraded stone bricks but then noticed my iron was low, so I upgraded that.

    Whilst upgrading my iron, I noticed I was running out of power, and so doubled my power production.

    I then noticed I was running out of coal, so I upgraded that.

    I finally completed that and connected up my wall factory.

    Sorry if it was a bit long-winded but I've heard this mentioned a bit in this subreddit and I thought I'd share

    TL:DR I got massively distracted for the first time.

    submitted by /u/Will7847
    [link] [comments]

    Radar dish should be above the inserter arms.

    Posted: 14 Mar 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment