• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 31, 2020

    Factorio Why does my iron vein look like China?

    Factorio Why does my iron vein look like China?


    Why does my iron vein look like China?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:49 AM PDT

    Building rails with the spidertron is a pain because of unresponsive construction robots

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    Happy Haloween 2020, Fellow Engineers!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    GAS! GAS! GAS!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    You guys love super-spaghetti, so as promised, here's my base tour of BadBagel: Where Spaghetti Goes To Suffer. Not for the faint of heart.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    145 hours in, 1k rockets launched, 1k spm

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    I built a number lock without using combinators

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:46 AM PDT

    rate my factory!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 12:02 AM PDT

    Game settings for a 3 player, more defense-orientated game?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    I'm going to be playing a multiplayer game with two friends who haven't played before (I haven't played too much myself, I've played a few games but never launched a rocket yet). With my local games though, I always found Biters to be quite easy, and I've never really had to dedicate much thought to them, and it seems to me that they would be even less of a problem in multiplayer.

    I've been thinking that a slightly more survival-y, defence-orientated game would work quite well with co op multiplayer, so I was wondering:
    a) Is this a terrible idea?
    b) What settings should I use to set this up without making the game impossible?

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/halfdecent
    [link] [comments]

    Think I'm starting to understand why I'm a villain.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 09:17 AM PDT

    The factory couldnt grow..

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 10:21 PM PDT

    Tragedy and redemption:

    I decided to wet my beak coming back in to this game with Space Exploration and all of its complimentary mods. I went to town with creative mode making my own blueprints for everything I could think of. I was having a blast making compact expandable factories, near perfect ratios, and future proofed layouts for the inevitable upgrade to blue belts. I couldn't figure out helmod so max rate calculator was my best friend. Most of my designs achieved that max rate. I however made one dire mistake, I designed around products per second instead of products per minute. By the time I noticed I had designed more than half of what I needed to make a Space Exploration megabase, with all but 1 of the sciences you can make on Nauvis able to produce 1800 spm. All of the science blueprints were designed to produce anything they needed by themselves, and I was quite proud of how little space they each took up. Unfortunately this was far more than I'd ever need. From what I've heard this mod gets pretty heavy on performance towards the late game, so these just wouldn't do.

    I started over, barely able to salvage anything I made besides the basic layouts for different input configurations and the chip factories. I slapped everything together, occasionally getting stuck making things nice a neat. Each new day I'd go through and undo my tired mind mistakes belting up the increasingly pastafied imput sections, figure out what I was missing and rearranging the order of factories next to their support factories. I finally reached the point where everything was functioning great, and completely skipped remaking the science factories for a set of functional enough blueprints I found.

    Everything was piped up, working well. The factory was fed by my massive 42 belt bus of creative plates/oil/stone/ect. A handicap I gave myself to get be back to near the point I was the last time I attempted this mod. Given the time this mod takes to play I figured skipping the raw resource gathering would save me a lot of time. Then I finally got to where I wanted to be, I had launched the navigation satellite, had my mall working great after 5 iterations of 'forgot this and that' and 'gonna need a lot more of this.' I was ready to set up my first cargo rocket, I had everything I needed built and ready to slap down. Then it happened, the biggest challenge a factorio player could ever possibly face. My power went out. For 5 long days I tried to be a fully functional human who doesn't need these creature comforts. I survived, the power just came back up, much sooner than I expected, and the first thing I did was put factorio on my old laptop with all my favorite mods. The second thing I did was type up this long winded story. Next up is a nice long hot shower and Then I'm staying up all night doing what I set out to do so long ago, I'm going to space!

    submitted by /u/Sdisme12345
    [link] [comments]

    I love this blueprint soo much

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Say hello to my new neighbors

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    220 hours in and I finally made made bots for the very first time. Launching a rocket will be next!

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 03:44 PM PDT

    How much automation is too much?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    I have a fair amount of steel furnaces, and I was wondering if I should wait to advance technology to the electric furnaces or if I should use a f ck-ton of materials to automate coal going into the steel furnaces for now.

    submitted by /u/FancyCuber
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to run a Factorio save (server), info.json told to be missing

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    Hello. I have a factorio save that i want to load (headless server) and i modified it quite a bit (control.lua). the save however doesn't want to load, as it says Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:90: MultiplayerManager failed: "File /opt/factorio/servers/test/saves/_autosave19.zip/info.json not found" even though the file info.json is in the uncompressed variant, and when i decompress the .zip file it is also there. any help to why this could happen?

    submitted by /u/iamyourboi
    [link] [comments]

    Krastorio 2

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    What are your opinions about it ? Is it more complex then Bob/Angel ?

    submitted by /u/konwentolak
    [link] [comments]

    So I finally got the Solaris achievement

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    My ridiculous late game Mall of Most Things*

    Posted: 30 Oct 2020 04:08 PM PDT

    My ridiculous late game Mall of Most Things*

    *science and smelting not included

    Overview

    Key Features:

    -Makes literally everything in vanilla except science packs and smelted items

    -Auto balanced oil processing

    -Sulfuric acid train for easy uranium mining

    -Automated kovarex enrichment that feeds extras into the network as soon as possible

    -Military train for common outpost items

    -Personal/build/recovery train

    and of course designated parking for your car, tank, and spidertron

    What things am I missing to make this the ultimate late game one stop shop?

    !blueprint https://pastebin.com/nk4eRg8h

    submitted by /u/circuitsbecrazy
    [link] [comments]

    Moduled/Beaconed Electric Furnace Smelting - Blue Belt

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    Hi Folks,

    Does anyone have a module/beacon'd blueprint for Electric Furnace smelting, to max out a blue belt? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/jaeone
    [link] [comments]

    Angel's Crawler Construction Robots - How to Pick them up?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    Angel's Crawler Construction Robots - How to Pick them up?

    I might or might not have deployed a few thousand too many crawler bots... is there a smart way to retrieve them?

    https://preview.redd.it/80jtvy1vffw51.png?width=494&format=png&auto=webp&s=ebeba93c53aff90d11ee484efb31f41cda4a9ccd

    submitted by /u/mozair
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment