• Breaking News

    Monday, May 3, 2021

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread

    Factorio Weekly Question Thread


    Weekly Question Thread

    Posted: 02 May 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    Ask any questions you might have.

    Post your bug reports on the Official Forums


    Previous Threads


    Subreddit rules

    Discord server (and IRC)

    Find more in the sidebar ---->

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    What's the point in concrete when some of the terrain is still visible on the concrete, it makes it annoying when your trying to get a clean looking path

    Posted: 02 May 2021 08:40 PM PDT

    Life uhhh... finds a way.

    Posted: 03 May 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    Making a sushi belt be like:

    Posted: 02 May 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    a spitter and a bush looks like a mole

    Posted: 03 May 2021 07:04 AM PDT

    Gathering together for base expansion | Factorio chibi

    Posted: 02 May 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    Compact late game 3 blue belt per wagon loader and unloader, no backlog and all belts are completely full (needs max inserter capacity researched).

    Posted: 02 May 2021 05:27 PM PDT

    Krastorio2/Spaceexploration

    Posted: 03 May 2021 03:59 AM PDT

    Hi I'm fairly new to this group but I have a question. My friend and me are playing this modpack and so far we really enjoy it. We managed to go to nauvis orbit and start working there but we have a huge problem automating the cargo rocket. We're both not good with combinators so I'm looking for some hints or tips how to automate the deliveries to orbit. Or later from other planets to nauvis or whatever. So does anyone have a guide or blueprint to automate that?

    submitted by /u/Durantum
    [link] [comments]

    Belt Madness, How to reduce belt usage?

    Posted: 02 May 2021 12:49 PM PDT

    Tileable 5 full blue belts from each wagon

    Posted: 03 May 2021 02:24 AM PDT

    Tileable 5 full blue belts from each wagon

    Silly unloading

    After seeing the previous unloading post, I wanted to see how far I could push it. The intermediary boxes a limited to a single stack, but otherwise nothing hidden is going on.

    If compressed, this gives you slightly more than 5 fully compressed blue belts per wagon. This is more than 2/3 of the speed that the 12 stack inserters can offload the train, so it starts putting fairly tight constraints on station utilization. If that becomes a problem, I guess you could add a layer of buffer chests in between, but that just adds to the silliness. I'm pretty sure it would be for everyone to just have longer trains instead.

    submitted by /u/troelsbjerre
    [link] [comments]

    Simple 0.8GW nuclear module

    Posted: 02 May 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    I need help improving my main base, primarily the rail network, any thoughts? (base has ~350 hours put into it)

    Posted: 03 May 2021 07:44 AM PDT

    Factorio Demo on Steam won't work. It seems only a few of the sprites are loading. Please help.

    Posted: 03 May 2021 07:37 AM PDT

    Weird particle flickering on screen.

    Posted: 03 May 2021 07:36 AM PDT

    Hi, I recently downloaded the demo of Factorio on Steam as I heard so many good things about it and wanted to try it out. However I have encountered this weird issue (see video below), so was just wondering if anybody else has and has found a fix for it. I tried tweaking all the settings but to no avail.

    PC Specs:
    Ryzen 5 3600
    RX 5700 XT
    16GB RAM
    500GB Samsung SSD
    Windows 10

    https://reddit.com/link/n3xoeq/video/3mushe4f1xw61/player

    submitted by /u/zjake6
    [link] [comments]

    Because fuck biters

    Posted: 02 May 2021 12:58 PM PDT

    Circuit Network - Quick Wiring

    Posted: 02 May 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    Hey all, I just had a simple question I haven't been able to find the answer to on Reddit or Factorio's official site.

    Is there a way to quickly connect many entities to a circuit network at once, or do I have to go through and click/connect each entity manually? That's all, thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/skwisgaar152
    [link] [comments]

    New player curious.

    Posted: 02 May 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    I've sunk about 10 hours into this game now and I love it. It's so therapeutic to build and automate something and watch it all work. But I've been thinking about the railway systems in the game and how to utilize them. I was just curious what to use the trains for right now. What do I gain out of making a railway system efficiency wise? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/GodlyCooki
    [link] [comments]

    No achievements

    Posted: 03 May 2021 12:48 AM PDT

    Hi y'all, maybe you guys can help me. I started a new world in order to start gaining achievements again. Now after about 200hrs I slowly realize that I still am not getting them. Why is that? I didnt use console commands and play pure vanilla..

    submitted by /u/derMasterboi
    [link] [comments]

    The beginning of my megabase. 0 rocket.

    Posted: 02 May 2021 10:04 AM PDT

    beacons or no beacons, the UPS are the question.

    Posted: 02 May 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    Hello my dear engineers, you see I have a question: my potato is already reaching the point where it gets slow when playing on my current base (about 250 science packages per minute) and I wanted to know how much I see often how they surround the machines with beacons to solve that:

    -Are machines surrounded by beacons really better in terms of UPS?

    -How bad are the complicated balancer-style loops?

    -How much do robots affect performance? (I usually have about 3,000 assets each time)

    And if someone could, to simplify things: could someone assign values to the machines of how bad they are? maybe something in format ...

    -basic belt: 1

    -assembly machine: 5

    -motobomba: 120000

    thanks in advance if someone took pity on my potato.

    submitted by /u/angel20015
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment