• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 28, 2021

    Factorio Showerthought: Subnautica and Factorio are almost opposites of each other

    Factorio Showerthought: Subnautica and Factorio are almost opposites of each other


    Showerthought: Subnautica and Factorio are almost opposites of each other

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:11 PM PDT

    In Subnautica, you're trying to get off the planet 4546B and get home. In Factorio, you're trying to turn Nauvis into your new home.

    In Subnautica, you're trying to cure the environment (mostly yourself though) of a deadly bacterium. In Factorio, you are the deadly disease ravaging the planet.

    In Subnautica, everything you build is smooth and clean. In Factorio, the dirtier the better.

    In Subnautica, the planet is covered in water. In Factorio, it's not.

    The same parts are that you crash land on an alien world with life on it and are the sole survivor of the crash.

    Interesting thought I came across after finishing Subnautica today.

    submitted by /u/FactoryBuilder
    [link] [comments]

    Finally completed my dual run of "Lazy Bastard" and "Logistics Embargo"

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:44 PM PDT

    After realizing how much I was missing out on by not utilizing beacons and speed modules (I only used production models and had massive assembly lines), I made my first ever 12 beaconed setup

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:49 PM PDT

    First Rocket launch after 120hrs and severe Train spaghetti in my very first game, what do you think?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:20 AM PDT

    Update for the redditers who helped me with the insufficient water flow to Steam-Turbine engins issue: (It may not be fabulous, but it works insanely well)

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:29 PM PDT

    Grateful : We just finished SpaceEx

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:08 AM PDT

    We ended up renting a small server for the 4 madmen of us.

    It took us 460 hours to finish The SpaceExploration Mod/Mission.

    Spoiler: The ship a partial reveal of the solution, as we spent a fair chunk of time on the design, but then again, the complexity was self-inflicted! ;p

    "SE" kept us sane during the pandemic and the lockdowns up here, so I am very grateful for that.

    Will be chipping in to the Patron page, as we all should!

    Happy to share our list of mods, if you'd like.

    Stay safe, stay sane, and thank you!

    https://preview.redd.it/7re31tbjbxv61.png?width=2560&format=png&auto=webp&s=e9da781b52188f7b394cc3d4eac7b36edd774974

    submitted by /u/iciSilver
    [link] [comments]

    Simplest Kovarex setup ever?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    Just finished my first game and I have some thoughts

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 05:32 AM PDT

    I finally bought factorio and was instantly addicted. Amazing game that kept throwing new logic challenges at me in an organic way. While I "won" I'm far from done with the game, but I have some thoughts/complaints and was wondering what the community thought.

    1. Biters- I wouldn't have bought the game if they didn't exist, but after playing I feel they add nothing and aren't interesting. I never felt like I achieved anything by fighting off biters or hunting them down. It felt like a chore.

    2. The car- unbelievably difficult to control and I felt that it's was better to walk. For such a big goal from the tutorial it was quite the let down.

    3. Blue belt vs logistics - it's odd to me that these two techs unlock at about the same time. Blue belt seemed like a great goal, then the next tech I unlocked was advanced logistics and suddenly belt felt like a waste. I can't think of a great reason to update everything to blue belt and new construction tends to err on the side of a logistics network.

    4. Fluid handling - it's not good. Refineries look like a hot mess with five different pipes jutting out of them. Even using pipe to ground you have bumps everywhere and due to pipes your refineries have to be in a line. Nothing makes me want an underground layer more than dealing with fluids.

    5. Barrels - why would you use these? Spaghetti pipes seem to work fine. They are amazingly complicated and add even more buildings. If you need to transport fluids on a train, just use a fluid car. I can't see a use, please let me know why!

    6. Trains - they are great, but boy howdy does the signal system have the worst tutorial. Also I wish if my curve was sightly off on a turn I could still have the track join up.

    7. Personal roboport comes too late - it sucks laying the same 4-5 components over and over again (inserter, assembly machine, inserter and 1.5 electric poles). This should be able to be automated very early on.

    8. Belts seem to be missing parts - solving how to get two full belts joined into one belt that is full on each side was fun a few times, and tedious for the rest of the game. Why isn't there a distributor as a mid game tech?

    9. Circuit networks - they seem neat, I had no need for them. Are they mostly for low resource factories?

    I hope this hasn't been talked to the ground before.

    submitted by /u/bartleby42c
    [link] [comments]

    so after (checks time 20 hours) i now have this ........ automated mess?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:39 PM PDT

    2nd playthrough, my 1st 1 GW power plant (1.1 GW). Could add a few more if I wanted, last pipe is at 600 C. I have all my water pumps on their own grid 100% run by solar and accumulators because I learned the lesson the hard way about having the water supply power be connected to the main grid.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    My 12 beacon lab setup, how many labs would the belts support?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    Wanted to share with you my first rocket launch base, any feedback is welcome !

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    My first playthrough. [6 SPM All Sciences in 1 block]. Tips/Advice/Critique welcome. Im really proud of my spaghetti monster.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:19 AM PDT

    I accidentaly pressed spacebar. good thing I'm on map editor.

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:03 PM PDT

    my very own spaghetti base created in 4 hours with a friend!

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    My first 1.1k spm mega base! ( solo survival , no biters , no mods,) I,ve been working on this for about 3 weeks, not finished but... I think i should take a break from factorio ( this worlds 160+hours old) please feel free to give advice :)

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:03 PM PDT

    How to transition into trains?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:44 AM PDT

    So I wouldn't call myself new to this game, just not very good at it. I've never gotten that far into the game, and I was wondering how to properly use trains. All of these bases that I see on this subreddit utilize trains extensively, but I always end up just using them to move stuff from mining/oil outposts and to my factory, I'm a big fan of the main bus concept, but how do I move from that kind of base into a city block/ train-based base? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DizzleTheByzantine
    [link] [comments]

    So I'm doing heavy oil for the first time...

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:52 PM PDT

    I'm sorry of this is a highly-saturated question on the sub, but I was wanting to be able to discuss this further.

    I'm delving into heavy oil for the first time, so my question is obvious - how do I deal with one resource backing up and halting the production of the others? I know that I need to do cracking to convert light oil into gas, but that still creates the inevitability of gas backing up, or heavy oil backing up when I need one or the other.

    Is there a surefire way around this where I don't have to unclog everything? What should I produce from the gas?

    submitted by /u/Iconix_RL
    [link] [comments]

    Holy Moly! Just found the edge of the Map

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:14 AM PDT

    Holy Moly! Just found the edge of the Map

    Ok so i've been playing since the game was originally released in late alpha/early beta and i've never knew there was a map edge until today.

    https://preview.redd.it/ko8te1ujhvv61.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=6f54d3f9ecaada121f1e5ab48e01142787192a12

    submitted by /u/Niffen36
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Inventory-Checklist (preferably from blueprints)

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:11 AM PDT

    I would like to have a checklist to convenient gather factories for a build. Something that tells me that I have

    78/100 belts

    15/20 inserters

    0/5 refineries

    I am currently playing seablock and gathering all the buildings for a build (calculated in helmod or copying via blueprint) gets chaotic quite fast.

    Does anyone know a mod that can do that? Or how hard it would be to make one (might give it a shot if nothing exists yet)?

    submitted by /u/_firebender_
    [link] [comments]

    Do you study engineering or logistics?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 06:11 AM PDT

    1. Which Science Pack do you try to setup first to beeline a specific Tech?
    2. Which Science Pack unlocks the better Techs overall?

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Sigma2718
    [link] [comments]

    Enemy despawn questions

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:14 AM PDT

    I've been messing around with spidertrons and artillery on my main world recently, and found out that I can take my spidertron battalion onto a tiny island, place some artillery wagons, and fill them up with artillery shells, and they'll shell every nest and worm in range, and the biters and spitters don't retaliate for some reason. Eventually, the biters and spitters despawn, it seems (I've seen enemies poof right in front of me after my artillery destroyed all the nests and worms). My best guess is that they despawn when they spend a certain amount of time without a nest nearby... as long as they don't have a target for their aggression. I'm hoping someone has already put in the research for this. My questions are:

    1. What conditions prevent enemy despawn?
    2. How long does it take for enemies to despawn?
    3. Are there downsides to my circle of artillery islands around my base?
    submitted by /u/Casual_Lawful
    [link] [comments]

    Mining productivity tech

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:24 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm developing mining productivity. And I'm wonder at whichevel of this tech i can fulfill blue belt just by two mine. Worth Bleu modules. Anyone calculated it? As for now I'm researching mining productivity 71.

    submitted by /u/henryk_kwiatek
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment