• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 18, 2021

    Factorio psa: don't open a assembler making a centrifuge...

    Factorio psa: don't open a assembler making a centrifuge...


    psa: don't open a assembler making a centrifuge...

    Posted: 18 May 2021 03:49 AM PDT

    After living through the snowvid-19 event in Texas this winter, I vow that my factorio Death World shall never experience power failure.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    Small gray science 60 spm blueprint that I designed

    Posted: 17 May 2021 06:24 PM PDT

    Walked by and thought bots seemed busier than normal...

    Posted: 18 May 2021 06:34 AM PDT

    JOSEF (Self-expanding factory): Tutorial series (maybe?)

    Posted: 18 May 2021 02:08 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    Since my self-expanding factory JOSEF sparked up some interest, I decided to try doing a little tutorial series on how to do this yourself. The plan is to basically start building a new and improved JOSEF and make a few videos along they way, explaining how different parts work, talking about difficulties and problems that occur, and so on.

    The first video can be found here. In this one, I mainly talk about the ring expansion mechanism. I try to do this in a fairly basic way, going through combinator settings and stuff. I'd be interested to know if this is just boring as hell and I should just go through the general ideas more quickly or if I should keep it this way. (because there will be a lot of combinators involved in this, if you like it or not!) In the end, you'll be rewarded with a nice timelapse of the new ring expansion that I'm building.

    I'm not sure yet how many episodes I'm going to do. I'll see if people are actually interested and if I can get over my "Oh god, I have to speak english into a microphone" anxiety :)

    The (maybe too ambitious, I'm not sure yet) plan is: I'm going to build a larger JOSEF 2 that:

    • uses 3x3 instead of 2x2 chunk cells
    • deals with water both as an obstacle and as a resource
    • actually makes science instead of just building materials
    • has a bit more advanced logic as to what to build next, compared to the "tumour" approach of the last version

    Now, I barely have any experience with making tutorial videos (aside from a little university tutorial stuff, thanks Covid) so this might still be a bit... unpolished I guess? I'd really appreciate some honest feedback on it. Too boring? Too fast? Too slow? Too loud keyboard noises? Yes to that last one, obviously, I'm going to try and fix this for the next video.

    Generally, any feedback would be appreciated. I'm not going to post new episodes here (I feel like I've already been plugging my content enough here on reddit, I'm sorry about that) but I will probably post regular updates about the new JOSEF in general. Feel free to check out the series and tell me what you think!

    JOSEF Timelapse (34h in 10 min)

    submitted by /u/Drogiwan_Cannobi
    [link] [comments]

    A Minigame for wooden chest haters

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:04 AM PDT

    Soon, the true work begins (starting to build Space Exploration city block)

    Posted: 18 May 2021 05:39 AM PDT

    I might be producing too many artillery shells... Death world, standard resource settings

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:57 PM PDT

    Why can't the last furnaces in my smelting setup fit their plates onto the output belt?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 06:30 PM PDT

    How to measure base "volume"?

    Posted: 18 May 2021 04:32 AM PDT

    I had an idea for a video. You have probably seen some "size comparison" videos where the camera goes from smallest to largest object, I want to do something similar with prominent factorio bases.

    What is a good way to approximate base size? Even a tiny base can have *dimensions* larger than any megabase if there is some remote mining outpost, sprawling train base can be massive but not exceptional in terms of production.

    submitted by /u/hornetDC
    [link] [comments]

    Playing Warptorio and this is my Red/Green science level; the product of several hours work.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 06:28 PM PDT

    I love making train unloaders for big builds like this

    Posted: 17 May 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    Factorio pain.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 04:02 PM PDT

    I totally got very hyped for my first rocket launch on my italian first map (300 saves, 100h35m)! (together with unnecessary full beginner's spaghetti base network showcase)

    Posted: 17 May 2021 11:29 AM PDT

    [NEW PLAYER]Can you make automated trains on one track?

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:18 PM PDT

    Trying to make a train that goes from point A to B on a single track. One end loads iron and the other end of the line unloads the iron. If a train is on a single track going back and forth does it need a engine train on both ends for the stops to work? What are we doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/Dyyrin
    [link] [comments]

    Release of the (probably) final version of my Many-to-Many Train System with Remote-controlled Outposting, version 8! Blueprints and documentations are within the link.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    Space exploration tips

    Posted: 18 May 2021 07:38 AM PDT

    Gave factorio a 3 month rest. Starting out some space exploration. Any tips before I embark?

    submitted by /u/GiantBlueSmurf
    [link] [comments]

    Factorio Any% will be at SGDQ this year

    Posted: 18 May 2021 07:06 AM PDT

    Robot Based Covarex Design

    Posted: 18 May 2021 06:07 AM PDT

    Robot Based Covarex Design

    I have been seeing alot of covarex designs so i wanted to show my own simple design that just uses a single wire.

    Overal Design

    So the basic design is just a set of inserters to empty the centrifuge, a requester chest to supply u-238 and an inserter to remove the excess u-235.

    Filter inserter

    Requester chest

    submitted by /u/jasperwegdam
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I just published my first time-lapse on YouTube. Yes it is not perfect but can you look and tell me what I should improve on. Thanks to what will do it ��

    Posted: 17 May 2021 03:31 PM PDT

    Trying to build a gauge for my oil storage tanks, lamps won't turn on. Help, please.

    Posted: 17 May 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    First time playing Krastorio 2. Train block is turning out to be pretty fun!

    Posted: 17 May 2021 06:08 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment