• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 3, 2021

    Factorio My husband is 4 hours in.

    Factorio My husband is 4 hours in.


    My husband is 4 hours in.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:12 AM PDT

    I've got about 800 hrs into this game and I finally convinced my husband to try it. It's midnight and I'm going to bed. He's still downstairs trying to figure out the best way to get iron over to his green circuits.

    I hope he comes to bed tonight….

    submitted by /u/lady_picadilly
    [link] [comments]

    First time I noticed how much power ligths need. More than miners!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    Why the hell not!?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 04:50 AM PDT

    Lights! Lights! Lights! Due to a (modestly low) demand, this is what 42k lamps looks like in a few pictures!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    Inspired by the trainsaw, I made an artillery train that automatically transforms into a chainsaw to defend itself when it's done shooting.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:08 PM PDT

    So I just downloaded this game. I was dreaming about it for years and finally got it. Maybe you have any tips for a new player like how I could be more efficient or what mistakes I should not do while starting my new world.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:14 AM PDT

    Delicious spaghetti ��

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    How long is too long of a pipeline?

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    Hi folks. I just started playing a few weeks ago, and I've reached the point that I need Oil.

    I'm pumping crude oil into tanks, loading that into trains, offloading into tanks closer to my Bus, and then pumping that crude oil into refineries (currently only have regular oil so I am not getting heavy/light yet).

    From my refineries, my design right now was to pipe the petroleum to multiple chemical plants as needed. For now, I had 4-6 set up, half for plastic and half for sulfur.

    My test run to make sure I had everything set up correctly worked great, but then I moved my sulfur plants further away (not horrifically far but probably like ~50-100 tiles away?). Once I reconnected, the flow into all of my plants (even plastic close to the refineries) got very low, and my plants are waiting to receive enough petroleum to produce.

    I tried adding pumps out of my refineries as soon as the pipes start, as well as pumps leading into the plants, but it didn't seem to help. Not sure how pumps work exactly.

    I feel like I need to not use so much pipe maybe? But then idk how to move these liquids around exactly. It isn't far enough to move by train but it seems too far for pipes unless I'm screwing something up here.

    Thanks so much for reading, I've been lurking this community and it's amazing to see all of the help and inspiration.

    submitted by /u/mousepadjones
    [link] [comments]

    Current Attempt at Beating the Game! (Started this morning. Base may be a little cheesy)

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 05:16 PM PDT

    First ever factory. Feeling good

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 04:13 PM PDT

    Question about Science / min.

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 04:34 AM PDT

    When we as a community say that our base is producing X science per minute (spm), do we mean all the different science colors per minute, or lowest color per minute, or.....?

    Lets say I produce 50k space science per minute as my slowest science produced, would that be a 50k spm base or do the other packs (Automation Science, transport science, etc.) count into the final count? In which case my base would be a 300k spm (6x50spm) base?

    Numbers may seem odd but Im doing an Angels+Bobs+Madclown base at the moment =)

    submitted by /u/craaazylegs
    [link] [comments]

    Module 3's! Self-contained, tileable, belt-based, and awesome

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 05:48 PM PDT

    Krastario2, 3rd playthrough.. gotta say this is my favourite Mod, not as rough as PyAL, Bob/Angel, SpaceExploration, just... relaxing.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    My first city block

    Posted: 03 Aug 2021 12:05 AM PDT

    My first city block

    Cryonite processing block (K2 + SE)

    After about 1200 hours of total play, I decided to graduate from main bus to city blocks. This is my take on a rail based city block.

    My very first block is for cryolite processing (K2 + SE). The block takes cryonite (via cargo rocket), water, sulphuric acid and plastic (via trains) and outputs cryolite rods & anion exchange beads.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/RaptorTWiked
    [link] [comments]

    after over 100 hours over the course of 4 playthroughs, i finally beat the game. thank you for your help!

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    Train noob here: Why are my incoming trains bumping the other trains stopped at the station? I did place a signal thingy at the entrance junction.

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 08:14 PM PDT

    Am I fool for using two way trains?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:43 PM PDT

    I'm about 175 hours into a game, just launching rockets and doing extra research. I have a main base with satellite bases that ship in things like copper or steel or circuits. Each of those satellites have a single track running between it and the main base, with a single train on it that shuttles back and forth, and is generally able to fill an express belt per cargo wagon. When a satellite base runs out of a resource I create a new one and reroute that train to there. Looking at my train stats I have 9 trains all running as shuttles between two points.

    This seems to be working well for me, however, I constantly see advice that one way, dual track setups are better than two way, single track setups. I'm just wondering if someone can point out some of the advantages that I might be missing, because they just don't seem to be worth the extra work of laying out the tracks.

    The main advantage I could see from one way setups is being able to put multiple trains on one track so that I can have trains arrive more often to the main base, and therefore keep the supply from running out. Currently I solve that by just adding more cargo wagons, and I think my largest train has 5 wagons.

    Perhaps I'm just not at the scale where they make sense yet?

    submitted by /u/DaleSwanson
    [link] [comments]

    It's been a min

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:42 PM PDT

    Does anyone else use a continuous ammo belt for defense?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 04:56 PM PDT

    For my starter base, I've got one single ammo factory that feeds onto one (technically four, one for each side, but they all connect together) long, spaghetti belt that goes out to the walls and supplies the turrets, and I have a chest sitting next to each turreted area to hold 200 more ammo for when it's needed. It's also easy to then pull all that ammo off the line and use it for the higher tier ammo I've found.

    submitted by /u/ThryxxHeralder
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the production at 600kW/25MW? I'm kinda new to this game. Am I doing something wrong?

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 09:13 AM PDT

    Started a new base, attempting to go megabase with this one. I hope the ratios are correct...

    Posted: 02 Aug 2021 10:22 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment