• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 29, 2019

    Factorio I was putting together my first nuclear power setup and had steam storage next to some water backup. Noticed the steam window fills from top down. I appreciate all the little details this game delivers.

    Factorio I was putting together my first nuclear power setup and had steam storage next to some water backup. Noticed the steam window fills from top down. I appreciate all the little details this game delivers.


    I was putting together my first nuclear power setup and had steam storage next to some water backup. Noticed the steam window fills from top down. I appreciate all the little details this game delivers.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:58 PM PST

    My mom likes painting rocks... So she made me this for Christmas!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 10:34 AM PST

    I Nearly Fell Off My Chair

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 04:52 AM PST

    So i let my newbie friend take care of part of the green science production

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:28 PM PST

    26s to spare...

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:14 PM PST

    26s to spare...

    This was far harder than I expected. With a few hundred hours of game-play and knowing that people can do it within 3 hrs the expectation was - "yeh, maybe 6 hours max...."

    Little did I appreciate the work it takes. Full disclosure - i redid the last 15 minutes... i upgraded my science research to get the rocket science sooner (it was at 87% when so i stopped it did the upgrade and let it finish) I built as many speed modules 2 as i could and then as soon as i dropped the silo i researched beacons to speed it up. The rocket animation takes time so i was really stressing whilst redoing the 15 minutes... 26 seconds to spare

    https://preview.redd.it/76jsgquhfh741.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=4c6fd9dbea353026439151950ded272e0b2eb972

    I'm on holidays so this was played off a USB stick on my work PC - i'll have to copy a save over to my PC back home so i can get it in steam. Last Achievements - 15hr, 8hr and no logistics all in this game! Holiday goal achieved, merry Christmas to me, happy new year to me:)

    No Blueprints - no watching other videos... No maths planning out - just my fairly normal builds. What i did lookup was how certain things were used so that i was not creating bus's i would not need. So for the engines they go nowhere except as required for science.

    The only circuits are in the oil production to break down heavy into light and light into petroleum... nothing fancy just a tank connected to a pump.

    Weakest resource for me - steel.

    Thing I would have done different - keep the base a bit smaller - running up and down took time, i did build red belts up to make it faster but it was too spread out.

    Power - i was low a few times... i did not go nuc or solar as this is resource directed away from the goal. i think it was around

    Most Happy With - when i started red circuits i put them into chests... when i then needed the greens for other things i could close alll the slots on the chests and i had about 10k stored for use. I also used chests on low density so they could fill up for the rocket. and on the solid fuel before i had rocket fuel research.

    I'll put some more pics into comments :)

    edit - could not add image to comment so here it is

    stitched screen shots

    I have an oil field to the west and to the south. This save was just before i built the silo (at about 87% research on the silo)

    submitted by /u/LoveToMix
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else do this?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 07:14 AM PST

    Quick Question About Enemies

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 06:42 AM PST

    I know they don't attack things like rails and power lines. Would I need to protect a distant mining outpost? Or would they not target electric miners

    submitted by /u/MichaelB572
    [link] [comments]

    I did an oopsie

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:15 AM PST

    I did an oopsie

    Was rearranging some of my modules in my modular megabase and accidentally connected the main robot network to a red circuit production network... storage is clean I guess.

    https://preview.redd.it/wb55usioqj741.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=98096054075f24b6e06c106879899d3256b85228

    submitted by /u/SlashedHorizon
    [link] [comments]

    Uranium Ore Processing And Enriching

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 04:22 AM PST

    I tried a mini factory too, the 16K factory! (128x128)

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 06:53 PM PST

    Any tips for playing on a save with max biter frequency and size?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 05:35 AM PST

    I've got a couple hundred hours on the game, and i wanted to try something for a real challenge that'd make me use all the cool military tech like artillery and nukes that I usually ignore in favor of laser turret spam. So I thought I'd create a challenge map by taking the Rail World's map generation settings, but combine it with death world evolution and pollution, and then turn the biter frequency and size up to max so it was a pretty frightening wall of death beyond my starting area.

    Problem is, I keep getting my butt kicked before I can even get a foothold established.

    I found what I think is a pretty good seed that puts me on a peninsula that looks defensive with lots of green to help absorb the pollution.

    My base was just 6 or 7 electric mines, five or six furnaces, and just three assemblers total, one for gears, one for red science, and one for bullets. Even that was eventually creating enough pollution to start tickling the edge of the biters and starting to summon attacks while I was still on red science without any bullet damage techs researched, so I was nowhere near prepared to take on the nearby bases without it being a long slog. My starting area was 200% size.

    It feels like to keep the biters away I'd have to have just one miner and one furnace for each ore and live with a teeny tiny trickle of resources till the point where I can get more techs researched, and even then I'm not sure if that'd be enough or if that'd take so long the evolution time factor would have screwed me anyway.

    Am I doing something wrong, or is this just normal? Do I need a better seed? I know you're expected to keep the base small and do a lot by hand at first, but I thought I was keeping my automation to a pretty small amount. Turning the starting area size up to 300% feels a bit cheaty of the spirit of the challenge but I think I might rather do that and have a chance to get a foothold than to spend a few hours mining and crafting science by hand.

    Should I turn richness or size up even more from the normal rail world settings to offset how hard it'll be to expand to those areas, or will that make it too easy?

    submitted by /u/ousire
    [link] [comments]

    I launched my first rocket!

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:28 PM PST

    I launched my first rocket!

    I finally did it!

    What a great moment this is. I`m getting a huge boost of dopamine right now! I spent over 45 hours in this base and 150 hours in the game and it`s all worth it! Just wanna share this moment with you guys.

    Hope you enjoy my base!

    https://preview.redd.it/f9x7mg7cdi741.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=894725c61bda28204103bdfb258f8727ac341087

    submitted by /u/lokoDmau97
    [link] [comments]

    Why is this game so god damn addictive

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:27 AM PST

    So yesterday my friend came to my house at 3pm and we were going to do a lot of different things. Coincidentally, I was playing factorio before he arrived and we decided to start a lan world.

    We DIDN'T sleep at all. We played for 15 hours straight. Fifteen. Hours. Straight. Right through the whole night. Thanks game...

    submitted by /u/The2AndOnly1
    [link] [comments]

    Updated Mega Mall for Mid to Late Game - Logistics Based Bot Mall

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 06:06 PM PST

    Updated Mega Mall for Mid to Late Game - Logistics Based Bot Mall

    I recently updated the blueprint for my logistics bot based mega mall to include some recent recipe changes and some improvements from the last version released 6 months ago.

    Mega Mall Update

    Updated 12/28/2019:

    • Adjusted requester chest item levels
    • Adjusted speed modules in assemblers
    • Added assemblers for efficiency module lvl 1 and lvl 2 to help create power armor mk2
    • Added assembler for speed module lvl 2 to help create power armor mk2
    • Added another set of express belt assemblers to increase late game belt production
    • Added one additional concrete assembler, and added a hazard concrete assembler
    • Added a flamethrower ammo chemical plant (requires a crude oil line in now)
    • Updated rocket fuel assembler to take light oil input after recipe changes (requires a light oil input now)
    • Added 51 storage chests for general purpose storage. 9 Storage chests are filtered to store only wood, while 9 other storage chests are filtered to store ores. The remaining storage chests have no filters. The mall uses filtered storage chests already, so these additional storage chests will only contain non-mall items, or overflow if any particular item's chest is already full. After building this mega mall it is recommended to delete all your other storage chests in your network, so everything is sent to the mall for storage in the appropriate filtered chest.
    • Added 16 belts with stack inserters, inserting to passive provider chests. This is to help keep raw materials in your logistics network, in order to supply the logistics mall. You can plug in your BUS belts here, or just delete these if you have materials coming in from elsewhere.
    • Repositioned the supply pipes and belts to be fed from the left side of the blueprint
    • Expanded the footprint of the mall to accommodate the above changes

    Enjoy!

    Factorio Prints Blueprint Link:

    https://factorioprints.com/view/-LhxW8mXrdREbSnCIupJ

    submitted by /u/Bobpoblo
    [link] [comments]

    Self-disabling supply station for outposts with "hysteresis" - how can I simplify the circuitry?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:42 AM PST

    Self-disabling supply station for outposts with "hysteresis" - how can I simplify the circuitry?

    Hello!

    I'm a beginner, currently on my first "longer" map, following (actually completed) the tutorial by u/tuplex (thanks!).

    I've created a supply station for outposts that can self-disable itself as long as there are more than a half of what the station needs. This way the supply train is sent from the base only when there's a significant shortage of something in the outpost, not whenever the outposts shoots a single shell or fires the flamethrower for a fraction of the second - it's a sort-of a hysteresis (;

    https://preview.redd.it/x8ogdmq6xj741.png?width=1777&format=png&auto=webp&s=195f847cd54cdc2f594b458aa5956e70c02b3d53

    This seems to work fine, but I'm not really happy with the mess of wires and the use of _three_ arithmetic combinators, so I'm wondering whether this could be improved.

    First let me walk you through what I've done, as I imagine the screenshot doesn't explain anything at all (I did disable alt-mode on purpose, as with it it was harder to see what's going on there).

    So the station is meant for a train with a fluid wagon at the front, cargo wagon in the middle and artillery wagon at the end (it is actually used more like a storage for 100 shells than an artillery cannon itself). The fluid wagon carries light oil for the flamethrowers, the cargo wagon carries various stuff (construction bots, repair packs, electric poles, turrets, wall sections, ...) and the artillery wagon carries artillery shells (; With red wire I connect the box for artillery shells, the left roboport (set to "read robot statistics"), right roboport (set to "read logistic network contents") and the fluid tank. So this red wire (on the screenshot there are also two sections of red wire that are NOT connected to this one) carries the signals which tell what I currently have on this station.

    This wire is used to directly control the left filter-inserter, used to take out the construction bots from the wagon. The condition for this inserter is "T < 10".

    This wire is also connected to the left arithmetic combinator, set to "each * -1", output "each".

    There's a single constant combinator (behind the middle electric pole) which is set to the amount of stuff that I would like to have on this station.

    The output of this constant combinator is summed with the output of left arithmetic combinator - by connecting them with green wire - and this is basically the "shortage" of the supplies on the station. For example if I would like to have 48 shells, 10 construction bots and 5000 of light oil but I currently have only 40, 8 and 4000 respectively, then this green wire would have 8 shells, 2 bots and 1000 of light oil.

    This signal is used to control the filters of the right filter inserter, which pulls stuff from the cargo wagon into the storage chest.

    Now - as I said earlier - I don't want the train to be sent whenever I'm missing just a single item, because this way a single shot of the artillery would cause the train to be dispatched. So the middle arithmetic combinator (the one with "/") takes the inputs via red wire from the constant combinator and it is set to "each / -2" and output "each" - this is a negative threshold for sending the train, set to ~50%. Then there's the right arithmetic combinator, taking the input via red wire from the middle arithmetic combinator and via green wire carrying the "shortage" (described two paragraphs above), set to "each + 0" and output "each". This is the one I don't like the most, because it is used only to separate the wires... The output of this is set to enable the station on the condition "anything > 0".

    I was trying to set the whole thing so that I wouldn't have to repeat myself ("DRY" pattern [; ), so I used only one constant combinator instead of two, but I succeeded only partially, because the left filter inserter has explicit condition ("T < 10"), so does the pump ("light oil < 5000"), but these are minor.

    Generally I'm wondering whether this whole thing could be simplified and - possibly - minimized (like 2 arithmetic combinators instead of 3), for example by changing the way the wires are connected or whatever. Or maybe it can be done completely differently? Or maybe I'm overthinking it and 3 arithmetic combinators is a perfectly proper number to fulfill this task?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/FreddieChopin
    [link] [comments]

    Hey guys a newbie passssing through

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 06:49 AM PST

    I just got the game a few days ago and it's indeed fun. I have now progress to the yellow flask stage but at this point everything seems so overwhelming. My spawn is relatively newbie friendly as it has so many trees around it to absorb a big load of pollution my factory produces so I didn't bother to work on my defense much. But my iron source in my spawn is kind of running out and I suck at using my railroad system(aka two standalone loop transporting two different resources). And my factory is pure sphegetti :( and somehow I'm starting to feel depressed as everything feels so overwhelming

    submitted by /u/wakasagisan
    [link] [comments]

    [Krastorio] Should I convert the ore into the enriched stuff

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 06:34 AM PST

    Writing while on the bus so excuse the lack of understandable text. So I have been playing this mod for a bit now with one of my friends and I wonder if enriching the ore would be a good idea, also if you have any tips we'd love to hear them!

    submitted by /u/CTPVTPonds
    [link] [comments]

    Ore gen settings for megabase

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 12:20 AM PST

    TL;dr what are the best ore generation settings for a megabase world?

    Recently I have abandoned a second world after launching a rocket because of ore patches being too small/far away for me to start a megabase and keep my sanity.

    I would like to know what experienced megabase builders consider good ore generation settings when starting a new world.

    Thanks in advance for any help

    submitted by /u/SomtinFishy
    [link] [comments]

    Idea for interesting enemies

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 01:10 AM PST

    You know the game has these bugs that attacks you right? They are only composed of two types, biter and spiters. What if we make some variety? Here is some ideas.

    1. Queens. A mobile nest that spawns enemy to harass you. Only way to beat it is go on offensive, kill its guard, then defeat the queen.

    2. Mega nest. Current nest is always same HP, making it really fragile in late game. Mega nest has higher HP and armor, and spawns more bugs. Kinda like bugs, nests can also evolve!

    3. Flame spitters, a sub type that spray fire instead of acid.

    4. Rapid spitters: a spitter that spits in rapid 3 burst, but less damage, harder to dodge.

    5. Centipedes. A bug made of multiple sections. Each section shoot you. Breaking a section will make it split to 2. If section segment is too small say less than 2 segment, then centipede dies.

    submitted by /u/TK3600
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment