• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 31, 2019

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread


    Weekly Question Thread

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:04 AM PST

    Ask any questions you might have.

    Post your bug reports on the Official Forums


    Previous Threads


    Subreddit rules

    Discord server (and IRC)

    Find more in the sidebar ---->

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I see your render of a Factoreo, and I raise you actual cookies

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 08:24 PM PST

    Now I can waste 1000 hours on the go!

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:49 PM PST

    Finally reached the point where I'm not constrained by production, but by rocket launch speed. [Krastorio]

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 05:15 AM PST

    "Honey, I am going upstairs playing a peaceful building game" - 5 minutes later...

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:56 AM PST

    Beginning of a great Italian dish

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:46 PM PST

    Please help me, I lost my avatar in this Gigawatt furnace....

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 08:01 AM PST

    My first attempt at a Raw-To-Rocket design. Currently working at ~70 SPM.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 05:08 PM PST

    There should be waypoints that you could set on the map and an arrow tells you what direction they are on the minimap.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 07:47 PM PST

    My first decent-ish factory

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 02:42 AM PST

    Teaching a friend about railway signals

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 12:50 PM PST

    Finally got the game today and pretty sure I am doing things the hard way, but managed to clear all the camps in the tutorial stage.

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 11:16 PM PST

    What triggers enemy attacks?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 07:46 AM PST

    What triggers enemy attacks?

    I was under the idea that an attack starts when pollution reaches a biter nest, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm playing on death world (very early game right now) and I've killed off the closest biter nests so that none are within range of my pollution cloud by at least 3 chunks. Despite my efforts, I still get somewhat frequent attacks, and I have no idea why. What causes this? Pic of my base attatched.

    Map of the base

    submitted by /u/PhatBritishPhish
    [link] [comments]

    Circuitless Kovarex - Using a 40 item long belt to keep each centrifuge stocked - downside being each one needs 120 u235 before the next starts working - would be curious of suggestions

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:27 PM PST

    First time posting on reddit, calling my spaceship done after 400h of messing around in space exploration :)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 09:59 AM PST

    Now where on this cursed planet did I park my car?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 05:36 PM PST

    Ok attempt number 2 didnt know reddit didnt allow text with a picture, HEARD YOU LIKE CHAOS 99 hours in 3 trains which have collectively killed me about 25 times (better than the biters lol) bout 1 rocket per 5 mins or so only just sorted out the electronics to the blue boards... does it show?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 06:22 PM PST

    I Made an Aesthetically Snakey Miner Factory!! (expensive recipes)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 04:04 PM PST

    Transitioning / relocating to the bigger base?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 02:09 AM PST

    I have my (simple) starting base (done following the tutorial by tuplex) and I've researched all the "finite" technologies and a few of the infinite ones. I was thinking about upgrading/rebuilding/building-a-new-one with more-or-less a megabase-format, but all the resource patches around me are relatively small - the biggest one I see is about 10 M, most of them below 5 M. So I guess if I would start to build it around my starting point, I would probably have to constantly build new ore outposts most of the time. In various places I've read that the patches do really get gigantic once you move REALLY far away - like a few fully zoomed-out map views away. I've cheated a bit just to see it [; and indeed - teleporting myself about 50000 tiles from the starting location I already see patches which are well above 100 M.

    But as I used mostly default map settings (just disabled the cliffs) I have biters and quite a lot of lakes... So it seems to me that both relocating myself far away with a train full or useful stuff or building outposts so far away is really hard. Even if I would like to really drive there in a tank I guess it would take me at least a few hours, trying to avoid the nests or removing smaller ones. The idea of going there with a train seems impossible, as I would most likely have to constantly return for the supplies (like landfill to build a straight rails over lakes) and build at least a few dozen heavily armed artillery outposts along my path to clear it.

    So how do you do it? (;

    I'm wondering about the general strategy of going from the starter base to something bigger. I know that "this question pops up here everyday", but the same cannot be said about an answer to it... I know I could watch some of the youtube videos of people doing it, but I'm really not a big fan of doing that - I would have to watch like 10 hours of stuff just to find the answers for the few questions I have, which can probably be written in a few paragraphs of text.

    Should I start clearing my perimeter and exploring the map with such heavily-armed artillery outposts and just gradually progress near my starting location, building outposts further away as I discover ore patches? Or maybe there's some better way to explore the map and extend your territory in vanilla game?

    Or maybe I want to jump too many steps at a time and after doing the starter base with a tutorial I should either start over _without_ the assistance of the video or just try to build something a bit bigger (say 100-250 SPM) instead of going directly to the land of 1k SPM? I'm also asking this, because I fear that restarting and doing the starter base over-and-over-again can become really boring after a few runs, because the initial part of the game is mostly the same - just build everything you need and research everything. So maybe it's better to create a save now, call it "rocket done" and "restart" from here a few times in the future, instead of starting from scratch?

    Thanks in advance for any tips you have for my really noob questions (;

    submitted by /u/FreddieChopin
    [link] [comments]

    how to evenly split everything on a conveyor belt?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2019 01:44 AM PST

    lets say i have green lab packs on one conveyor belt and i want to evenly split all of the following green lab packs between two conveyor belts. how would i do this?

    submitted by /u/FlipNog
    [link] [comments]

    My first factory :)

    Posted: 30 Dec 2019 10:15 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment